Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway Coming to UOR

Jan 28, 2017
Last year WDW. This year UOR. Ant and Dec’s Saturday night takeaway.

Last year it was chaos by MK Main Street station. This year guess will be much better on UOR Music Plaza stage. Winners stay in Sapphire Falls.

Great image of VB volcano, then mistakenly whilst referring to VB the only water ride they showed I think was actually little lazy river in CBBR!

Please does anyone know when they were at UOR to film the ad under the USF arch (had the current Mardi Gras circle sign on it). Thx

I would love to know who pays who ie Virgin holidays pay and the resorts / TV show receive?

Or if last year it was WDW vs UOR, is it the resort that is willing to give the best prize at no cost ie hotel / tickets etc?

ie everybody wins and everyone has costs including the TV show, but who wins the most and thus pays

Last edited:
I would love to know who pays who ie Virgin holidays pay and the resorts / TV show receive?

Or if last year it was WDW vs UOR, is it the resort that is willing to give the best prize at no cost ie hotel / tickets etc?

I think Virgin are paying no doubt about it but they'll be getting a heavily reduced rate. This is all over Facebook and probably costs them less to do than an advertising campaign on this scale.

They'll also get the fallout from a lot of people getting pumped for the possibility of winning and end up becoming too invested in the idea and eventually book a holiday, probably through Virgin and their ridiculous pricing because they have the best advertising.

Edit: The trip I was looking at has just dropped £400 since last night. I was expecting it to skyrocket.

I might actually book up just now.

I think Virgin are paying no doubt about it but they'll be getting a heavily reduced rate. This is all over Facebook and probably costs them less to do than an advertising campaign on this scale.

They'll also get the fallout from a lot of people getting pumped for the possibility of winning and end up becoming too invested in the idea and eventually book a holiday, probably through Virgin and their ridiculous pricing because they have the best advertising.

Edit: The trip I was looking at has just dropped £400 since last night. I was expecting it to skyrocket.

I might actually book up just now.

re Price drop. Wow. I wonder if Virgin generously lowered price so 000’s of fans that look this evening can afford to “join” Ant and Dec ... or cynically temporarily cut price so 000’s first time website hitters think actually it’s surprisingly affordable, then to your earlier point “... end up becoming too invested in the idea and eventually book a holiday ...” even though price subsequently increased?

Is VH price actually less than VA plus Loews own website?

re Price drop. Wow. I wonder if Virgin generously lowered price so 000’s of fans that look this evening can afford to “join” Ant and Dec ... or cynically temporarily cut price so 000’s first time website hitters think actually it’s surprisingly affordable, then to your earlier point “... end up becoming too invested in the idea and eventually book a holiday ...” even though price subsequently increased?

Is VH price actually less than VA plus Loews own website?

I’ve been keeping a close eye on it since Christmas. The prices shortly after Christmas were about £2700 for flights and staying at CBBR for 15 nights. After the sale ended its slowly risen to £2950. If I book now, it will be £2500 with my Flying Club discount.

The same flights were £950 last night on the Virgin Atlantic website and are now £650.

I’m at a crossroads here as I’m still kind of set on staying at Disney for a week which would be easy enough if I booked flights only but if I wait until April I get a 30% boost on my AMEX points when switching to Flying Club which would result in a £400 discount, plus Disney Dining is confirmed to be coming back in April too. On the other hand, I could book through Virgin Holidays and pay a deposit and then convert my air miles to VH vouchers.

I’m hoping that Virgin keep these deals until April.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on it since Christmas. The prices shortly after Christmas were about £2700 for flights and staying at CBBR for 15 nights. After the sale ended its slowly risen to £2950. If I book now, it will be £2500 with my Flying Club discount.

The same flights were £950 last night on the Virgin Atlantic website and are now £650.

I’m at a crossroads here as I’m still kind of set on staying at Disney for a week which would be easy enough if I booked flights only but if I wait until April I get a 30% boost on my AMEX points when switching to Flying Club which would result in a £400 discount, plus Disney Dining is confirmed to be coming back in April too. On the other hand, I could book through Virgin Holidays and pay a deposit and then convert my air miles to VH vouchers.

@scott_walker
Good luck whatever you decide re your various scenarios

ps the week Ant Dec are ‘there’ is Easter schools hols in our part of England. Don’t kno when US Spring Break is.

Last edited:
@scott_walker
Good luck whatever you decide. Likely you know VA on the phone salesperson occasionally (in my experience three times) might hold a flight ‘price’ for you for 24hours or slight longer, whilst you “check the dates with work”. Think they open til 10pm? May give you crucial hours to make the right decision re your various scenarios

ps the week Ant Dec are ‘there’ is Easter schools hols in our part of England. Don’t kno when US Spring Break is.

I’m looking at booking for September. My plan as of yesterday was flights with BA which were about £450 with a stop in Philly and Gatwick on the way back for 16 nights. With the saving on flights I had planned to stay at Royal Pacific for 8 days to get the Express Pass and take full advantage of my week at Universal and then either stay at Caribbean Beach or Pop Century with the recent renovation and Disney dining.

My concern with staying at Disney is that a lot of the stuff I want to do outside the parks is far closer to UOR and the thought of driving up the I4 is a pain plus I need to book the park tickets to qualify for Disney Dining and I can only visit Disney once I check in to the hotel. On the flip side, I save a ton on food, I can drink in the parks without paying a fortune on Uber’s and free parking saving $20 a day every time I go to Disney and $20 staying at Royal Pacific. The 180 days I can book a restaurant is also a nice bonus.

Whatever you would pay with VH mate you’ll get cheaper elsewhere. I usually book with charter travel, you still fly with VA and pick whatever hotel you want. For example last year I booked flights with VA and stayed at the Rosen Pointe for 14 nights for under £700 pp then added on a week at CBR with tickets and the dining plan for another £800 pp approx.
The flights and hotel were nearly £1000 pp with VH and the Disney portion would have been £1150 pp direct from Disney.
Same flight same room just a lower price lol

Edit btw mate you can visit Disney BEFORE you check in. If you visit guest relations in Disney springs they will issue you tickets and activate them for you. We used ours a week before we checked in as the people with us on i-drive wanted a Disney day

Whatever you would pay with VH mate you’ll get cheaper elsewhere. I usually book with charter travel, you still fly with VA and pick whatever hotel you want. For example last year I booked flights with VA and stayed at the Rosen Pointe for 14 nights for under £700 pp then added on a week at CBR with tickets and the dining plan for another £800 pp approx.
The flights and hotel were nearly £1000 pp with VH and the Disney portion would have been £1150 pp direct from Disney.
Same flight same room just a lower price lol

Edit btw mate you can visit Disney BEFORE you check in. If you visit guest relations in Disney springs they will issue you tickets and activate them for you. We used ours a week before we checked in as the people with us on i-drive wanted a Disney day

Not necessarily. The air miles discount is what can make it cheaper plus if you’re staying at CBBR, you get free parking with VH. If I renew my AMEX with another gold card, I’d be looking at about £600 off their list price.

No where would be able to beat that price and even booking the flights separate, you’re only paying £700 for 15 night at CBBR with free parking.

Weirdly, the cheapest place to book a Disney hotel is directly through them. It’s coming in about half price for September plus you get a $100 Disney credit too.

Charter are definitely cheaper than Disney direct mate, and it’s classed as booking direct still so you get the luggage tags pack etc. As I was pricing last years trip with charter I was doing exactly the same with Disney and charter was cheaper on every option. They’re a preferred Disney partner (or something like that lol) and so they simply take the quoted Disney price and discount it down before booking you through Disney’s own system. My booking was live on MDE less than a day after I booked through charter and I get my virgin locator the same day I book usually.

Edit plus we got the $200 Disney gift card etc

Charter are definitely cheaper than Disney direct mate, and it’s classed as booking direct still so you get the luggage tags pack etc. As I was pricing last years trip with charter I was doing exactly the same with Disney and charter was cheaper on every option. They’re a preferred Disney partner (or something like that lol) and so they simply take the quoted Disney price and discount it down before booking you through Disney’s own system. My booking was live on MDE less than a day after I booked through charter and I get my virgin locator the same day I book usually.

Edit plus we got the $200 Disney gift card etc

I'll need to give it a look. Once I get the flights booked, I can relax a bit.

Finally just watched Saturday Night Takeaway and I would bet good money that the final Ant v Dec challenge will involve FFL.