Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

If it was actually directed by Cameron, I’d bet on it. It’s not. Just cause he’s producing it doesn’t automatically make it good, or mean it’ll make money.

And I thought the promos for Genisys looked good too. Even had Cameron proclaiming it to be the first sequel since T2 that he liked, and what he considered the real T3... and we all know how that ended up.

EDIT: Also, I find it hilarious that they cursed like 12 times in a two minute video... just in case we didn’t get it. It’s rated R.

I watched the comic con feature. Where is there any mention of current issues or anything other than CGI action?
The film series as a whole focuses on a AI supercomputer that runs nuclear weapons. Once the machine became intelligent, it recognized humanity as the enemy, wiping out 3 billion lives in the process.

Also, in other words, in the Terminator films, there is a system, where no matter who walks among, that subject is targeted for termination. Everyone is that subject, unless if it’s a Terminator (not the reprogrammed ones).

Even if it references contemporary issues?
That’s especially a reason for it to not do well. People don’t like being preached to when all they want is a popcorn movie.
Nope, it’s going to be another ruined franchise because of political correctness and a mindless cash grab. Uni did right in getting rid of the Terminator IP. As for replacing it with Bourne is debatable. I honestly, can’t tell if your comment was sarcastic or not.
This guy gets it :agree:
If it was actually directed by Cameron, I’d bet on it. It’s not. Just cause he’s producing it doesn’t automatically make it good, or mean it’ll make money.

And I thought the promos for Genisys looked good too. Even had Cameron proclaiming it to be the first sequel since T2 that he liked, and what he considered the real T3... and we all know how that ended up.

EDIT: Also, I find it hilarious that they cursed like 12 times in a two minute video... just in case we didn’t get it. It’s rated R.
I’ve always liked Salvation. I really don’t get the hate on that one.

Saw the new Terminator: Dark Fate featurette, and it looks like a game changer for the film industry. I predict this film could have “Titanic” level word of mouth and may gross around 1 Billion Dollars worldwide. In a time when mankind and society are divided, this film could be bring all of us together. By the way, Edward Furlong is back as John Connor. It would be too bad if Universal missed this opportunity...

tenor.gif

I love Terminator but the more I see, the less confidence I have in this film.

I don't even know where the cannon is at. The last good terminator was Sarah Conner chronicles.
Essentially, everything past T2 has been decannonized. Dark Fate is the new T3.

I'm willing to give Dark Fate a chance. Genesys was hot garbage, which kind of necessitated the soft-reboot they're trying. If Cameron is involved in the script as they're portraying, then this movie absolutely has a chance to surprise people. Not sure why people are dragging a movie they've seen less than two minutes of. There's cyborgs fighting cyborgs, gunfire, and explosions; not sure what more people want. Looks like they're trying to push past the "save the Connors" plot thread onto new territory too. :shrug:

I’ve always liked Salvation. I really don’t get the hate on that one.
Salvation is a decent flick. I'm right there with ya.

It's a shame that even if this is T2 good it just isn't likely to do well. The GP just aren't interested in Terminator as a franchise anymore.

Just out of curiosity, how popular was T2: 3D before it closed? still pulling in crowds or not so much?

Glad they made it ******* clear.

Essentially, everything past T2 has been decannonized. Dark Fate is the new T3.

I'm willing to give Dark Fate a chance. Genesys was hot garbage, which kind of necessitated the soft-reboot they're trying. If Cameron is involved in the script as they're portraying, then this movie absolutely has a chance to surprise people. Not sure why people are dragging a movie they've seen less than two minutes of. There's cyborgs fighting cyborgs, gunfire, and explosions; not sure what more people want. Looks like they're trying to push past the "save the Connors" plot thread onto new territory too. :shrug:

Salvation is a decent flick. I'm right there with ya.

Seeing Mackenzie Davis doing a dramatic flip into the back of the truck, over stylised fight scenes, superhero poses, over reliance on CGI and that god awful music for the trailer tells me that this is going for style over substance when a Terminator movie should be brutal and direct.

Story wise it sounds good and I think if the rumours about John Connor are true, it adds a new element but nothing I've seen so far, shows me that this is going to be a sequel that stays true to the first two films.

Seeing Mackenzie Davis doing a dramatic flip into the back of the truck, over stylised fight scenes, superhero poses, over reliance on CGI and that god awful music for the trailer tells me that this is going for style over substance when a Terminator movie should be brutal and direct.

Story wise it sounds good and I think if the rumours about John Connor are true, it adds a new element but nothing I've seen so far, shows me that this is going to be a sequel that stays true to the first two films.
Yeah, I agree the music is dreadful. JunkieXL is doing the actual soundtrack, so by all accounts it'll be much better than whatever that was that they've put in the trailer.

It's a shame that even if this is T2 good it just isn't likely to do well. The GP just aren't interested in Terminator as a franchise anymore.

It's a sequel to a 28-year-old movie, that you also have to have seen a 37-year-old movie to understand. The target demo wasn't even alive when the first one came out. Yet they still need to provide fan service by showing us the once invincible killing machine (gods was Arnold a sight to behold on-screen in the early 80s) now turned into a grandma. It's crazy for Hollywood to think the GP would be into this.

Saw the new Terminator: Dark Fate featurette, and it looks like a game changer for the film industry. I predict this film could have “Titanic” level word of mouth and may gross around 1 Billion Dollars worldwide. In a time when mankind and society are divided, this film could be bring all of us together. By the way, Edward Furlong is back as John Connor. It would be too bad if Universal missed this opportunity...
What ever you are smoking.......pass it down!!!

The reason why I am..more on-board with Dark Fate, promotional material aside; is Tim Millers directing talents seen with Deadpool. I really hope, he can pull something together that honors the series nicely (Along with Goyer on the writing team).

Do I think it'll reach the billion? No. But I hope it's..good enough to at-least make the profits needed.

It's a sequel to a 28-year-old movie, that you also have to have seen a 37-year-old movie to understand. The target demo wasn't even alive when the first one came out. Yet they still need to provide fan service by showing us the once invincible killing machine (gods was Arnold a sight to behold on-screen in the early 80s) now turned into a grandma. It's crazy for Hollywood to think the GP would be into this.
Gen Z’s love nostalgia, the whole “age logic” thing isn’t really relevant these days with the internet at everyone ‘s fingertips.

It's interesting (and sort of confusing) how Sarah Connor hasn't completely forgiven the T-800, even after all he did in Judgement Day.
The choice of having Mackenzie Davis's character as a technologically-modified superhuman rather than another Terminator is brilliant and I'm more sold on Gabriel Luna as the antagonist Terminator.
I'm still not too excited about this one, but I'm very intrigued.

Reaction embargo got lifted early, and praise is coming from this film.

Additionally, sounds like those at select Alamo Drafthouse locations who were to see T2, were instead shown Dark Fate.

I'd be pissed to get a switcheroo like that.

I donno, I'm still not sold on this at all. Saying it's the best sequel since T2 doesn't really say a lot.

I know this will be successful. Uni management is going to piss their pants off! Whoever made that decision, frick you! They can kiss my giant butt!

I know this will be successful. Uni management is going to piss their pants off! Whoever made that decision, frick you! They can kiss my giant butt!

Unfortunately I think it's going to be a financial failure... but if it's good will find a following via streaming.

I for one am still excited to see it, but I'm in the minority amongst the GP.