NBCUniversal Evolution Plan | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder what Universal Studios Hollywood's plans are what new attractions to add after Potter opens..

Robert Niles said in his last podcast that he has a couple of insiders with the detailed plans of the Evolution project and as soon as they are ready to give him some info, he will do a podcast on it. Hopefully he'll get it soon. As I am very excited about this project.

t7.png

I have been studying the evolution plan. I noticed that T-7 seems to be a lot bigger than most other tram attractions. I wonder if this site could be used for something bigger than a normal tram drive though attaction. I also noticed that the road does not go through the attaction, but rather around it. This is the site that they use to drop you off part way through the tour to take a break. Mabey the tram could drop you off here like in the past. Then you can explore some new area like Potter phase 2 or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jon Fu
Problem is, even if they managed to salvage the amphitheater, they'd still be in the rut they're in now. Large theaters are tough to fill nowadays, and all the bigger acts are playing at L.A. Live.

Amphitheater is a great venue, but it wasn't getting consistently good acts.

Ahh. The Irvine Meadows.. It's a great venue too. But I see why Gibson isn't getting the people and acts, but it's great for award shows. )

t7.png

I have been studying the evolution plan. I noticed that T-7 seems to be a lot bigger than most other tram attractions. I wonder if this site could be used for something bigger than a normal tram drive though attaction. I also noticed that the road does not go through the attaction, but rather around it. This is the site that they use to drop you off part way through the tour to take a break. Mabey the tram could drop you off here like in the past. Then you can explore some new area like Potter phase 2 or something else.
Interesting point about the road. Maybe they placed a generic graphic there and called it a day.

Anybody know?

Someone posted these on our Facebook page:
I found these on Google images. The pictures seem to be pre-nonresidential Evolution plan so things might change but it gives us a good idea of what is to come.

First, I found these by google images. The pictures seem to be pre-nonresidential Evolution plan so things might change but it gives us a good idea of what is to come.
Yup. I've included a link above, and they are from the previous residential Evolution guideline. 

:mellow:   I gotta admit i was hoping for some color to one of the hotels but hey its a dream...
Concept art, especially some this old, is not 100% concrete. Everything in that picture is subject to change. The only thing you can maybe count on is the fact of there being hotels behind the globe. That's it. Unless they released blueprints and elevations, just expect a tall hotel behind the globe in the coming years.

The second one is not happening in that location.

The first, in the main entrance area, will start construction soonish... enough to be finished around the time Potter opens.

The second one is not happening in that location.

The first, in the main entrance area, will start construction soonish... enough to be finished around the time Potter opens.
First is the main entrance one pictured above and the second one is being built on the old Chinese restaurant? And are there any plans of making the new hotels fully on-site with Gate A, etc benefits (ala UOR resorts) or another outsourced brand like we have now (Hilton, Sheraton).

I'm not so much wondering about what will come after Potter as much as I am wondering what will come in 2015. I've been hearing that it won't have anything related to the Studio Tour despite losing 2 tour stops this year. So i'm assuming it'll either be a new show in the Castle theater, or even a new ride in that same area. But that's just me wishfully thinking.