Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tranquil Boat Ride - Shrek's Swamp
Water ride that gets you wet - Kung Fu Panda
Something similar to Tower of Terror - Dracula's Castle
A regular Fantasyland style dark ride - Yoshi, Sanrio, Luigi's Mansion
A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system - Mario Kart, Frankenstein's Castle, HtTYD
Family coaster similar to Big Thunder - DK (maybe), Dragon
Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy - Dracula, Wolf Man
A stellar show (nighttime or stage show) - SPONGEBOB! Or actually the Dragons arena show
A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ) - Ready Player One (sigh)

This all sounds incredible until we get to RPO. :lol:

If this park receives the following (no matter the IP/story), it's a win in my books:
Tranquil Boat Ride
Water ride that gets you wet
Something similar to Tower of Terror
A regular Fantasyland style dark ride
A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system
Family coaster similar to Big Thunder
Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy
A stellar show (nighttime or stage show)
A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ)

Give me all of those and everything else is extra.

Tranquil Boat Ride: Kung Fu Panda

Water ride that gets you wet: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Something similar to Tower of Terror: Ummm, Fantastic Beasts? Dracula?

A regular Fantasyland style dark ride: Yoshi

A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system: Mario Kart

Family coaster similar to Big Thunder: Jurassic World, Shrek

Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy: Jurassic World, Classic Monsters

A stellar show (nighttime or stage show): Jurassic World, firework show, projection show

A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ): Fantastic Beasts

If any ride is going to be “SCREEEEEENZZZZZZ!!!!!!” heavy I want it to be Godzilla. Do something amazing that puts us right in the middle of those huge epic battles. It would require some of the biggest screenz in the world but I think they could pull it off.

• Tranquil Boat Ride: Trolls, Hello Kitty
  • Water ride that gets you wet: Kung Fu Panda
  • Something similar to Tower of Terror: Classic Monsters
  • A regular Fantasyland style dark ride: Yoshi, Shrek
  • A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system: MarioKart, Jurassic World
  • Family coaster: Jurassic World, Donkey Kong Country
  • Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy: Dragons, Wolfman
  • A stellar show (nighttime or stage show): Nighttime spectacle show all around park, Indoor Dragons show
  • A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ): Fantastic Beasts, House with a Clock in It's Walls

Last edited:
The screenz ride: JW Gryosphere, HTTYD.

Tranquil boat ride: Shrek's Swamp

Wet Water Ride: KFP

Big Show: Mossasaurus Lagoon, HTTYD

Indoor Themed Coaster: RPO

Classic Dark Ride: Yoshi, Classic Mosters

Thrill Coaster: JW Flyer

Shooter: Luigi's Mansion

High Tech Dark Ride: Mario Kart, Fantastic Beasts.

Kiddie Coaster: KFP

Playground: Croods

Flats: KFP

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn

Classic Dark Ride: Yoshi, Classic Monsters

Is this a blue-sky? This better be a blue-sky.

Is this a thing? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Plus, I don't know how you make a "show" out of that.

Also, I would think HTTYD would get a coaster before KFP
I made up the Mossasaurus Lagoon thing. It'd be Waterworld with a giant Mossasaurus mechanical figure.

And when they were building Slinky Dog, someone said to me that it is similar to a Dragon Warrior coaster design they had seen. Describing it as Slinky with Chinese Dragon trains.

And no, my post wasn't based off blue sky, I mostly made it all up.

Mostly.

Well if everyone is doing a full list...

Tranquil Boat Ride - Shrek
Water ride that gets you wet - Kung Fu Panda
Something similar to Tower of Terror - Dracula's Castle
A regular Fantasyland style dark ride - Yoshi, Trolls
A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system - Mario Kart, Classic Monsters
Family coaster similar to Big Thunder - DK (maybe), HTTYD
Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy - Jurassic World, Something Monsters
A stellar show (nighttime or stage show) - HTTYD Creature Tech Show, Nighttime show
A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ) - JW Gyrosphere, Fantastic Beasts

• Tranquil Boat Ride: Phantom of the Opera, Creature of the Black Lagoon
  • Water ride that gets you wet: Madagascar, Croods
  • Something similar to Tower of Terror: Classic Monsters/House with a Clock in Its Wall/Frankenstein
  • A regular Fantasyland style dark ride: Shrek, Hello Kitty, SGE, Yoshi
  • A dark ride that surpasses Spiderman/Forbidden Journey in story and ride system: MarioKart, Kung Fu Panda
  • Family coaster: Donkey Kong Country, HTTYD, Fantastic Beasts
  • Thrill coaster similar to Everest OR Mummy: Jurassic World, Shrek, Monsters
  • A stellar show (nighttime or stage show): Nintendo Musical Spectacular (Featuring K.K Slider), Monster Mash
  • A GOOD screen ride (just because you always need SCREENZ): Jurassic World

You guys all mention things that already exist. I would like to see new ride vehicles and systems. Variations on current rides no one has tough about.
- a trackless water ride with caves, show scene's and different hills and drops.
- a choose your adventure dark ride where at each junction the guests in the vehicle decide where to go next.
- a stand-up hanging coaster with swinging vehicles.
- a ride that goes from a simulated plane crash/drop tower ride into a real roller coaster like car chase into a boat race.
- a flatride that integrates a video game on the area around it.
- a drop tower with robot arms on the side and a great story.
- a show where the whole theater is a screens (no projection) and can change in pre-defined shapes that adapts to the story in the show.
- a show that uses an underwater viewing area with indoor skydiving tubes inside.

You guys all mention things that already exist. I would like to see new ride vehicles and systems. Variations on current rides no one has tough about.
- a trackless water ride with caves, show scene's and different hills and drops.
- a choose your adventure dark ride where at each junction the guests in the vehicle decide where to go next.
- a ride that goes from a simulated plane crash/drop tower ride into a real roller coaster like car chase into a boat race.
- a show where the whole theater is a screens (no projection) and can change in pre-defined shapes that adapts to the story in the show.
- a show that uses an underwater viewing area with indoor skydiving tubes inside.

We are being realistic. Don't expect Universal to do stuff like this.

I need whatever you’re smoking.

I’m pretty sure there would be a couple of new ride systems. Also some of those IPs don’t exist at the current parks.

The style of launch, hard brakes, and a few other moves put it at thrill for me as well. It's perfect for families - but I wouldn't call it a family coaster, if that makes any sense
Agreed.. Not gonna go too far off but mummy can definitely be considered a thrill ride imo. Slinky is not thrilling and a family ride.

Reactions: Suprachica79

Classic Dark Ride: Yoshi, Classic Mosters

RPO?

Reactions: therock
Status
Not open for further replies.