Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Disney fans need to check their expectations. The ride sounds like everything they despise in a Universal attraction except the thrill element is reduced. Also heard only one AA in the ride, rest is moving from screen to screen.

FoP is essentially too. I've said plenty of times, if it was Flight of the Wizard, DizNoids would poo poo all over it.

What makes Pooh and mystic Manor so highly praised are the TONS of things happening around you. RotR is gong to be a lot of screens, some non moving At-ATs, a grand finale that may or may not have failed catastrophically in tests. Then maybe 5 AAs, probably one with a face.

I guess there are tons more, since it lasts like 7 minutes :afraid:

I recall the rumors of multitudes of AA's in Pandora fairly soon before it opened. Then they all , but one, just kind of disappeared, like the Pandorans. ....When it comes to number of AA's , I keep my expectations low. Great if it turns out to be a lot, but no big deal if it doesn't. Disney doesn't seem to be as AA dependent as they were in the past. Parks can build pretty damn good rides nowadays, that aren't AA dominant. I just want a really good RotR attraction.

I recall the rumors of multitudes of AA's in Pandora fairly soon before it opened. Then they all , but one, just kind of disappeared, like the Pandorans. ....When it comes to number of AA's , I keep my expectations low. Great if it turns out to be a lot, but no big deal if it doesn't. Disney doesn't seem to be as AA dependent as they were in the past. Parks can build pretty damn good rides nowadays, that aren't AA dominant. I just want a really good RotR attraction.

But there is one floating in the queue, and it's AMAZAZING! It slowly moves up and down, and jerks some. Truly next level.

Remember when there were panels that would move in Smuggler's Run so more of the screen would be seen?
Remember when there were literally HUNDREDS of interactive points in the cockpit?

Remember when I was chastised for saying it was Star Tours 3.0? I was wrong, I admit. It seems to be Star Tours 2.5.

As many of the grandiose rumors that were wrong for SR, I highly question if RotR truly is a mega E. I mean, remember, the ride is supposed to be like 7-8 minutes long, feature over a hundred AAs.
Sorry, I just don't believe it. Never did.

I hope I'm wrong.

Isn't the entire experience for RotR rumored to be at least 20 minutes long?

Its definitely possible when you consider FoP which is ~10mins from the first show room to the end of the ride. So if RotR has an extra show room (I've no idea how many it has) and a ride time of 7-8 mins then it COULD easily reach 20 mins

At least we know there’s a droid on the ride vehicle. If we count all of those, and every limited motion stormtrooper, then we will have over 100 AAs on the ride lol!

That was debunked by Disney itself, if I remember correctly. If you are counting the time in “pre-show” then “maybe”.

Yes, what I meant by "the entire experience" includes the pre-show all the way to unload, not just the actual time in the ride vehicle. Can you cite where Disney debunked this?

Yes, what I meant by "the entire experience" includes the pre-show all the way to unload, not just the actual time in the ride vehicle. Can you cite where Disney debunked this?

no, I don't remember where I read it, I think it was from an interview with one of the press when they did their "construction preview" of the attraction.

I don't remember Disney saying this per-say but largely people have said the preshow will be Gringotts like where there is a projection preshow before another moving preshow (elevator or spaceship), followed by the large open room with limited motion AAs, then you board the ride vehicles.

This ride sounds like SW Gringotts.... hmmmm..... that's not a bad thing.

Actually, it's also the same sort of math employed by people who try to convince me that I need to count the goblins in the Gringotts queue when I complain about the lack of AAs on the ride.

So #ParkLoyaltyMath.
Well, did Universal tout the animatronics in the queue as part of the "ride?"

That's the damning difference. What fans say is really irrelevant. What the parks push matters.

Has Disney, directly, touted the number or usage of animatronics in Rise of the Resistance? I'm genuinely asking.

Primarily, I believed our AA information is based on rumor and speculation from outside parties and insiders up to this point.

Has Disney, directly, touted the number or usage of animatronics in Rise of the Resistance? I'm genuinely asking.

Primarily, I believed our AA information is based on rumor and speculation from outside parties and insiders up to this point.

As far as I know, nothing "official" has come out. Just drips and drabs from various interviews, and insiders.

Well, did Universal tout the animatronics in the queue as part of the "ride?"

That's the damning difference. What fans say is really irrelevant. What the parks push matters.
Except I’m fairly certain Disney themselves have not actually said that there will be ANY animatronics in this ride.