Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Royal Pacific Resort

Currently, it's used for a character breakfast. Outside of that, it's been used as a meeting area.
:fist: Thanks for the update. I was planning a trip to Royal Pacific in 2019 and really love making use of the on-site dining at the hotels but a character breakfast is my biggest nightmare. The good news is I can always take a stroll over to Saphire Falls for some extra dining options. That said, a"premiere" resort like Royal Pacific being without their main headliner restaurant for over a year is a little disappointing. Jake's Bar and the Sushi Bar are nice but the hotel needs another full-service restaurant that isn't a buffet to round-out the dining options.

An email I got today, lobby getting a renovation at RPR:

Loews Royal Pacific Resort is renovating their Lobby —

The Loews Royal Pacific Resort will be renovating their Lobby from 01st March until 31st October 2019. This will include replacing the check-in desks/pods, installing a Grab & Go area and installing a new Sushi Restaurant and Bar. The replacing of the check-in desks will be completed overnight to maintain a seamless check-in experience and the areas of work will be screened from view.

The hotel have assured us that no noise will be heard in guest rooms. Work will be completed in phases to limit any disturbance and during this time all services and amenities will continue to be available for guests.

I do apologize if this has already been discussed:

I am celebrating my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend October 30.
We met by pure coincidence at HHN in 2017. I am a former Bill and Ted cast member and was in town to see the last show from Canada where I was currently living. I never went home, actually bailed on my flight because we both decided to be spontaneous. We’ve lived together and been happily together ever since.

This year, we decided to save a bit of money and have a staycation for our anniversary as we just recently visited LA, and are visiting Dallas in December and Wrestlemania tickets go on sale next month.

Anyways, we are staying at Royal Pacific and have an unmasking the horror and RIP tour scheduled for HHN on the 29th and 30th.

My question is: does Royal Pacific have any “in room surprises” I could possibly add to our reservation? Such as flowers or champagne/wine?

Thank you!

We met by pure coincidence at HHN in 2017. I am a former Bill and Ted cast member and was in town to see the last show from Canada where I was currently living. I never went home, actually bailed on my flight because we both decided to be spontaneous. We’ve lived together and been happily together ever since.

This year, we decided to save a bit of money and have a staycation for our anniversary as we just recently visited LA, and are visiting Dallas in December and Wrestlemania tickets go on sale next month.

Anyways, we are staying at Royal Pacific and have an unmasking the horror and RIP tour scheduled for HHN on the 29th and 30th.

My question is: does Royal Pacific have any “in room surprises” I could possibly add to our reservation? Such as flowers or champagne/wine?

Thank you!

Congrats on your anniversary!

I believe there are but there isn’t a set menu, call the front desk for what they have and pricing.

Thank you!
As I recall they do offer welcome baskets and such. Wine and cheese/fruit etc. As said above call desk.

As I recall they do offer welcome baskets and such. Wine and cheese/fruit etc. As said above call desk.
We used to receive those every trip to Portofino and RP when they had the Loews Reward Program (we were Gold members), which they ended Dec. 2018. On our trip in May 2019, even though we paid for a suite since there's no longer room upgrades that the Rewards program always gave us, they gave us 'nothing'. No basket, no fruit, no newspapers, no special welcome. and we have over 150 nights at Portofino and RP. They haven't replaced the Rewards program, like they promised. A real shame.Not a good look for their Deluxes.

The concierge desk is actually the desk to touch base with, not front desk.
They also have a book with full menu and pricing. It’s insanely overpriced. As in, not worth it at all, overpriced.

I know all three deluxes and Sapphire has this at concierge. Not sure about the the bottom 3.

They haven't replaced the Rewards program, like they promised. A real shame.Not a good look for their Deluxes.
Agreed. For Loews to not have a loyalty program is just ridiculous.

While they’re not large by current hotel standards and have a different management/ownership model (one of the very few chains that are asset heavy); it’s no excuse for not having some form of loyalty program.

I’d say the easiest comparison to them in terms of size and locations of properties would be Omni, who doesn’t have their *own* loyalty program, but partners with other brands for a combined one called “Discovery”.

Thompson was also very comparable to Loews prior to being acquired by Hyatt; and they also had a loyalty program called Joy of Life for all Joie de Vivre hotels.

Small luxury hotels partnering with Hyatt is another example.

Loews is far too large and in far too many business-centric locations to offer zero incentives for repeat business. In the hospitality business, it means everything and costs basically nothing.

I never use them anymore outside of Orlando for this very reason.

Last edited:
The concierge desk is actually the desk to touch base with, not front desk.
They also have a book with full menu and pricing. It’s insanely overpriced. As in, not worth it at all, overpriced.

I know all three deluxes and Sapphire has this at concierge. Not sure about the the bottom 3.

Agreed. For Loews to not have a loyalty program is just ridiculous.

While they’re not large by current hotel standards and have a different management/ownership model (one of the very few chains that are asset heavy); it’s no excuse for not having some form of loyalty program.

I’d say the easiest comparison to them in terms of size and locations of properties would be Omni, who doesn’t have their *own* loyalty program, but partners with other brands for a combined one called “Discovery”.

Thompson was also very comparable to Loews prior to being acquired by Hyatt; and they also had a loyalty program called Joy of Life for all Joie de Vivre hotels.

Small luxury hotels partnering with Hyatt is another example.

Loews is far too large and in far too many business-centric locations to offer zero incentives for repeat business. In the hospitality business, it means everything and costs basically nothing.

I never use them anymore outside of Orlando for this very reason.
Yes. I don't know why they discontinued the program. It was excellent, and they really took care of the repeat customers. Now, there is nothing. Really bad show.

Not sure if anyone has any intel on this but do Royal Pacific room TV's come with the option to stream Netflix/Hulu?
I know Aventura does, wasn't really sure if that the only resort that does that.

If not, do the tv's come with options to plug in an HDMI cable?

Not sure if anyone has any intel on this but do Royal Pacific room TV's come with the option to stream Netflix/Hulu?
I know Aventura does, wasn't really sure if that the only resort that does that.

Nope, no Chromecast or other streaming capabilities built into the TV. Though it do not know about a free HDMI input that you can use, didn’t check.

Was there last week at RPR.

The TV menu (scrolling through channel list/changing channels/viewing information like updated bill and checkout etc.) is SLOOOOOOOW. There was an option that came up to use your own netflix and other accounts to watch through the TV did come up but I didn't look into the details because...

we brought our own FIreTV device and there are spare HDMI inputs on the back. You need to go through the TV hardware menu to get to an option to change inputs. It's not something easily accessible from the main Universal-managed menus.

But it can be done. Also, make sure that your device has the option to view a webpage as part of the internet signin (as opposed to just entering the SSID and a password). If the device goes to sleep you may have to re-enter the Wifi information again.

Was there last week at RPR.

The TV menu (scrolling through channel list/changing channels/viewing information like updated bill and checkout etc.) is SLOOOOOOOW. There was an option that came up to use your own netflix and other accounts to watch through the TV did come up but I didn't look into

Really?! Well thats great to know! I was there earlier this month but as you said, the menu was so slow and dated looking that I gave up trying to find any sense of modern streaming service.

I’ll definitely take a look when I have another day in late November.