Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

What's (most likely) gonna happen:
- ST S2
- Haunting of Hill House
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Strangers Terror Tram
- Happy Death Day 2 You

You're missing Monsters Return and I'd swap Strangers (?) with Purge (TV show/mash-up)... then throw in something marketable like Hellraiser (for Pinhead alone) and/or Chucky, and you've got a lineup.

Really, Stranger Things does most of the work for them. Get one or two other decent faces on the poster (Michael Myers/Poltergeist > Chucky/Hellraiser) and the rest of the lineup can be whatever.

I think I remember Murdy saying how he wanted to do an Iron Maiden or Misfits music maze and a few other bands. Which music mazes would you guys like to see? And I know I say it a lot but would a Metallica maze work?

I don't have much of an actual expected speculative line up, as I feel I would just be retreading things everyone else has said, but as far as my thoughts on a few blue sky properties go:

-Twin Peaks, I know Murdy has said in the past that he doesn't intend to do this as it's not strictly horror, but if we've learned anything from Stranger Things, horror-lite properties are fair game now so hopefully its on the back burner somewhere down the line.
-CryptTV, To be honest I've seen a lot of requests for this as a maze, but I think it might fit a bit better with Terror Tram or a Scare Zone depending on how they want to do it. So many disconnect stories would likely be confusing to the general public in a compact maze format, but maybe not so much in another form.
-The Thing, Unfortunately I never think we'll actually get to see this come, at least for a very long time, but that won't stop me from wishing we will someday, not to mention neither coast has done the 1982 classic, just the 2011 one on both coasts and a weird not quite sequel in orlando in 2007, it would take a massive budget to do it proper justice, but hey, you never know.
-Universal Monsters 2, This wouldn't surprise me much if it returned, but I think theres just enough chance for it not to for me to put it as a blue sky property. If this did return, I would really like if they fleshed out the Wolf Man and Dracula elements, as well as including Gillman in the mix. The main thing that makes me wonder is the fact that theres a good chance Parisian isn't going to be there next year, so I can't really think of where this would appropriately fit.
-Originals/Semi-Originals, I feel like the alleged scrapped Hispanic urban legend original that was supposed to show up this year could make an appearance, as well as that original that was mentioned involving living coral. As far as originals I'd like to see, anything involving industrial revolution era London, or harvest themes like Wendigos or things like that would be good in my book. And as far as semi-originals go I'll always want their take on any of HP Lovecraft's stories, though they'd likely have to go with Shadow Over Innsmouth just for space and budgetary reasons, but anything like that would be welcome.

If Universal Monsters Returns, lets hope its not a repeat of AVP the 2nd year. Still I would be stoked. Killer clowns from outer space could be a 3d maze. Mike Aielo was hinting it recently. Or it may be uv.

So it’s confirmed Murdy is staying yet another year?

As of now, there seems to be no intentions that he is leaving for the moment. And considering the odds..yeah, it makes sense.

If Universal Monsters Returns, lets hope its not a repeat of AVP the 2nd year. Still I would be stoked. Killer clowns from outer space could be a 3d maze. Mike Aielo was hinting it recently. Or it may be uv.

I don't buy Killer Klowns being a 3D maze, either for Hollywood or Orlando. I do think there could be a way it could be done, but I don't think 3D would sit well for KKfOS.

...if the Tram stays (which I hope to god not), I could buy them wanting to bring CryptTV in on a collaboration. Perhaps, they do something similar to Eli Roth's Terror Tram, and come up with something original.

As for Halloween, I don't see how Halloween 5 would even be a good idea. Hell, I'd rather take the Zombie Halloween (2) over Halloween 5.

Wish List: Ghostbusters-Would make such a great opening scare zone. Monsters roaming around/
zombie ghostbusters. Music playing, lights, and some cool props (cars,
pies of rubble etc.). There could also be an elaborate opening scaremony.
Gb Maze - Water World, follows scenes from the movie, you are the ghostbusters
each scene follows a different ghost, mainly first movie, a little second.

Do y'all think opening night will be September 13th, 2019? A great way to celebrate Friday the 13th with kicking off HHN! September 20th seems oddly late to start, but a probability.

With Stranger Things in our line-up, anything is a possibility, they may even just make it an all day event now haha

But I do think something needs to change with the "format" so to speak. Longer nights would be ideal, opening at 6 and closing at 3. Too many complaints of people not getting through all the mazes. Honestly, if you show up at opening (7), you SHOULD be able to do most of the mazes, even if you do take your time, eat dinner, do a ride or two, etc.. I mean, c'mon. Also, open the lower lot scarezone with early entry. It's stupid I have to wait around for an hour after finishing the mazes just to see a scarezone open.

I also think there needs to be more variety of passes. I liked that they had a 2 night, frequent, September, November, and all season pass. MORE options like that would be great. I'm glad they did anything at all, but the more we can do to push more options, the better.
The main complaints I saw on Facebook when asked about what people want to see next year, the number one thing was to be spread out between groups. Sadly, this is unrealistic with how many people are let in the park, but I guess that's the next point -- cap the night at a lower attendence OR open up Harry Potter and keep it the same.

We (still) need more scarezones. We (still) need more shows. We need more random dumb entertainment, like the Bones brothers. It's such a small thing, but it's really cool. And bring back REAL food on the backlot. As much as I loved those Tatchos, that's not a meal. What happened to tacos and such? It's such a big area of the event and it's a long walk just to get some Panda Express if you're genuinely hungry for a meal.

Last edited:
Frankly the only real reason I thought of CryptTV as a terror tram concept was because after the more recent episodes, i felt the Sunny Family Cult fit pretty well within the bates motel area, the rest is a little hard to say, except for maybe a mini maze with the Look See as the finale

Frankly the only real reason I thought of CryptTV as a terror tram concept was because after the more recent episodes, i felt the Sunny Family Cult fit pretty well within the bates motel area, the rest is a little hard to say, except for maybe a mini maze with the Look See as the finale
you can add the mordeo in the woods

As of now, there seems to be no intentions that he is leaving for the moment. And considering the odds..yeah, it makes sense.

I don't buy Killer Klowns being a 3D maze, either for Hollywood or Orlando. I do think there could be a way it could be done, but I don't think 3D would sit well for KKfOS.

...if the Tram stays (which I hope to god not), I could buy them wanting to bring CryptTV in on a collaboration. Perhaps, they do something similar to Eli Roth's Terror Tram, and come up with something original.

As for Halloween, I don't see how Halloween 5 would even be a good idea. Hell, I'd rather take the Zombie Halloween (2) over Halloween 5.
Terror Tram isn’t going anywhere unfortunately. If Murdy stays, Tram stays. I wouldn’t expect it to change much either.

I too would rather see the Zombie version than 5, and I hate the Zombie version.
Do y'all think opening night will be September 13th, 2019? A great way to celebrate Friday the 13th with kicking off HHN! September 20th seems oddly late to start, but a probability.
I’m calling September 5th why not start earlier? F13 would be insanely crowded for an opening night.
Crypt TV I wouldn’t mind for the Tram because who cares about that crap. But please not as a house. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

My scare zone wish the main entrance to kung fu panda is going to be a clown themed french street a universal monsters scare zone part 2 a chainsaw scare zone in spring field and lower lol I would love that in tunnel a zombie themed then a ip scare zone in metro sets houses wish list chucky ahs clut it universal monsters maze 2 the thing purge tv series Halloween 2018 Original Maze finally terror tram I hope it’s a ip themed but who cares then shows I want to see something else besides jabberwocky‘s but I would love to see dance crew form Orlando’s Halloween horror nights come over to Halloween horror nights Hollywood but we will see that’s my halloween horror nights Hollywood wish list