Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I just wonder if the scale of the ATATs looks right. From the perspective of a rider they may look bigger, but what I've seen of them from the construction they look too small.

Wow the footage in that commercial is awesome! Love the lightsaber effect.

The action in the ATAT room looks really intense too, especially if they actually have that much pyro effects involved.

But I cant tell if that's beefed up for the commercial (similar to Mosa knocking the boat in the Jurassic World referb)

I’m betting good money pyro isn’t in the actual attraction.

Wow the footage in that commercial is awesome! Love the lightsaber effect.

The action in the ATAT room looks really intense too, especially if they actually have that much pyro effects involved.

But I cant tell if that's beefed up for the commercial (similar to Mosa knocking the boat in the Jurassic World referb)
100% it was plussed up. There was a rumor Disney figured out how to simulate the laser blasts without a screen, but I don't see how. And the light saber could just be a glowing rod sticking out of the ceiling.
I just wonder if the scale of the ATATs looks right. From the perspective of a rider they may look bigger, but what I've seen of them from the construction they look too small.
They're built about 2.5 stories tall and don't move.

I think everyone should hamper expectations just a bit. Is the ride even open to filming/testing? The commercial should be taken the same as concept art.

Bingo.

Anyway, sounds like there is a SWGE presentation at 9am this morning with some RotR footage.

100% it was plussed up. There was a rumor Disney figured out how to simulate the laser blasts without a screen, but I don't see how. And the light saber could just be a glowing rod sticking out of the ceiling.

They're built about 2.5 stories tall and don't move.

I'm assuming the heads will move. Watching the trailer again, that's all that moves.

The AT-AT are full size and only the heads are supposed to move and everything that shows the guests in the ride vehicle was shot inside the ride building itself.

I think I heard (probably from @Alicia) that they're/it is forced perspective
They’re like 2 and half times bigger than the one in front of Star Tours, right, so it should be impressive.

I really hope they pull off the laser effects. It would be amazing if the did. What I have heard is that they’ll be utilizing a rumble base/subwoofer effect in the RV for when the blasters and gunfire is going on that will rumble more than any rumble ride effect has ever rumbled. They want you to really FEEL like you’re in a Star War apparently.

There’s a lot of marketing fluff going around but basically it’s what we’ve know. There’s a preshow that has a standing ride system like HM or Gringotts, trackless ride vehicles, then they board a drop system like ToT.

They’re like 2 and half times bigger than the one in front of Star Tours, right, so it should be impressive.

I really hope they pull off the laser effects. It would be amazing if the did. What I have heard is that they’ll be utilizing a rumble base/subwoofer effect in the RV for when the blasters and gunfire is going on that will rumble more than any rumble ride effect has ever rumbled. They want you to really FEEL like you’re in a Star War apparently.

Sounds like it will be a big hit with the ladies.

How big is the one in front of Star Tours? That must be about 30ft at least.

My only hope is that the portion before the escape pod is dynamic. Having been on a few Disney trackless rides, they're definitely fun, and make for great twists on classic -style dark rides. But I really want this thing to feel like an action movie, and i worry simply gliding around on the pucks for 1/2 the ride won't cut it. Still, this is easily the most exciting ride Disney's put out since Radiator Springs Racers

My only hope is that the portion before the escape pod is dynamic. Having been on a few Disney trackless rides, they're definitely fun, and make for great twists on classic -style dark rides. But I really want this thing to feel like an action movie, and i worry simply gliding around on the pucks for 1/2 the ride won't cut it. Still, this is easily the most exciting ride Disney's put out since Radiator Springs Racers

Easily. I don’t think it’s as innovative as Disney says but it’s always the combinations of these elements that make the attraction.

Twitter left out the “Disney” part, so I blame the theme park media there lol
Yea, lots of misquotes from Sunday, that's why I only reported on what was in the official Press Release, and I rewatched the video a few times just to be safe. I swear if I see one more news story wrongfully announce that Wondrous China will be opening January 2020 I'm gonna scream.

Anyway, not to derail thread too much, but from official press release for GotG, last sentence:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at Epcot. The adventure starts in the “Galaxarium,” a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. Guests will be invited to learn more about the treasures Xandar has to share – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. The attraction will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.​