Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Where in the World is Buzzy (the AA)?

The last high profile person that stole from Disney, and admitted it, is now a WDW insider, albeit bad info most of the time, that ironically seems to get most of his info from WDW sources. Not to kick out any names ;).....so maybe this guy thinks he'll go the same route. :lol:

I'll take a real happy hour over more universal owned stuff. They take enough of my money as it is.

I miss Emeril's

Dafuq

This is the weirdest story in the history of theme parks

You got that right! It will be a legend. Might get a window on main street before it dies down.

Yea? Right.

The police report said as much back in May. Did people already forget?

#FindBuzzy: Police report appears to confirm Epcot animatronic was stolen - Orlando Rising

That and a bunch of denial still.

Paging Hoot

I think there's a segment of the community that looks pretty silly for defending/befriending Spikes, and they're not very good at owning being wrong.

Can't say I'm too well balanced but to encourage "urbx" is just pushing for a failure. Don't understand the appeal of watching someone else do it

The Twitter account is being run any better now than it was before. Same crappy attitude.

Yeah, it is an "associate" that is driving it.

Not to plug my own reporting, but I now have the police report on Buzzy.

Key takeaways:
-Disney didn't report the theft. Orange County Sheriff's Office heard rumors of it on Nov. 26, 2018, called Disney, and Disney confirmed it had been stolen at least a week earlier

-The scene was then searched. Description largely matches rumors that came out a month later of hydraulic lines being cut, fluid spilled, etc. No fingerprints found.

-In July, police caught wind of Hoot Gibson's (aka Dave Ensign) claims about Buzzy being in Disney's possession. They searched a WDW animatronics lab and determined he wasn't there, and employees said Gibson was not "anyone who would have the access required to know what is housed in the animatronics lab."

Not to plug my own reporting, but I now have the police report on Buzzy.

Key takeaways:
-Disney didn't report the theft. Orange County Sheriff's Office heard rumors of it on Nov. 26, 2018, called Disney, and Disney confirmed it had been stolen at least a week earlier

-The scene was then searched. Description largely matches rumors that came out a month later of hydraulic lines being cut, fluid spilled, etc. No fingerprints found.

-In July, police caught wind of Hoot Gibson's (aka Dave Ensign) claims about Buzzy being in Disney's possession. They searched a WDW animatronics lab and determined he wasn't there, and employees said Gibson was not "anyone who would have the access required to know what is housed in the animatronics lab."
I had Gibson pegged as full of the stuff that makes grass grow greenest, but with nothing to base it on. Glad my instincts were correct. Good reporting, OR.