Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So at some point down the road we need someone to compile a master list of all the bonus tracks that have been found by #. That would be very nice, time consuming, but nice.

Don't be surprised if the Single Rider queue gets axed. I've known people who have waited longer in that line then the regular queue.

Just read that Universal is declaring Rockit officially open. That was unexpected.

It is absolutely NOT officially open, and won't be for a while.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Don't be surprised if the Single Rider queue gets axed. I've known people who have waited longer in that line then the regular queue.

Yeah, like 1:45 versus 1:10. Not cool.

Universals web site and Rockits website both list it as open.

Edit. Just recieved a facebook comment from Universal saying it is open as well. I totally understand it is still under soft openings.

Universal Orlando Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Universal Orlando Resort’s highly anticipated roller coaster, is NOW OPEN. This radically innovative attraction includes first-ever maneuvers, cutting-edge technology, songs that span across five genres of music and a personalized take-home music video available for purchase.

Last edited:
Universal's billboards, guest services, website and latest Youtube video from UniversalPR all are declaring it Now Open and through with Technical Rehearsals.

The attraction is in Technical Rehearsals - PERIOD. It is not "officially open" and WILL NOT be until it is running at full capacity, with the magic carpet station and everything intact.

I can't believe people on here are surprised that marketing is giving conflicting information when we JUST had a discussion here the other day about how Syd Vinyl came about as a result of Marketing not being in touch with what's really going on inside the theme park.

Rockit is soft opening. It is running at greatly reduced capacity and can close at any time.

Are they going to have some sort of grand opening ceremony or hupla or anything still lol???

So maybe you can compare it to like a best buy or something that sorta kinda is open before its offically grand opened and how they hang the banners out side saying now open but its more of a dress rehearsal opeining.

Last edited:
This is from someone at the parks right now which makes me believe it might still be in technicals:
I am in line now with a 120 wait. Just came over the pa they are having technical problems there is a ride op saying they will be down for thirty minutes.

Last edited:
Are they going to have some sort of grand opening ceremony or hupla or anything still lol???

Yes, there will be a media day prior to the grand opening. None of that is even remotely scheduled right now, because it will be in technical rehearsals for a while.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I think its still in technicals it just is wierd how Universal is saying Now Open everywhere you look.

When has a park ever posted "Open for Technical Rehearsals" on their website? It's either open or it's closed in terms of a website or a billboard, so in that sense, it's open, but only in that sense.

This is from someone at the parks right now which makes me strongly believe it's still in technicals:

Wondering why a 30 minute downtime is your clue that it's still in Technical Rehearsal and not the A-frame signs all over the place clearly stating it? :shrug: