Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

You’re going to get the most wet if you sit on the front two rows since you’ll be getting the brunt of the mosasaur splash. Even more if you’re on the sides because on the second to last drop, water will splash into the boat.

You’ll only get grazed by the mosasaur splash if you sit on the third row. You’re pretty much going to get the least wet if you’re on the 4-5th rows.

You’re going to get the most wet if you sit on the front two rows since you’ll be getting the brunt of the mosasaur splash. Even more if you’re on the sides because on the second to last drop, water will splash into the boat.

You’ll only get grazed by the mosasaur splash if you sit on the third row. You’re pretty much going to get the least wet if you’re on the 4-5th rows.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Most of us in the group have not been to Universal in over 10 years, so it will be a nice treat. Hopefully don't end up with soaking shoes the whole day!

As long as you’re not in the front and on the sides, you’re good. That’s where soaking shoes will happen.

No, it was still covered up when I went to HHN today.

Yeah it was covered last Thursday.

From what I hear, don't expect new Indo until it comes back from refurb starting January.

Also the ride is solid, but boy that middle section HURTS. The afternoon glare with the screens is unforgivable and the entire thing feels dead and lacking. Hope they clean it up next year.

Oof, that's a bit more stiff than the last time we saw a newer model indo. I guess they still have some kinks to work out.

I know everyone is focused on the Indo, but for my money the portion that needs the most help is where the old Jeep fall used to be. This is now a total dead zone. Any rumors out there about plussing up this section?

This latest video posted made me realize how much rockwork was added where the Indo is. It looks like there is intentional platforming on the far side of it for tracking and getting the Indo AA closer to the drop and the TRex. Hope the eventual A mode includes the Indo popping out of the trees (notice the movement of the branches) then moving closer to us and the T Rex. THat type of AA exposure would validate why we see full body Indo AA molds in the behind the scenes videos.

I'm there end of this week, come on Creative! haha

My past few rides on Jurassic World I've noticed the light blue gate right before you enter the Mosasaurus scene hasn't been working, it just stays open. What's even worse is once the narrator says were "cleared for entry" the sound effects for the gate still play but they're already open. Anyone know what's going on?

My past few rides on Jurassic World I've noticed the light blue gate right before you enter the Mosasaurus scene hasn't been working, it just stays open. What's even worse is once the narrator says were "cleared for entry" the sound effects for the gate still play but they're already open. Anyone know what's going on?
The gates were working at n Saturday when I rode it.