Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Condition of the Yeti AA

1) not sure DAK is “more popular than ever” but that’s a discussion for another time

2) the amount of money and time required to fix it probably is a major factor. Additionally there is a lot of politics between ops, maintenance, engineering, and WDI when it comes to the Yeti. Each one is blaming the other.

I think it's pretty clear it's drawn people from the smoking craters of DHS and EPCOT. I've never seen it like I did the other week.

I think it’s too early to tell how much longevity Avatar has. It’s busy now but next year, I think it will fade. Disney will be praying that the sequels are a hit. If Disney don’t fix the yeti before the sequels land, I don’t think we’ll ever see it happen.

I could see them adding projections or something to the dark portions.

And I think Disney will make a giant marketing effort to label it as a new ride.

I get the hope, that they'd treat it more to how they treated the renovations of Matterhorn. It wouldn't be marketed as a new attraction, but they would promote the new changes and additions, along with a "new face, to what lurks within the mountain", being the Yeti in a new form.

:eek:O: So... will we get a yeti with a projection mapped face?
Or will they use the new tech from NRJ to give him a better shot at success?

I get the hope, that they'd treat it more to how they treated the renovations of Matterhorn. It wouldn't be marketed as a new attraction, but they would promote the new changes and additions, along with a "new face, to what lurks within the mountain", being the Yeti in a new form.

Anything to pull crowds away from DHS. This would be a smart move; although I could see the argument for unnecessary.

But I'll be thrilled if they do.

Yeah I'm sure park ops and execs are just nodding at Joe Rhode as he's explaining how he wants to fix the Yeti

Also, hot take, but I really think AK had a lot more issues than a broken AA