Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i'm excited for this, i'll be surprised if this is the best thing to open next year. This project is certainly exciting, but if it ends up better than SWGE, Disney did something wrong.

Or SWGE isn't actually opening in Orlando next year....

If Disney pushes Star Wars in Orlando to 2020...
anigif_enhanced-13920-1423747928-7.gif

Reactions: tankart150
Here it is again for easy reference. The very end turn is a little off, but it’s probably fairly accurate otherwise.

View attachment 6625

Looking at this again, a lot more things now make sense.

I had assumed that the construction of this would go; landscaping, footers, track, buildings, theming and then landscaping again to finish which would show us the layout of the track before covering it with the show buildings but I think Universal are going to be very secretive here.

Next year will certainly be exciting as we’re also getting the Mickey ride.

I can't tell if you're kidding but I think this is going to be a huge hit.

I always figured 2019 was for California only. I figured a late 2019 out west, and a summer 2020 opening in Orlando.

I always figured 2019 was for California only. I figured a late 2019 out west, and a summer 2020 opening in Orlando.
It's summer 2019 in Anaheim and Late 2019 in Orlando. At least those are the target dates.

Bob Chapek actually went out of his way to say that SWGE would be open in Anaheim BEFORE the next D23 Expo. The next one is August 23-25, 2019.

EITHER WAY... we are off topic. Back to the Potter Coaster.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
As much as i'm excited for this, i'll be surprised if this is the best thing to open next year. This project is certainly exciting, but if it ends up better than SWGE, Disney did something wrong.

I think the Potter coaster will be the best RIDE opening next year, but obviously SWGE will be the best overall addition.

Reactions: Ryno27
12CF53F9-3CDF-4BFF-BF3D-3E27FFDE82C6.jpeg
(Red is for tight turns) (blue is element of topic)
I just wanted to take some time to kinda elaborate on the concept and design of this ride. The layout seems a little weird IMO. It starts off fine and then does a very tight turn into the first launch. One of the first things I find odd is the section of track that is long and is built right on the edge of the plot. It is just kinda straight, can’t have much height since it’s the closest section to Hogsmeade and most vulnerable to visabilty. Then it’s makes a very tight turn into the second launch. After the second launch, the number eight looking element has some tight turns and therefore can’t have much speed going through it. I get this is not exact and that the coaster will not be going extremely fast, but IMPO i just fine it a little odd. Any suggestions, opinions, or agreements.?

View attachment 6629
(Red is for tight turns) (blue is element of topic)
I just wanted to take some time to kinda elaborate on the concept and design of this ride. The layout seems a little weird IMO. It starts off fine and then does a very tight turn into the first launch. One of the first things I find odd is the section of track that is long and is built right on the edge of the plot. It is just kinda straight, can’t have much height since it’s the closest section to Hogsmeade and most vulnerable to visabilty. Then it’s makes a very tight turn into the second launch. After the second launch, the number eight looking element has some tight turns and therefore can’t have much speed going through it. I get this is not exact and that the coaster will not be going extremely fast, but IMPO i just fine it a little odd. Any suggestions, opinions, or agreements.?
The end of the blue will be the first inside segment. The train will slow to a stop as it enters. It will be parked around the curve. Then it will zoom out and into the straight-away launch, which gives it its speed for the next fun swirling coastery bits.

That near figure-eight will be heavily banked. Still fast, just very very banked. A couple other sections near the end of the ride will be heavily banked as well. So the tight turns make more sense.

Also, there will be slow-down brakes after that last tight turn you have marked in red, for an outside element worth looking at, before we head over the track switch on our way up the spike.

EDIT: Also, your first tight turn marked in red, right after start, will be at show-scene slow speed, guided by tires on the track likely, so we can see things around us; not a fast turn.

A year, to a year and a half, ago or so when we were discussing the upcoming Potter coaster, Disneyhead once said he had heard it was going to be B&M, then all the sudden things seemed to have changed quickly. So I am wondering, could it be that indeed the Potter project was first a B&M and that instead they opted to have the B&M project for JP? And who knows, maybe the Potter coaster was originally thought of as a JP project, and so they switched two projects around?
I could be wrong, but I don't believe I ever thought it would be a B&M. I was leaning strongly towards a Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster though.

The end of the blue will be the first inside segment. The train will slow to a stop as it enters. It will be parked around the curve. Then it will zoom out and into the straight-away launch, which gives it its speed for the next fun swirling coastery bits.

That near figure-eight will be heavily banked. Still fast, just very very banked. A couple other sections near the end of the ride will be heavily banked as well. So the tight turns make more sense.

Also, there will be slow-down brakes after that last tight turn you have marked in red, for an outside element worth looking at, before we head over the track switch on our way up the spike.

EDIT: Also, your first tight turn marked in red, right after start, will be at show-scene slow speed, guided by tires on the track likely, so we can see things around us; not a fast turn.

Does the backward section take place inside a show building?

Based on the diagram it looks like 3 launches?

Reactions: tankart150

I thought more that it's two launches, when you consider one being the forward launch, and then after the backwards portion, due to that the backwards portion begins, similar to how Grizzly goes up a steep hill before the track goes backwards.

Only going up the spike and then falling back down will be enclosed as far as I know. The track switch part is outside.

There will be 6 launches total for the entire ride. Of them, 1 will launch us up the spike, then after falling down another will launch us into the spiral up into the last building... After the drop-track, another will launch us out of that building. So that's half the ride's launches right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.