Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Midnight, the stars and you.

Have fun decoding this one:kumbaya:
I'll take a swing at it. Legacy "liked" it so it's apparently a legit hint.

The tuxedo skeletons they used for the Shining in the ballroom scene were repurposed for the NY's scene in the Holidayz of Hell gauntlet.

Holidayz in Hell maze?

Even if they wanted to do it again, they can't. It's a WB property. They're keeping their IPs close to their chest.

HHN 2019 is a very budget year with loads of cookie cutter mazes and no.
Welp, I'm going to save money not buying a FFP. Good thing I'm going to Orlando this year. Really sorry to hear that. I really thought the alcohol money would help with the quality. I guess not. :thumbsdown:

So I guess more black walls? More big-name properties getting poor treatment?

Welp, I'm going to save money not buying a FFP. Good thing I'm going to Orlando this year. Really sorry to hear that. I really thought the alcohol money would help with the quality. I guess not. :thumbsdown:

So I guess more black walls? More big-name properties getting poor treatment?

From what I've heard, sadly. I could and I hope I am wrong.

Well everyone, I would strongly encourage you to save your pretty pennies and just make the trip to Orlando even for one weekend. It's still early on in the year, so you have plenty of time to do it. That's what I'm doing. Save up for a good HHN. Just bite the bullet and cut your daily Starbucks trip and use that money towards a traveling fund.

Now we don't even officially know anything yet, and this could be nothing more than a rumor. After how they handled Trick r Treat, Blumhouse, Purge, and Halloween 4, I would not put it past them to put black walls everywhere. Kinda hard to take that with a grain of salt.

Actually I kinda don't believe this for a number of reasons with the main reason being that not all of the mazes have even been designed.

That means 2 of the 7 mazes so far are complete (Maze #1 and #4). Which means Maze #2, 3, and 5 have outlines which are incomplete.

That's also adding the fact that 2 other mazes don't even have outlines yet. So...
2 Treatments
3 Outlines
2 Mazes with nothing so far.

Plus there is this tweet which could be A. Just him stating that and he is trying to trick people on the forums. B. He thought this and then heard Via source about this (Which only 2 Mazes are complete judging by the fact Murdy did 2 maze pitches last week which presumably are completed Maze #1 and #4)

C. He is being sarcastic and it's gonna be a awful year (Which again we don't know because only 2 mazes have been fully designed).

So I'm not so sure I buy this.

Budget's are..things.

I don't have knowledge on things, but allow me to take a guess..

Remember in 2010, we had nearly every single house be nearly a repeat (outside of HoTC & Nightmare? I'd wager, they prioritized on the budgets for Kong and Transformers then.

..and look at what's been going on now, with Nintendo; Jurassic World; Pets; and various projects around the property taking away money that would be used for the event. Alongside how much they spent on Universal Monsters, and you can kind-of see where I'm going at.

...You would've thought Stranger Things would wake Hollywood (And UPR) up, to invest a bit more for budget control. But a part of me thinks it's not only that, but the cost of labor with the rise in most likely date's and hours for the actor groups.

I would not be hard pressed to see Hollywood facing a corner where they do have to cut back on the event this year, and mainly reuse what they got.

Happened in 2010, happened in 2015, and will likely happen this year.

Budget's are..things.

I don't have knowledge on things, but allow me to take a guess..

Remember in 2010, we had nearly every single house be nearly a repeat (outside of HoTC & Nightmare? I'd wager, they prioritized on the budgets for Kong and Transformers then.

..and look at what's been going on now, with Nintendo; Jurassic World; Pets; and various projects around the property taking away money that would be used for the event. Alongside how much they spent on Universal Monsters, and you can kind-of see where I'm going at.

...You would've thought Stranger Things would wake Hollywood (And UPR) up, to invest a bit more for budget control. But a part of me thinks it's not only that, but the cost of labor with the rise in most likely date's and hours for the actor groups.

I would not be hard pressed to see Hollywood facing a corner where they do have to cut back on the event this year, and mainly reuse what they got.

Happened in 2010, happened in 2015, and will likely happen this year.
If they really are that hard-pressed for budget, I don't see why they can't just cut a maze for HHN. They were able to do it in '15, they can do it now. I would gladly lose a maze if that meant little to no black walls. I just can't stand the thought of another 2017 or Trick 'r Treat again.

If there is any desire to try to make the event as big as Orlando (Or have the same number of houses that Orlando has), then that is a tragic mistake. They need to focus on quality.

If they really are that hard-pressed for budget, I don't see why they can't just cut a maze for HHN. They were able to do it in '15, they can do it now. I would gladly lose a maze if that meant little to no black walls. I just can't stand the thought of another 2017 or Trick 'r Treat again.

My guess, is that they really can't cut a maze at this point; because of how they seem to operate (which, I think is more..of a problematic way than anything).

If there is any desire to try to make the event as big as Orlando (Or have the same number of houses that Orlando has), then that is a tragic mistake. They need to focus on quality.

The solution is to bring a quality maze back. The problem is the revered maze (Monsters) is also the most expensive to operate with its 70 member cast (including Masquerade).

Hmmm, part of me is now sort of hoping we don’t see KKFOS or Hellraiser this year cuz I don’t want those IPs to get butchered. However, I personally don’t think this is 100% true since the design process is still in its early phases (it was around this time of year in 2018 where the lineup got “leaked”) but if this rumor is still going on when we’re closer to the event then that’s when I’ll worry. If it’s true then the least they can do is lower the maze count.

God please don't screw up this year. With such awesome rumored IP's such as Hill House, The Thing, Killer Klowns and Hellraiser, I would hate to see such an awesome lineup like that be ruined.

EDIT: Also, have we speculated on what Terror Tram might be?