Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Still down as of 12 pm.

does anyone know, if the ride is delayed this long, do they keep the line open longer into the night? Hoping for a night ride before we leave tomorrow :)

Except they’re not? Lol

There’s a huge difference between “improved” and “perfect”
Who said perfect? I sure didn't. And I wouldn't call opening late and closing early improved by literally any means. It's no skin off my neck, I just feel bad for people that don't live here and can't just come back another day.

Who said perfect? I sure didn't. And I wouldn't call opening late and closing early improved by literally any means. It's no skin off my neck, I just feel bad for people that don't live here and can't just come back another day.

Yeah, I appreciate the innovative technology that goes into this ride, but four months in and they are still having delays and closing early? Kinda sucks after months of advertising wall to wall for a ride that has limited availability.

how long did Gringotts take to get fully up to speed?

update: Bikes are running, the wait time sign says “Brief Delay”. Shouldn’t be long

Last edited:

They haven’t been opening late recently? Today is an outlier in that front as far as I’ve seen, outside of the bees. And I see this thread full of posts recently how smoothly things are going and how short people’s waits are. I dunno. All that tells me it’s improved, even if there’s plenty of work left to be done

So I rode again on Friday.
  • 75 Minute Posted Wait, Actual Wait 55 minutes
  • No awkward pause between Thestrals and first launch
  • Skrewt blast still not working
  • Fluffys left head is still down
  • Both Drop tracks working
My main take away is that some of the operations have changed, however I don’t know if this is permanent or not. Upon entering the boardwalk room a staff member now asks bigger guests(myself included) if they have ridden before. If you have not, they take you over to a test seat. I also noticed an employee holding “Universal Dollars” to compensate if the restraints don’t match your body type. Loading onto the ride has been moved to where the child swap riders merge point is. The original loading hall has now been converted into the worlds tightest switchback. The belt was moving considerably slower than it had been in the past few weeks. The ride stopped twice while I was on it. Both times were rather brief. The first time was when you enter the show building. The second was at the unloading station. They let me ride again which was pretty cool. Over the past few months seeing how far the operations of the ride have come, I would describe it as “growing pains”. Figuring out the best way(s) to run the ride.

Currently in queue. Got in at 5:30 just about to go pre show. Will report back once I’ve been on. No downtime since I’ve been in queue.

Edit: spoke too soon I think, queue seems to have stopped.

Edit: still in queue, extended delay is extended. 1 hour 25 in line. Posted wait was 120mins so still could get on in posted wait.

Last edited:
perseverance might have paid off, team members walking queue saying it was a swarm of Bees. Ride coming back online soon?

I’m at the front now and talked to a Team Member. It is bees, they are currently trying to move them, but if they don’t finish by 8, the ride will close.

he kind of gave me a look when I asked how likely it was, meaning “what do you think”
Unbelievable.

update: just confirmed it’s not reopening. Why in the hell they didn’t just say closed at 630? No idea

I’m at the front now and talked to a Team Member. It is bees, they are currently trying to move them, but if they don’t finish by 8, the ride will close.

he kind of gave me a look when I asked how likely it was, meaning “what do you think”
Unbelievable.

update: just confirmed it’s not reopening. Why in the hell they didn’t just say closed at 630? No idea

yeah ridiculous which they’d just shown some balls and closed it immediately.
They knew it wasn’t gonna reopen but they wanted as many people as possible to leave to not have to give out lots of ruby passes.

yeah ridiculous which they’d just shown some balls and closed it immediately.
They knew it wasn’t gonna reopen but they wanted as many people as possible to leave to not have to give out lots of ruby passes.
All they told me was “go to guest services and they may be able to compensate you”

Once again, despite A+ reviews, this ride gets a B.

a bit of transparency would be nice. Instead of them playing games. To clarify Waited 2 hours 35 mins yesterday before they kicked us out. It was the bee issue as well not a technical issue they couldn’t resolve , so I’ll repeat that it’s ridiculous they didn’t dump the queue immediately. Instead they chose to waste people’s time.

Monday 30th 10:22 -“ brief delay”
10:51 still delayed

Last edited: