Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Recommendations for HHN

Darko

VIP Member
Feb 20, 2019
I am so excited! Can't wait for my grandparents to experience HHN.

Also still trying to determine where to eat at CityWalk first. We thought about Breadbox, but any other suggestions?

If you like Mexican, Antojitos is my favorite restaurant on CityWalk.

Table-side Guacamole is a must. They make it fresh and fantastic.
We love Mexican, and my husband kept seeing that one and we thought about going during one trip. He loves his guacamole so maybe this year, we do Antojitos. Thanks for the suggestion. Table-side guacamole will be the selling point.

I like Antojitos! Vivo was just okay last time I went. The same goes for Cowfish. Also, every time we've gone to Cowfish before HHN early passholder entry, it always takes forever to get our food, and it was rarely busy on those days at the time we went. It's almost made us late to check in a few times. I think my favorites are Antojitos and NBC.
Edited to add that we've also liked the pizza place for a quick meal that we can split!

Last edited:

Also still trying to determine where to eat at CityWalk first. We thought about Breadbox, but any other suggestions?

We are planning to eat at Toothless one night. Never tried it, but they have some really fine looking milkshakes and desserts, if that's your thing.

Wow, thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Red Oven has been on my radar for quite awhile now as I adore pizza. I pretty much love almost any types of food.

I love the theming to Toothsome 'cause I have a serious love of SteamPunk. Haven't tried it though myself.

Seems like Antojitos gets a lot of love. For sure, near the top of my list right now.

I am curious how many have tried Breadbox? I love sandwiches and wonder how they are.
We've never eaten there. Have done Toothsome, Margaritaville and Voodoo and have had great experiences at all of them, but Antojitos is the one we make sure to hit more than once. Last trip was a record four times in eight days.

Also- We kind of love the doughnut/ice cream thing in the Simpsons area. It is huge and ridiculous and it is hard for two of us to finish it.

So how was the food at Toothsome's? Looks pretty tasty from what I have seen.

I heard the Pizza Fries and Waffle Ice Cream Sundae inside HHN is pretty good so you may want to save some room for those also. I skipped them last year but will make sure I try them this time!

So how was the food at Toothsome's? Looks pretty tasty from what I have seen.
Good burgers, decent steak and some fun chocolate infused options like the Black & Tan Onion Rings with a chocolate ranch dipping sauce that I liked quite a lot. Desserts are great and portions are huge. Shakes are well worth it. Kind of a fun atmosphere with characters and steam punk odds and ends. You can meet a robot guy. We'll likely go back for a meal this year.

Good burgers, decent steak and some fun chocolate infused options like the Black & Tan Onion Rings with a chocolate ranch dipping sauce that I liked quite a lot. Desserts are great and portions are huge. Shakes are well worth it. Kind of a fun atmosphere with characters and steam punk odds and ends. You can meet a robot guy. We'll likely go back for a meal this year.
Chocolate Ranch Dipping Sauce? That sounds intriguing. I do love burgers so nice to know they do good with those.

I saw some photos of the shakes, and man do those look amazing.

In a hurry: Bread Box, Hot Dog Hall of Fame

Got time to kill: Cowfish, or NBC Sports

Grab a shake from Toothsome if it's still open

Also, if you get to the parks and HHN is already going, you can head over to Finnegans....That's my favorite place in Studios

Antojitos opens at 4, which is another reason we love it. Plenty of time for an early dinner and we always make it to stay and scream. Just be sure to get there right at opening if you go that route.

Also, if you tell them in advance you plan to go over to stay and scream, they are very quick and accommodating.

Antijitos is sounding perfect if we get there early enough. Otherwise I know Finnegan's is excellent. I don't know what all is open during HHN in park though. We usually make good time but these suggestions are excellent. Giving me plenty of options depending on time and place.