Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

First is the main entrance one pictured above and the second one is being built on the old Chinese restaurant? And are there any plans of making the new hotels fully on-site with Gate A, etc benefits (ala UOR resorts) or another outsourced brand like we have now (Hilton, Sheraton).
I'm guessing they would push for the former. Especially with Harry Potter coming in, it'd assume that a tie-in would be very lucrative for the park and hotel.

I'm not so much wondering about what will come after Potter as much as I am wondering what will come in 2015. I've been hearing that it won't have anything related to the Studio Tour despite losing 2 tour stops this year. So i'm assuming it'll either be a new show in the Castle theater, or even a new ride in that same area. But that's just me wishfully thinking.
Who have you heard that from?

Having something new on the studio tour very soon will be VERY beneficial for crowd control, especially with Potter. With the tour being almost an hour long and with having Kong and a new F&F segment, I think it would definitely help with crowd control. Q

Jon. did you forget this one or is it just me.

http://www.rchstudios.com/nbcuniversal-evolution-plan/

Is it me or is the sstructures near george is the one thing to cover georges for films. its just me on that i think but we'll see.

Jon. did you forget this one or is it just me.

http://www.rchstudios.com/nbcuniversal-evolution-plan/

Is it me or is the sstructures near george is the one thing to cover georges for films. its just me on that i think but we'll see.
The structure to the right is the current Curious George lot that is covered in camouflage paint to blend it into the background for filming. The one to the left of that is the new proposed structure on the current ET lot. Hope that clears things up.

Just a heads up, if you have a sense that someone has concrete insider information or is an insider, it's best to not draw too much attention to it on the forums, use PM. Just a heads up for the future in general :)

As for a new tour animation opening next year, I can almost guarantee you it's not true. Next year's attraction will be SSFL and Minion Mayhem. If something like a new F&F were to be built, it would open in 2015 after construction, testing, and design phases. That way the rumored "attraction every year" would be true as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, if you have a sense that someone has concrete insider information or is an insider, it's best to not draw too much attention to it on the forums, use PM. Just a heads up for the future in general :)

As for a new tour animation opening next year, I can almost guarantee you it's not true. Next year's attraction will be SSFL and Minion Mayhem. If something like a new F&F were to be built, it would open in 2015 after construction, testing, and design phases. That way the rumored "attraction every year" would be true as well.

yep. get ready to hear and see minions all next year in every commerical spot haha

I don't think anyone ever said that there would only be ONE attraction per year. They could very easily open a new tram stop and DM next year. Especially since DM has a pre-summer opening making a fall-winter opening for a Studio Tour stop very plausible with a 2015 attraction still in the works for the park.

I don't think anyone ever said that there would only be ONE attraction per year. They could very easily open a new tram stop and DM next year. Especially since DM has a pre-summer opening making a fall-winter opening for a Studio Tour stop very plausible with a 2015 attraction still in the works for the park.
agreed as they might do what the bullet at knotts did when it opened in the late 2004. they could if they start immediately so we'll see but for now i doubt it.

As an "insider" myself, I guess I probably wrote that totally wrong. A "I'm pretty darn sure that's not what's happening" is probably a better indicator of what I meant than what I typed.

Doesn't have much to do with the plan in general but BehindTheThrills details what is going on in the next couple of months with the construction walls that are coming up this week:

http://behindthethrills.com/2013/09/universal-studios-hollywood-closes-multiple-attractions-to-make-room-for-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter/
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything new or unexpected that's being raised by this article.

Are you referring to the Mummy's Tomb?