Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion?

The biggest issue here, as we discussed earlier, is ride capacity and queue management.
They have no room in that pavilion for the queue for the current incarnation of that ride, let alone the Frozen+ size crowds I would expect for Coco.
If they do this, I think they need to consider revamping the inside of the pavilion and maybe an outdoor or annexed queue solution.
There should be some space to the left side of the pavilion to add extended queue if they re-route the backstage delivery entrance to Odyssey - or - on the right side if they eat into the neighboring expansion plot, (or just take over the garden walkway/Donald meet and greet area and re-route wheelchair ramp.)

Coco Mexico overlay concept supposedly back from the dead:

I don’t think we can read a whole lot into this, mostly because - in addition to saying the Coco thing might not be dead - Hill says that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge AND Ratatouille are both going to be open in summer of 2019.

Neither of them are going to be open in summer of 2019.

So, big handful of salt...

The biggest issue here, as we discussed earlier, is ride capacity and queue management.
They have no room in that pavilion for the queue for the current incarnation of that ride, let alone the Frozen+ size crowds I would expect for Coco.
If they do this, I think they need to consider revamping the inside of the pavilion and maybe an outdoor or annexed queue solution.

There's only so much they can do in there without destroying the charm of the pavilion... which of course wouldn't stop them! I just hope that if (IF) a Coco retheme were to come, it wouldn't create an intrusive situation inside there.

I don’t think we can read a whole lot into this, mostly because - in addition to saying the Coco thing might not be dead - Hill says that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge AND Ratatouille are both going to be open in summer of 2019.

Neither of them are going to be open in summer of 2019.

So, big handful of salt...

There's only so much they can do in there without destroying the charm of the pavilion... which of course wouldn't stop them! I just hope that if (IF) a Coco retheme were to come, it wouldn't create an intrusive situation inside there.

I thought the gist is more that Galaxy's Edge would open around late 2019, with Ratatouille being a Spring opening for 2020?

As with most of his rumors, it wouldn’t surprise me if the idea is still kicking around at Disney, just still very early blue sky discussions. Coco is far more recognizable than a war time Donald Duck film as he said. And no idea really dies at Disney.

Just like I’m sure they’re still trying to come up with an Imagination update. Sure it could still be a decade off, but that doesn’t mean Imagineers aren’t having discussions about it.

I thought the gist is more that Galaxy's Edge would open around late 2019, with Ratatouille being a Spring opening for 2020?

That is the current conventional wisdom, yes.

As with most of his rumors, it wouldn’t surprise me if the idea is still kicking around at Disney, just still very early blue sky discussions. Coco is far more recognizable than a war time Donald Duck film as he said. And no idea really dies at Disney.

Just like I’m sure they’re still trying to come up with an Imagination update. Sure it could still be a decade off, but that doesn’t mean Imagineers aren’t having discussions about it.

I'm sure the idea isn't fully dead and buried. I also don't necessarily believe it's under active consideration at this time.

We've been talking about that on the WDA/Pixar thread, but man is it somewhat surprising..

..speaking of surprising, it seems this project has been going quiet. Perhaps @Marni1971 can give some incite, perhaps..?
I decided to post it here to bring some life to this thread again. I’m just really bummed. Everything this guy touched was gold. I hope his exit doesn’t mean the end for Coco possibly going to Mexico.

They do have a lot of Coco stuff on display when you first enter the temple including a statue. Not sure if it’s been there since the movie came out or if it’s recent but worth noting.

It kind of just fell off the wayside, I would be curious to know if this is still on the table as well.

Last edited:
I still can’t comprehend why this hasn’t happened yet. Coco would bring new life to the pavilion and it would be a quick re-theme.

Yeah, but at the same time, the ride already exists and is fine enough. Epcot has so many more pressing matters at the moment.
I do agree with you. But, anything new for this park would still do wonders. If I was in charge of EPCOT I would of swapped out Imagination with Inside Out and with Coco a long time ago.

I’m very anti Inside Out at Imagination. Figment needs to stay, just be upgraded.

Inside Out can go in DHS or something.
I have zero nostalgia for figment or his attraction. I was a big fan of inside out. But, I can still understand your point of view.

Doesn't Figment make a hell of a lot of merch money? Asking for a friend.

Honestly, a compomrise to me, would actually be incorporating Figment in with the Inside Out characters, in an attraction that revamps the current attraction while adding additional elements to connect the two seamlessly.

You’ve likely never known Figment to be a part of a GOOD attraction.
To be honest I have zero memory of ever riding figment. I went to Epcot in the 90’s and I’m sure I rhode it. So I can’t even give you an answer to that statement. I strongly remember riding Ellen and the Trolls Ride in Norway. Name escapes me right now.