Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Power Up Cafe

Feb 17, 2014
Is the New York facade going away, the taxi is gone and all the stores are closed, the couple upstairs who talk to guests still show up. With Dreamworks theater opening soon, this part of the plaza walk will be an eyesore not matching with the old Hollywood look. If so what could they put there? Also, gate 57 next to it where the cast members enter is pretty jarring as well, hopefully that gets changed too.

Last edited:
Is the New York facade going away, the taxi is gone and all the stores are closed, the couple upstairs who talk to guests still show up. With Dreamworks theater opening soon, this part of the plaza walk will be an eyesore not matching with the old Hollywood look. If so what could they put there? Also the gate 57 next to it where the cast members is petty jarring as well, hopefully that gets changed Too
no.

Is the New York facade going away, the taxi is gone and all the stores are closed, the couple upstairs who talk to guests still show up. With Dreamworks theater opening soon, this part of the plaza walk will be an eyesore not matching with the old Hollywood look. If so what could they put there? Also the gate 57 next to it where the cast members is petty jarring as well, hopefully that gets changed Too

It's in the cards eventually, but it's not happening for right now.

Then why close all the little stores and remove the taxi?

Sweet Liberty, to the best of my understanding, has become closed off for Employees, almost as a break area (but I could be wrong).

As for the Taxi, I guess they needed it elsewhere or that it was just taking space that would've been better filled for capacity.

Doesn't look like this is high priority at the moment. I am also hearing that the previous shops will not be returning as the inside of the building has an all new layout for KFP. To me, this is a simple overlay of the façade. Hopefully, this is still in the works for a future date...it is now an eyesore for the main gate area.

Doesn't look like this is high priority at the moment. I am also hearing that the previous shops will not be returning as the inside of the building has an all new layout for KFP. To me, this is a simple overlay of the façade. Hopefully, this is still in the works for a future date...it is now an eyesore for the main gate area.

I think it'll be in the cards, sooner than later, but I don't see it happening immediately as DWT opens up.