Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion?

Doesn't Figment make a hell of a lot of merch money? Asking for a friend.

Honestly, a compomrise to me, would actually be incorporating Figment in with the Inside Out characters, in an attraction that revamps the current attraction while adding additional elements to connect the two seamlessly.
Personally, I would get rid of figment completely from the attraction. Re-theme everything to Inside Out. For Figment fans they should just built him is own dedicated store for the merch. Best of both words.

I still can’t comprehend why this hasn’t happened yet. Coco would bring new life to the pavilion and it would be a quick re-theme.

Therein lies the rub. A new Coco revamp would most likely bring long wait times. The current queue for Gran Fiesta Tour can only hold about 20 minutes worth of people, maybe 30 if they extend out a little bit. And that's all without FastPass+. There's just no way Disney can do a new ride without a complete overhaul of the Mexican pavilion which features one of Epcot's most popular restaurants.

Therein lies the rub. A new Coco revamp would most likely bring long wait times. The current queue for Gran Fiesta Tour can only hold about 20 minutes worth of people, maybe 30 if they extend out a little bit. And that's all without FastPass+. There's just no way Disney can do a new ride without a complete overhaul of the Mexican pavilion which features one of Epcot's most popular restaurants.
Time for virtual lines.

While I don't actually think they would, Disney using a virtual line in Epcot could sorta work. "Go and explore the world as you wait in line virtually for your next attraction/disney experience" idk I could see them advertise it as such.

Time for virtual lines.
Virtual line in Mexico, or for that matter any of the rides in the World Pavilion would actually work really well. If they limited you to the bounds of the country, you would be forced to shop and take in the other sites. Learn more about the country, do the Epcot festival thing for that country... it would actually be really cool and fit perfectly with Epcot's original education vision.

How many people have actually been in the Hedge Maze or back alleys of UK (I know no ride yet), go through the Norway (Frozen :( ) history building, really explore all the shops in Mexico?

Virtual line in Mexico, or for that matter any of the rides in the World Pavilion would actually work really well. If they limited you to the bounds of the country, you would be forced to shop and take in the other sites. Learn more about the country, do the Epcot festival thing for that country... it would actually be really cool and fit perfectly with Epcot's original education vision.

How many people have actually been in the Hedge Maze or back alleys of UK (I know no ride yet), go through the Norway (Frozen :( ) history building, really explore all the shops in Mexico?
Me. :thumbsup:....I love exploring that stuff as much as riding the attractions.

The model only shows the new attractions/concepts coming to Epcot

That would certainly indicate a change is coming.

@Marni1971 speculated on Magic that COCO characters might be added to Gran Fiesta Tour without a complete retheme. I think that would only make more of a hash of the ride's story, but on the other hand, I would hate to lose the Three Cabs animatronics.

Maybe they could find a home in the Brazil Pavilion, but I doubt Disney would make the effort.

Honestly, I was wondering if they could add Coco characters alongside the Trio in some form and fashion. The only way it could work, is if somehow along the way; Donald and the gang gets stuck in the land of the dead, and tries to force themselves out (while encountering Miguel and Hector).

That would certainly indicate a change is coming.

@Marni1971 speculated on Magic that COCO characters might be added to Gran Fiesta Tour without a complete retheme. I think that would only make more of a hash of the ride's story, but on the other hand, I would hate to lose the Three Cabs animatronics.

Maybe they could find a home in the Brazil Pavilion, but I doubt Disney would make the effort.
Supposedly Three Cabs ride WAS the IP that was going to get a ride in Brazil.

The only solution that was discussed regarding Coco addition to the existing ride was a total rework of the queue and the construction of an extended queue alongside the existing pavilion. This would allow for better guest flow inside and preserve the existing system. As I recall, the tequila bar inside the pavilion has already caused many a traffic jam.