Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Killer Klowns from Outer Space

I think "love" is a bit much. It averages right around #5 or #6 in people's rankings. A few, including myself, have it near the bottom.
But as far as it being “so much fun,” I can’t see that. I might just be in the minority, but it’s just a little overstimulating to me. I have a strong suspicion that the lighting I was exposed to in the house actually wasn’t the intended effect, making everything look too bright. I don’t know.

But as far as it being “so much fun,” I can’t see that. I might just be in the minority, but it’s just a little overstimulating to me. I have a strong suspicion that the lighting I was exposed to in the house actually wasn’t the intended effect, making everything look too bright. I don’t know.

i think fans of the movie love it a lot

Hey so I have a specific question about the house and I don’t know how to do a spoiler tag, so this might be a spoiler

In the house, before you walk into the last room with all the clown mannequins (some of which are real), there’s a hallway with a fake wall that open to reveal a long hair girl like the one from the Ring. My friend and I who are both big fans of killer Klowns from outer space couldn’t identify the girl. Does anyone know if this is from the movie and we are just forgetting something or is it a Icon that’s being teased for next year (I’m not the most versed in Icons).

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Hey so I have a specific question about the house and I don’t know how to do a spoiler tag, so this might be a spoiler

In the house, before you walk into the last room with all the clown mannequins (some of which are real), there’s a hallway with a fake wall that open to reveal a long hair girl like the one from the Ring. My friend and I who are both big fans of killer Klowns from outer space couldn’t identify the girl. Does anyone know if this is from the movie and we are just forgetting something or is it a Icon that’s being teased for next year (I’m not the most versed in Icons).

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Im curious about this as well,
Theres only one girl in the movie and she never gets hurt by the clowns, only kidnapped .
Maybe its just a random victim prop

Yeah I noticed that too, I was really confused, I thought at first it could have been Debbie or somebody else but idk it's weird, it would have been good if they had Debbie, Mike and Rich in that little area posing or something and then heading out into the cotton candy area of the Klowns but idk.

Yeah I noticed that too, I was really confused, I thought at first it could have been Debbie or somebody else but idk it's weird, it would have been good if they had Debbie, Mike and Rich in that little area posing or something and then heading out into the cotton candy area of the Klowns but idk.
Yeah I thought it might be Debbie, but the hair on the girl was way too long and her expression look more edgy than the movie typically is. So I’m kinda confused. Maybe someone on the inside will know what it is.

Had a pretty bad run through of Klowns tonight. It was the first house I went through after opening, but it was probably 6:35 or so when I went through and lots of Klowns missing. This is also my second time in a row where the first Klownzilla was not moving.

Had a pretty bad run through of Klowns tonight. It was the first house I went through after opening, but it was probably 6:35 or so when I went through and lots of Klowns missing. This is also my second time in a row where the first Klownzilla was not moving.

We went though tonight too and our run certainly wasn’t the best, missed a lot of scares.

.....and on the point of Klownzilla we thought this too but the flow slowed for a moment and he did eventually start up, seems to have a pretty big gap between.

Cast change! I was actually standing on the corner between the Universal store and Minions at 6:34 (according to the time I saved the video) and watched the Klowns being paraded out from the new resort entrance (Blue Man) to the house. That’s weird that they even let people through during the cast change, though...I thought they stopped guest flow for that?

Cast change! I was actually standing on the corner between the Universal store and Minions at 6:34 (according to the time I saved the video) and watched the Klowns being paraded out from the new resort entrance (Blue Man) to the house. That’s weird that they even let people through during the cast change, though...I thought they stopped guest flow for that?

That makes sense but like 10 minutes before I went in they had shut the doors and I assumed were changing casts. My time might have been inaccurate lol. Either way, wasn’t a super strong run but I’m excited to go through it again!

Only at GB do they stop guest flow, but that’s because it’s necessary to change out without having two of the same character on set at the same time.

I'm assuming that would be the same with Us and ST?
Yes, I thought about this after I posted.

Basically, if there are exposed actors in the house with no easy escape and it would ruin IP integrity, the house will probably go on “hold” for a minute or so. The Original houses almost never cause houses to stop (aside from cast going in/out).

I've noticed this year Ghostbusters, KKFOS and Graveyard Games and Depth Of Fear are all using drop doors, definitely weird Klowns is using it rather than just having another open space for the other klowns to appear

I've noticed this year Ghostbusters, KKFOS and Graveyard Games and Depth Of Fear are all using drop doors, definitely weird Klowns is using it rather than just having another open space for the other klowns to appear
3 out of the 4 of those have costume issues (or at least originally did in the case of Depths), with GG being the exception. I can't say for sure, but that's gotta be a factor for why because it's a common denominator among those three houses.

3 out of the 4 of those have costume issues (or at least originally did in the case of Depths), with GG being the exception. I can't say for sure, but that's gotta be a factor for why because it's a common denominator among those three houses.
This is true, I can understand why they had some open spaces in certain areas like outside the funhouse and the acid pie and the ending with all the cocoons and having each clown spread out in the room, still love the house but cast change is very random at times, still didn't affect my experience in the house which is good, still love the Klownzilla effect, whereas in Hollywood, it is only a Head of the Klownzilla, definitely both Hollywood and Ours have some good moments that the other doesn't have and would execute a lot of better in either ors' version of the house

Only at GB do they stop guest flow, but that’s because it’s necessary to change out without having two of the same character on set at the same time.
Do you know why they may have shut the Klowns doors? I assumed a cast change was what made my initial opening-night run so awful. We were the first two that were held back at the front of the queue at maybe 12-ish? They closed the doors for a good minute or so before letting us in. I assumed that the lighting in the house was so harsh and bright as a means for the actors to have more visibility getting to their spots because those costumes are so bulky. After watching a video walkthrough of the house, I can tell that the lighting effects are definitely much better when they work properly. Do you know what might have happened?

Do you know why they may have shut the Klowns doors? I assumed a cast change was what made my initial opening-night run so awful. We were the first two that were held back at the front of the queue at maybe 12-ish? They closed the doors for a good minute or so before letting us in. I assumed that the lighting in the house was so harsh and bright as a means for the actors to have more visibility getting to their spots because those costumes are so bulky. After watching a video walkthrough of the house, I can tell that the lighting effects are definitely much better when they work properly. Do you know what might have happened?
That sounds like a cast change. I was talking about something different.

Am I missing something, I noticed last night as I was passing by the boohole where the Klownzilla pops out, I notice they had Slim pop out around the corner, I never noticed that before or maybe they had it filled until now but definitely caught me offguard and it was pretty cool