Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Does anyone else think that this casting would have been better from the start? Forgetting about whether or not the scares worked, I think in retrospect it would have been cool to see sets designed more around the humans so that the creatures are withheld a little more; fear of the unknown is stronger than fear of big bulky sports team mascot.

Well, I got to be correct on this one eventually...
Everything I've heard about this describes it as more akin to "Interstellar Terror" and "Havoc" than anything else. Expect far more crazed crew members than monsters as the scare. Also, it'll predominantly be on the sub; not in the water.

The way to this point sucks though. A whole lot of unnecessary headaches happened.

Depths is officially Creatures 2.0.

It’s almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said this very thing on Sunday.

4738701-6447452492-tumbl.gif

Noticeable last night, only saw one "live" creature. Somewhat unfortunate in that the waterfall-less finale is now actor-less, too. Pretty much dooms the house in an otherwise great year.

I really like this ride for ‘turn your brain off’ fun. To say that this ride is worse than Furious or a negative addition to the park is nonsense. It’s the only ride in that takes advantage of being set in New York, the queue is pretty neat, and even if you don’t like Fallon’s humor (I’m neutral) at least the air conditioning from Twister was kept.

This is silly but can anyone explain how you’d get there..? I’ve never been by this and I’d kinda like to see it tonight or sometime this weekend!

Oh! I’ve been there; I didn’t know it was a Terminator store before :’) I never got to ride it while it was still around because I hadn’t been regularly going to parks yet!! Thank you for the detail!

Does anyone else think that this casting would have been better from the start? Forgetting about whether or not the scares worked, I think in retrospect it would have been cool to see sets designed more around the humans so that the creatures are withheld a little more; fear of the unknown is stronger than fear of big bulky sports team mascot.

I was definitely curious to see these changes last night, and it was as you said - in several of the spots where there were originally mouthbrooders, there were humans. I wonder if this will be a temporary or permanent change?

Well, I got to be correct on this one eventually...

The way to this point sucks though. A whole lot of unnecessary headaches happened.

Depths is officially Creatures 2.0.

Good move on removing the mouthbroders and adding more crew. Actors who play the crew are relentless and definitely get to you... mouthbroders just sorta pop out and stand there hoping that they got you.

i wish they could incorporate the unused suits and masks into the house as decorations somehow. add more dead fish hanging in more places, it is fine if the house gets more humans if we could at least see the fish costumes out in the open.

Also, i understand it needs to have humans now, but i wish they could make them look more mutated, give them fangs or infected masks or something.
the house could still be great if they reuse the fish suits as house props, or hang them from the roof or something....