Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Luckily parked at the far end of the parking lot over the weekend for Food & Wine got some lovely ground-level shots of the massive Guardians building and the new track supports. More photos in this article.

P1150783.jpg

P1150785.jpg

P1150787.jpg

P1150796.jpg

P1150799.jpg

P1150801.jpg

One more complete look at it from parking lot:
P1150795.jpg

View from inside the park, near France/Morocco across the lagoon:
P1150912.jpg

Views of the old UoE building:

P1150812.jpg

P1150831.jpg

P1150815.jpg

P1150822.jpg

Other fun intrusions:

P1150828.jpg

P1150827.jpg

P1150841.jpg

P1150860.jpg

This one almost hurts me to look at it! I don't see any truly good option for Disney, here -- themed or unthemed, it's not going to look great.

You took the words out of my mouth. I'm not a big Disney fan anyways, but this is like a big middle finger of I dont care to me. *sigh*

I don't normally get as crazy about show buildings looking at of place as others (for example, I think the Soarin' building is fine as it's only really seen from one area).

This thing however... all I can say is it better be one damn good ride.

Nothing inside that show building would justify being such an eyesore. There is no hiding it. Let's wait and see what magic they come up with to "blend" it in.

It looks way worse in person, btw, I started to laugh when I saw it.

Reactions: belloq87
Nothing inside that show building would justify being such an eyesore. There is no hiding it. Let's wait and see what magic they come up with to "blend" it in.

It looks way worse in person, btw, I started to laugh when I saw it.
It's cartoonish in size.

Well since it's an extension of the energy building, maybe they can theme it as a nuclear power plant, maybe a dam, or cover it in solar panels and we could have a giant black box! Yeah, that'll look nice....

Well since it's an extension of the energy building, maybe they can theme it as a nuclear power plant, maybe a dam, or cover it in solar panels and we could have a giant black box! Yeah, that'll look nice....
Speaking of solar panels, does anyone know if the ones that are on top of the UoE show building still work?

Reactions: hishedale
They probably don't. I doubt they kept them ship shape, as you get a very small amount of power from those type of panels. They probably deactivated when the ride closed too.
Yeah, I mean, they're 1980's panels... the amount of energy that would be pulled by those is peanuts compared to what solar panels can do today.

Reactions: Scott W.
They should just go all in on the garishness of the thing - paint it fushia and magenta and blue, slap glass tubes on it and brass panels, install a giant Sorcerer Mickey hat and wand. Make it so ugly you're forced to look away.

EDIT - But, in reality, they should make it look like a hotel.

I know. I think it was a common myth that solar panels were installed to showcase the the technology, and "helped power the ride".
The original ride show (pre-Ellen) explicitly said they “helped” to power the ride, and actually showed the panels on the roof in the main show.