Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

I'm really sad the Tri Circle D Ranch is being demolished for this. I wonder if they are building a new facility that will be accessible by guests or if all the horses will be kept in a backstage area?

I'm really sad the Tri Circle D Ranch is being demolished for this. I wonder if they are building a new facility that will be accessible by guests or if all the horses will be kept in a backstage area?
If I recall, there was a plan to either move them across the street or (worst case) move in to the main horse ranch towards the entrance.

This is disgusting and so typical of the monolithic money-grubbing parody Disney has become of itself. Losing the ranch is disgusting. They are literally steamrolling Disney history to build arguably the most bland and theme-less hotel they've ever done. Baffling.

Early concept art of interior:
concept-art-lobby-pocahontas-statue-reflections-lakeside-lodge_1.jpeg

concept-art-lobby-pocahontas-statue-reflections-lakeside-lodge_2-1200x569.jpeg

Good on them if this is how it'll turn out. After designing some generic looking hotels in recent years I was worried they'd never be bold enough to actually include characters in a new hotel again. Say what you will, but something like this at least feels like I'm staying at Disney.
Honestly I’m loving how the inside looks and it reminds of me of some of the older resorts.

I love the look of this resort so far, and when I read Brother Bear was getting some love here it made me extremely happy. I know many people overlook it or dont particularly care for it, but it's one of my favorite Disney animated films.