Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Yeah the three films that inspired this house were all from 1989, Leviathan, Deep Star Six and Lords Of The Deep, I haven't watch any of em yet but I've seen the trailers and they seem like really interesting movies, they're sorta hyping me up to see what the house will bring from these influences.

I just saw lords of the deep on mst3000 - it is truly horrendous from start to finish. Looks like a Saturday night live extended skit with half the budget. So bad it was entertaining with the right person watching with you.

I just saw lords of the deep on mst3000 - it is truly horrendous from start to finish. Looks like a Saturday night live extended skit with half the budget. So bad it was entertaining with the right person watching with you.

Interesting lol, welp it's coming in the mail soon, bought all three movies and that one on VHS, so I'll definitely give em all a watch in prep for the house lol.

I know they’re not even remotely related but I watched 47 Meters Down with friends yesterday and it had me thinking about this house. The deep ocean scares me to death and this house, regardless of it being mostly infected crew, is gonna be claustrophobic as hell. Since this is the house where a moat was installed IIRC, then that means we might get a scene where the ship begins to implode from pressure.

^really random thoughts but I’m dreading this house. Even The Abyss had me creeped out at points

I'm really intrigued with this house, I wish they could have done videos for the originals this year and actually give us a peak, I mean they did a really good job with the ips, the fact that they didn't do it this year just shocks me but anyways I feel like the many thoughts going through my head about this house, I'm glad to see what its come from it, after seeing the movies that inspired A&D to make it, really makes me hyped up especially Deep Star Six, I watched it again a few days ago and just the sea and the creature itself look badass, yes the movie wasn't The Abyss but for its time, it some cool effects and techniques to it.

“It is what would happen if a mining company excavated too far at the bottom of the ocean. There are creatures called mouth-brooders. They spew their poisonous acid-filled eggs all over and take over all the crew” says Braillard. There will be screens, lighting and running water to simulate the underwater effects.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 | stranger and scarier than ever | blooloop

With these effects, I'm really excited to see how they pull off these creatures and characters, hope it gives me the same experience like Interstellar Terror gave me back then.

This is the house I have the hardest time picturing, which is either a good or bad thing. Curious to see how many projections they use to make the outside of the mining ship look truly under the deep sea.

Also curious to see if the finale has a big Mouthbrooder puppet

Seeing what they had used in the mermaid scene in Scary Tales, I'd love to see what more they'll bring out from that scene last year in Scary Tales and trying to bring that same feeling in this house.

Seeing what they had used in the mermaid scene in Scary Tales, I'd love to see what more they'll bring out from that scene last year in Scary Tales and trying to bring that same feeling in this house.

The funny thing is, I’m pretty sure it was already stated earlier that exact scene was getting copy-pasted to Uni Monsters.

The funny thing is, I’m pretty sure it was already stated earlier that exact scene was getting copy-pasted to Uni Monsters.

Yeah but they'll incorporate in some other way as well, they could execute the scene in a different way than how Monsters uses it, I can't wait to see the attention to detail in this house too, should be really cool.

Most of what I've heard about this house is inside the ship, not in the ocean. I don't expect anything like last year's Mermaid.

It's a ship? I was under the impression that it was an underwater mining facility. Is it a drill that is also a ship?