Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Universal will never get Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Like someone else said, WB owns it and more importantly, it was on a survey they sent to guests this year for potential properties they’d like to see next year at Horror Made Here.

Thats a shame after seeing what theyve done this year. Hopefully they improve a bit.

I wonder if we’ll get the Jurassic World queue back as a maze location if we lose Parisian Courtyard because of construction. Also if we really do end up losing PC and Monsters does come back next year, it’ll be really interesting to see how it changes to fit a new location.

I would imagine one of the primary reasons for no re-entry is to control alcohol levels. They don't want people to leave, get trashed at Citywalk, then return.

Admittedly, someone could come into the park already trashed, but if caught, they would be ejected with no re-entry.

@rageofthegods dude. you need to make your own haunt someday man, you have a future.

brb gonna send in my forum handle as a resume :dance:

In all seriousness, I bet there's a ton more work that goes into those treatments than just the rough outline I had, like needing to bear in mind where each element is in relation to the other (like, "guests see side table with graduation photo to their left just as they walk in, while further to the left there's a fireplace with two lights highlighting the giant wolf coming out of it"). It's a ton of work and I have to respect the man for being able to do all of that in something like 5 months.

Though hell, couldn't hurt to send in a writing sample. :grin:

EDIT: I will say this: if Toni Collette wins an Oscar or at least a nomination for Hereditary, then it instantly gets moved to HHN contender category.

I wonder if we’ll get the Jurassic World queue back as a maze location if we lose Parisian Courtyard because of construction. Also if we really do end up losing PC and Monsters does come back next year, it’ll be really interesting to see how it changes to fit a new location.
That venue isn’t coming back, probably for good. When JW opens, they’re going to want as much queue space as possible as there will be folks who will wait until HHN to go to USH to see it for the first time. That’s not even considering SNW construction that will REALLY hinder it.

Speaking of JW, if they want more people to buy day/night combo tickets, they should take a hint from DCA’s Mission Breakout and do a Halloween overlay for JW. They will have more projections in there which gives them the luxury of changing things up easier. They should have scenes of the workers getting ripped to shreds and have some heavy metal music blasting. That way people who want to see the normal version can come during the day and then stay for the HHN version.

I can see Monsters returning in Universal plaza. There’s still quite a bit of space for a JP-queue size house and a full queue around that area.

I would like to see "13 Ghost" or "House On Haunted Hill" or something from Dark Castle Entertainment. Only reason why is belong I like those movies and would love to see how they would do "13 Ghost" or I forgot they even did "Ghost Ship" & "The Reaping". Just my little 2 cents of what I would like to see.

Thirteen Ghosts is high up on my wishlist but it's unfortunate it'll never happen due to having to clean glass every night, plus the possibility of people ramming into when scared. Knotts did a room on it for Horrorwood Hotel in the early 00s and it was okay. Maybe Warner Bros can find a way to do it one year as a guided tour in order to control guest flow a bit better.

What's the chance we get that new Pet Semetary? Is that WB too?

I know it'd be extremely hard to pull off but VideoDrome would be cool to see, at least an original take on it.

Murdy tweeted that he’s reading another script. If I had to guess, I’d say it’s Happy Death Day 2U. I thought about the Syfy Killer Klowns sequel too but I doubt it’s far enough along to have at least a rough script.

Maybe Pet Semetary could also be a close contender?

Murdy tweeted that he’s reading another script. If I had to guess, I’d say it’s Happy Death Day 2U. I thought about the Syfy Killer Klowns sequel too but I doubt it’s far enough along to have at least a rough script.

I'm trying to get together a list in my head. So far, the big horror movies coming out next year (that could realistically come) are:

- HDD 2U
- Pet Sematary
- The Grudge
- WWZ 2 (dubious)
- Zombieland 2

May or may not be coming:
-The Prodigy (made by Orion Pictures, complete unknown quantity. Didn't look like an HHN maze, but including it regardless)
-Child's Play (remake or TV series)

Pretty sure it ain't coming, but this is a speculation thread, so whatever:
- The Lighthouse (A24, made by the Witch dude)
- Velvet Buzzsaw (made by Netflix, stars Gyllenhall and Collette)
- Sommer (horror movie by the Hereditary guy; these A24 movies probably have very little exposure outside of hardcore horror fans and the GP hated some of them, but maybe they're looking at it)
- Us (Probably not gonna come; Get Out didn't feel like a maze either. But including it for now because anything's possible at this point)

I'm trying to get together a list in my head. So far, the big horror movies coming out next year (that could realistically come) are:

- HDD 2U
- Pet Sematary
- The Grudge
- WWZ 2 (dubious)
- Zombieland 2

May or may not be coming:
-The Prodigy (made by Orion Pictures, complete unknown quantity. Didn't look like an HHN maze, but including it regardless)
-Child's Play (remake or TV series)

Pretty sure it ain't coming, but this is a speculation thread, so whatever:
- The Lighthouse (A24, made by the Witch dude)
- Velvet Buzzsaw (made by Netflix, stars Gyllenhall and Collette)
- Sommer (horror movie by the Hereditary guy; these A24 movies probably have very little exposure outside of hardcore horror fans and the GP hated some of them, but maybe they're looking at it)
- Us (Probably not gonna come; Get Out didn't feel like a maze either. But including it for now because anything's possible at this point)
I don't see the Grudge happening until 2020 at the earliest. Zombieland or Pet Semetary I can easily see those as the Tram.

Even though this will never happen, but imagine a Stephen king mashup house including
Pet Semetary(1989/2019), Carrie (1976/2013), and a third option maybe being Children of the Corn? (or Tim Curry's IT, but honestly I'm not to sure who owns the rights to that)​

Last edited:
Even though this will never happen, but imagine a Stephen king mashup house including
Pet Semetary(1989/2019), Carrie (1976/2013), and a third option maybe being Children of the Corn? (or Tim Curry's IT, but honestly I'm not to sure who owns the rights to that)​

Last time a Carrie movie was made was by Sony, so I'd assume they have the rights. Universals has done Evil Dead which was released by a Sony label, so it's not out of question, though I think last year John said it wasn't happening due to the need for pyrotechnics.

Children of the Corn is owned by the folks who now own The Weinsteins. Warner Brothers appears to own the original IT, as well as Salem's Lot, but not sure where the rights are currently. Wikipedia says they were the distributor.

Amazon is making a series out of The Stand, and I'd love to see Randall Flagg show up at the haunt.

Columbia distributed Needful Things, for what it's worth.

And Universal recently won a bidding war for a James Wan produced "Tommyknockers" story, which seems to be coming out 2019. My two bucks says that has a better chance to go to a Stephen King mashup than some of the other options.

EDIT: This article seems to say that Salem's Lot and Children of the Corn are on the radar, at least.

Last edited:

1. IT (196)
2. The Nun (91)
3. AHS (87)
4. Stranger Things (82)
5. Conjuring (78)
6. Halloween (71)
7. La Llorona (63)
8. Monsters (53)
9. Klowns (51)
10. Haunting (51)

Honorable Mentions:
- Scream (48)
- Hellraiser (47)

1. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (8)
2. IT (7)
3. Monsters (7)
4. Halloween (7)
5. Nun (6)
6. Stranger Things (6)
7. Hellraiser (6)
8. Haunting (5)
9. TCM (4)
10. NOES (4)

It's not that much for Facebook because 95% of the posts weren't requesting properties but complaining about the event.

Didn't Knott's do The Grudge eons ago? I believe it was their first IP house ever.
Yes, and it was one of the best mazes they've ever done. It was called The Grudge 2 but was mostly the first film and then a bunch of original stuff. There were scenes you had to walk through her hair or go through scenes with her giant eyes on the walls staring at you. It was pretty terrifying.