Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also don't know why Disney is apparently so wedded to the notion that filming for the ride MUST take place during the shooting of VOL. 3. Chris Pratt's a guy who will play ball if you ask him; have him show up in a green/blue-screen soundstage in costume for an afternoon, and that's really all you need. Rocket and Groot can be achieved via sound-alikes if need be, too.
That may be what ends up happening now with the film delayed.

It was only going to be filmed alongside GOTG3 bc it was convenient for Disney.

Reactions: therock
That may be what ends up happening now with the film delayed.

It was only going to be filmed alongside GOTG3 bc it was convenient for Disney.

I mean, cost.

FJ was filmed during the Potter movies filming. Gringotts/HE was filmed special. Special filming would add a bit to the cost of an already expensive attraction since they ALSO have to pay people to do post production and editing.

I mean, cost.

FJ was filmed during the Potter movies filming. Gringotts/HE was filmed special. Special filming would add a bit to the cost of an already expensive attraction since they ALSO have to pay people to do post production and editing.
Well yeah, it would add more cost to an already costly ride. But if Disney wants it open in 2021, they have no choice.

Obviously they can always change date and make it an Epcot 40th project, though.

I think the cast can moan all they want but if they’re under contract and don’t fulfil it, they’ll be sued and it could be career suicide.

The danger obviously being that the rest of the MCU cast join arms with them and share their same fate resulting in the untimely death of the MCU.

I think the cast can moan all they want but if they’re under contract and don’t fulfil it, they’ll be sued and it could be career suicide.

The danger obviously being that the rest of the MCU cast join arms with them and share their same fate resulting in the untimely death of the MCU.
Well, typically actors can buy out their contracts. Also, that isn't really career suicide, considering how they're all hot commodities individually.

Seriously... all the Guardians have enough independent clout. Does anybody really think Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel will have ANY issues getting work? And you don’t think they’ll pull Dave Bautista into project they can if he has issues?

They’re the ones with the leverage here.

Seriously... all the Guardians have enough independent clout. Does anybody really think Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel will have ANY issues getting work? And you don’t think they’ll pull Dave Bautista into project they can if he has issues?

Bautista is in a better spot than Diesel at this point tbh :lol:

The issue is Disney thinks that sticking by their original decision is somehow the best course of action simply out of an inability to admit that they made a mistake.

I still think everyone will play ball with them using Gunn’s script now, but idk.

I do know that they will find a way to put together film for this ride, but that may just result in it ending up clunky.... Or they could use the Comic book image and actually save a lot of money while making the ride more timeless.

Could Disney have already filmed the ride segments?

The whole cast was around for the Infinity War screening and who knows what else. They don’t have to wait until the ride finishes construction to do filming (I assume). They could’ve done filming before ground broke.

Reactions: OrlLover
Could Disney have already filmed the ride segments?

The whole cast was around for the Infinity War screening and who knows what else. They don’t have to wait until the ride finishes construction to do filming (I assume). They could’ve done filming before ground broke.
Rumor was they were gonna do it during GOTG3 so I assume no.

As an aside, I think everyone is really getting carried away with a narrative that the current situation will hurt this ride. Let's not forget that this ride is mostly coaster-in-the-dark. There's very few areas that would need filming for. I believe the Launch and Pre-Show are the only areas that absolutely need it.

Last edited:
Let's say worst case scenario, GOTG had to get canned, what would they retheme it as? Do you think the D Imagineers are coming up with a plan B? :/

Let's say worst case scenario, GOTG had to get canned, what would they retheme it as? Do you think the D Imagineers are coming up with a plan B? :/
I would say there probably isn't a plan B. I think even if they can't get filming done for the ride, they may just cut that and maybe add AAs in a few sections of Rocket and Groot.

However, I imagine Doctor Strange could be substituted quite easily if needed.

Disney is a major media behemoth. They can set up a one day shoot with the cast anytime they want (It'll be all green screen anyway so no set to build). They were going to do it when shooting GotG3, but since that's not happening for a while, they will just schedule a one day shoot. No big deal. A million dollars, sure. But in the grand scheme of a $150M attraction, not deal breaker.

Last edited:
I would say there probably isn't a plan B. I think even if they can't get filming done for the ride, they may just cut that and maybe add AAs in a few sections of Rocket and Groot.

However, I imagine Doctor Strange could be substituted quite easily if needed.

For that matter, they could change this into a ride about energy. A very fast-paced Universe of Energy. However, I don't see them changing from GOTG. They have two successful movies as well their interaction in Infinity War to build on.

Disney is a major media behemoth. They can set up a one day shoot with the cast anytime they want (It'll be all green screen anyway so no set to build). They were going to do it when shooting GotG3, but since that's not happening for a while, they will just schedule a one day shoot. No big deal. A million dollars, sure. But in the grand scheme of a $150M attraction, not deal breaker.
Thought I read budget was $250 million (key Disney Insider) and they're reportedly on track to be well over that. So what's another million, no big deal.

You're way low with $150M

Thought I read budget was $250 million (key Disney Insider) and they're reportedly on track to be well over that. So what's another million, no big deal.

Only Disney can spend 250 million dollars on what is essentially a RNRC clone
From what @Marni1971 has said, both GotG and Tron will be over $300M, with GotG pushing $400M.