Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seriously frustrating how much Disney spends on a ride that really just mostly dark spaces. With $300 Mil you can make 3 Expedition Everests...
No way Disney could build Expedition Everest for "only" $100M today. WDI of today doesn't know how to properly balance a budget. Since all the new kids have come in and the old guard have retired, projects are starting to cost a lot more than they should.

I swear sometimes the only reasonable explanation for WDI's spending habits is someone is skimming off the top.
They lump things into the project costs. Like TSL involved building a new costuming building and the costs to move into it. Then demolition of the old one. At Universal, moving costuming would be a seperarte project budget, although demolition costs are part of the attraction project budgets.

They lump things into the project costs. Like TSL involved building a new costuming building and the costs to move into it. Then demolition of the old one. At Universal, moving costuming would be a seperarte project budget, although demolition costs are part of the attraction project budgets.
TSL also had the new fireworks launch pad lumped into it's budget and i'm not sure about parking expansion.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Brought this up before. A couple of years ago Mice Chat had a really good informative article about the outrageous costs that Imagineering charged their parks for work. A former Imagineer was interviewed for the article. One example was a basic generic sign that Disneyland needed for an area that they could have purchased from a local sign shop for $50 to $100 dollars. Imagineering charged them some crazy amount. If I remember correctly it was in the thousands of dollars

No way Disney could build Expedition Everest for "only" $100M today. WDI of today doesn't know how to properly balance a budget. Since all the new kids have come in and the old guard have retired, projects are starting to cost a lot more than they should.
I believe it all starts at the top. They need to hire some people that know how to properly manage a budget. Imagineering probably has all these grandiose ideas but because no one is telling them how to do their jobs properly which leads to insanely expensive projects.

Brought this up before. A couple of years ago Mice Chat had a really good informative article about the outrageous costs that Imagineering charged their parks for work. A former Imagineer was interviewed for the article. One example was a basic generic sign that Disneyland needed for an area that they could have purchased from a local sign shop for $50 to $100 dollars. Imagineering charged them some crazy amount. If I remember correctly it was in the thousands of dollars

When I spend crazy stupid money to go to Disneyland, I kinda want to see a crazy stupid expensive WDI sign instead of something from Kinkos.

No reasonable person thought they would I don't think with it being this late into the game.

To point out, these supports seem to be for the launch from UoE over to the gravity building:
org_dsc05572-1.jpg

Last edited:
When I spend crazy stupid money to go to Disneyland, I kinda want to see a crazy stupid expensive WDI sign instead of something from Kinkos.

THIS. Graphic Artists still need to paid a proper salary. Disney could always choose to go the cheap route, but why would they?

Reactions: awhen