Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

^ Yeah, that's old news, for both IU & Universal. Universal announced/promised a new attraction every year in its US parks a year or so ago. I think it was right around the time that they had that press release talking about all the new stuff coming to USH, including Supercharged.

Yup, there it is. Big time lower lot expansion. And that's not all...

Big Time Studio Expansion is what really gets me. Because from what it sounds like, they should be starting work soon on that (as its stated from the Variety Article of it being in two phases) yes?

so stages 16-20 will apparently stay but stages 33-42 may go for more of the theme park according to the map Alex linked. I know the map is not a concrete revelation, but I find it interesting that the Mummy building is still in tact. 

Yesterday on the tram tour, I noticed that the area around the "Lions Estate" signs were completely torn up.  Quite a bit of demolition.  Also, there were several people along Park Lake with multiple drawing sheets looking over the area.  Maybe this area will be gone sooner than later.

Yesterday on the tram tour, I noticed that the area around the "Lions Estate" signs were completely torn up.  Quite a bit of demolition.  Also, there were several people along Park Lake with multiple drawing sheets looking over the area.  Maybe this area will be gone sooner than later.

Hmm, seems that they aren't going to waste time as they start work on the new soundstages that we're announced back in June...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know a ton about USH. But, how easy would it be for Comcast to simply buy a hotel nearby to the resort and bring that hotel up to their standards?

When we talked on Saddle Ranch here on the forums, the discussion of a possible hotel came up. And to be honest, I have to really wonder if the reason to why Fum Lung hasn't seemed to happen, stems to a possible larger issue on the area around itself? Because in theory, the hotel would be on an inclined base that is located in LA, home to a lot of earthquakes.

Not saying it can't happen there, but perhaps its structural concern to why they have halted?

As for the Park Gate hotel that was talked in the plans, I honestly see that to be the most likely hotel to happen first, as it would pave the way to change traffic-flow around that area inhabiting the security check's and could possibly help widen the amount of guests that can walk around there.

Coupled with some convention space incorporated in the hotel, a new structure for hotel guests and preferred parking, and possibly some additional things, it may be a great choice for Universal in the long run.

I don't know a ton about USH. But, how easy would it be for Comcast to simply buy a hotel nearby to the resort and bring that hotel up to their standards?

I find that a question too, because of the Hilton and Shearton right next to the park.

If they can somehow find a way to purchase them, it gives them not just hotels, but possibly land for something more proper to what we see from Orlando, or Singapore.

I find that a question too, because of the Hilton and Shearton right next to the park.

If they can somehow find a way to purchase them, it gives them not just hotels, but possibly land for something more proper to what we see from Orlando, or Singapore.
I would think the Hilton + the Sheraton would be too expensive to flat out purchase. I could see Universal doing some kind of Loewe's style deal with Hilton or Sheraton. But, I'm not entirely sure what Hilton or Sheraton would receive. Universal could hand over some fringe perks (early entry, Universal Express), but I don't think that would move the needle on Hilton/Sheraton attendance as much as they'd desire. I'd be surprised if those two hotels ever have <90% occupancy right now anyways.