Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Epic Games and the Unreal Engine will be collaborating with WDI and Lucasfilm for the Millennium Falcon attraction.

And also, another update from the guys at Fresh Baked shows this.

We saw the blueprints for Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and this is what they show – Orange County Register

Article with some new info. The actual blueprints aren't shown, but the following is:
park-try-2.jpg

It gives us a look at how the Millennium Falcon ride will work that we haven't seen yet.

We saw the blueprints for Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and this is what they show – Orange County Register

Article with some new info. The actual blueprints aren't shown, but the following is:
park-try-2.jpg

It gives us a look at how the Millennium Falcon ride will work that we haven't seen yet.

Also from the article...

2. The First Order ride
The building bears the code name “Alcatraz” in documents. It is a massive structure that nearly takes up nearly a quarter of Galaxy’s Edge. The plans reveal that inside, visitors will hop aboard an eight-person ride vehicle piloted by an astromech droid. Visitors will weave through projection scenes depicting a major space battle, elaborate props such as AT ATs, gunners, and a possible encounter with Kylo Ren (nicknamed Kylo-Vator in plans) before leaving in an escape pod. There are 18 scenes in total.

3. Flying the Falcon

Dubbed “Big Bird” in plans, the Millennium Falcon is 100-feet across. Inside, the ride has a pre-show room before guests go into one of what appear to be four turntable rooms. Pictures previously released by Disney show six passengers boarding a ship that allows them to pilot the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. Trowbridge, the Disney Imagineer, has previously said If a visitor does a good job flying the ship, that person will receive some kind of galactic credit. If a guest leaves the ship banged up, a bounty might be placed on the visitor’s head.

Maybe I'll think differently once I can actually walk around the two areas, but I feel like Disneyland has the better layout. It's also nice that we have three different entrances/exits as apposed to two.

Not true at all.

This land - Batuu - is a place where the Star Wars Universe converges.

Actually, It is true. It's a land that's in First Order occupation. Not Imperial occupation, not Separatist occupation. First Order, led by Kylo Ren who is fighting the Resistance. This land is all Disney Star Wars.

Actually, It is true. It's a land that's in First Order occupation. Not Imperial occupation, not Separatist occupation. First Order, led by Kylo Ren who is fighting the Resistance. This land is all Disney Star Wars.
And Escape from Gringotts is based off Deathly Hallows Part 2, but the rest of Diagon isn't based on that book/film in particular. Galaxy's Edge will basically be the same way.

And Escape from Gringotts is based off Deathly Hallows Part 2, but the rest of Diagon isn't based on that book/film in particular. Galaxy's Edge will basically be the same way.
I was asking more about the attractions, not the land...HP is kind of a mish mash of different time periods...Luckily the crew visits the same scenes several times throughout the series...It would be cool if SWL included some elements from the past films, but I get it