Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific to Close

You're not replacing the ambiance of toup chop with a character breakfast place, then changing it to an upscale dining experience. Having been there.

Maybe wait to see what the restaurant is during non-Character-Breakfast-time before we make sure it's a fail?

It probably won't be Tchoup Chop status, it's sounding like some generic hotel restaurant. Despicable Me character breakfast? I know that wouldn't have happened at Tchoup Chop. They already have a character breakfast at The Island's dining.

You're not replacing the ambiance of toup chop with a character breakfast place, then changing it to an upscale dining experience.
It probably won't be Tchoup Chop status, it's sounding like some generic hotel restaurant. Despicable Me character breakfast? I know that wouldn't have happened at Tchoup Chop. They already have a character breakfast at The Island's dining.

I mean, Tchoup Chop was barely "upscale" at the end of its life as is. Let's pump the brakes before driving the car off the cliff, huh?

I mean, Tchoup Chop was barely "upscale" at the end of its life as is. Let's pump the brakes before driving the car off the cliff, huh?

My brakes are pumped, I'm just saying it's sounding like a fail in my eyes. I didn't claim Tchoup Chop was "upscale", I actually enjoyed that restaurant a lot. I still love RPR and will stay there, but this is taking a step back in the dining department.

Upscale enough. The convention people packed it. Not really sure the knowledge of posters is accurate to the actual experience.

I actually enjoyed that restaurant a lot.

As did I. It was a decent place.

I still love RPR and will stay there, but this is taking a step back in the dining department.

Again, I just don't see how you can be definite on it being a step back without knowing anything about the place other than its name and "The breakfast will be a character breakfast".

Have you been to a character breakfast? I absolutely guarantee that Bice or the Palm will not be hosting one. I know the Palm is stand alone. But jeebus, how about another nice place at RP? I stay there.

1) Tchoup Chop was upscale for a theme park resort hotel. Not sure how you could say otherwise. Considering their wine selection and price point- it was absolutely and unequivocally a signature restaurant. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

2) Your defensive nature of all things Universal offers is showing again @JungleSkip

I wonder if Islands goes down now?

1) Tchoup Chop was upscale for a theme park resort hotel. Not sure how you could say otherwise. Considering their wine selection and price point- it was absolutely and unequivocally a signature restaurant. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

2) Your defensive nature of all things Universal offers is showing again @JungleSkip
1) Signiture theme park restaurant does not make one upscale. It makes you more expensive and slightly more adventurous than normal theme park restaurants, as well as maybe as good as a lower mid tier restaurant any in any American city at a higher price point.

2) Piss off. If the restaurant opens and is bad/generic I’ll agree it’s a step down.

Kimbie cream needed.
1) Signiture theme park restaurant does not make one upscale. It makes you more expensive and slightly more adventurous than normal theme park restaurants, as well as maybe as good as a lower mid tier restaurant any in any American city at a higher price point.

2) Piss off. If the restaurant opens and is bad/generic I’ll agree it’s a step down.
I think it is temp

What is up with this thread? Since when does a character breakfast have anything to do with they'll serve for Lunch and Dinner? See: 'Ohana, Trattoria Al Forno, etc.

Could be that Islands is getting a signature.. Except that the kitchen is shared with Jake's and room service and Wantilan.

I'm assuming that most of the interior work is complete unless they're still building while having breakfasts which seems a little counter productive.