Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Nightingales: Blood Pit

Super random, but I just remembered (for no reason) in an instance of literally-not-visible-under-show-lighting-unless-you-know-exactly-where-to-look, Mama Bear is actually in this house. Do with this information what you will, haha

Super random, but I just remembered (for no reason) in an instance of literally-not-visible-under-show-lighting-unless-you-know-exactly-where-to-look, Mama Bear is actually in this house. Do with this information what you will, haha

My UTH guide pointed her out to us.

I liked this house a lot. Got a lot of good scares, but I went in too early cause I could barely see what was happening in the house. I loved the look of the "original"/ancient Nightingales.

I did the house first and my eyes were just adjusting and every scare got me good lol, and then the Lion had me crawling out of the room lmao, the cave at the end made sights worse XD but they were definitely intense in the beginning to the end, really stepped up :)

This house had been going in and out of capacity, not until the end of the night we had gotten in and it was 5 mins and it was a still good run through, that stench still gets me every time, it's like they pump a bit more for good measure but damn that does it to get me lol.

Okay, I love this house, but I had a really weird and cool experience last night. First context, the house flooded at around 11:30pm, and they kicked everyone out of the line. As my group was walking to House of 10000 Corpses later that night, they re-opened the house as we walked by.

I entered the house first and saw the ops person in the hallway. She started signaling to all the cast that they’re were starting again before taking her position. Tons of scares in the first half!!!

Then something really weird happened. I got to where the Nightingales toss the body back and forth, but they were chillin in the middle with the body. Next, I got to the stage, and the two of them were just chillin looking at each other. I said “we’re here,” and one got startled!!

Through the rest of the house, my group was yelling ahead “WE’RE COMING” to get them time to set up. That last bit was some of the most scared I’ve ever been at the event. Almost all of them got me multiple times. An amazing experience!!!

Then something really weird happened. I got to where the Nightingales toss the body back and forth, but they were chillin in the middle with the body. Next, I got to the stage, and the two of them were just chillin looking at each other. I said “we’re here,” and one got startled!!

Through the rest of the house, my group was yelling ahead “WE’RE COMING” to get them time to set up. That last bit was some of the most scared I’ve ever been at the event. Almost all of them got me multiple times. An amazing experience!!!
That is sooo funny! Made me laugh out loud

Aggressive cast, but has anyone actually seen the lion actually doing anything ?
If timed correctly its supposed to be in line with the Nightingale in the scene on the right side of you, so basically it leaps at you, you turn and get hit by a scare from the Nightingale and then you exit out of the room. It didn't get me last night but the night before the effect worked, I think due to the rain they didn't want to chance it.

The lion gave me the biggest scare of the event. He comesvery close to your head. Makes it feel like he will hurt you.

I was able to do this house with no one in front of me, (some people behind me)
I think This house is the most intense and the wildest house of the event. The sets are claustrophobic and disorienting, i got semi lost twice,
The costumes are very creepy, the sets are creepy.
I think after the experience i had, it might be my favorite house ( after getting all the scares)

Last edited:
The Nightingale that swings toward you is my MVP of the event. That character has been getting very aggressive and very good. At the beginning of the month when I went, I don’t remember getting much out of that spot. But Thursday and Friday night was a very different story. The first time I did Monsters, Dracula swung out like that, but didn’t do it again for the rest of my runs. The nightingale did it every time I went through this week.

One of my favorite scareactor interactions of the event was on Halloween around 1:30 after a seemingly slow moment in this house where I got a semi solo run with my group, felt like I was alone really. I can't remember correctly where in the house I was because the layout is just so amazingly disorienting, but at one point I turned a corner and a Nightingale was just standing in the middle of the hallway. The SA then starts to creepily beckon me to follow them down the hallway before turning the corner to their trigger and just aggressively going for the scare. It was wonderful. Overall just a really aggressive house.

I think the only other time I was lined up for a solo run like that (also on Halloween) was with Monsters and iirc, there were multiple ops who would come into the room to rush us into the next one. I'd take the Nightingales experience any day.

One of my favorite scareactor interactions of the event was on Halloween around 1:30 after a seemingly slow moment in this house where I got a semi solo run with my group, felt like I was alone really. I can't remember correctly where in the house I was because the layout is just so amazingly disorienting, but at one point I turned a corner and a Nightingale was just standing in the middle of the hallway. The SA then starts to creepily beckon me to follow them down the hallway before turning the corner to their trigger and just aggressively going for the scare. It was wonderful. Overall just a really aggressive house.

I think the only other time I was lined up for a solo run like that (also on Halloween) was with Monsters and iirc, there were multiple ops who would come into the room to rush us into the next one. I'd take the Nightingales experience any day.
Oh my god, me too! I went at ~1:55, so it’s crazy that BOTH casts must have been doing that! Just a run with me, a friend from here, and a scareactor, and the beckoning Nightingale was in the lion hallway. It was really effective for my scareactor friend who’d never done the house because the beckoning led us right into the lion’s scare before they seemingly disappeared (went back to their trigger). It was creepy as hell for me. Does anybody know where that Nightingale scare is actually supposed to come from?

Oh my god, me too! I went at ~1:55, so it’s crazy that BOTH casts must have been doing that! Just a run with me, a friend from here, and a scareactor, and the beckoning Nightingale was in the lion hallway. It was really effective for my scareactor friend who’d never done the house because the beckoning led us right into the lion’s scare before they seemingly disappeared (went back to their trigger). It was creepy as hell for me. Does anybody know where that Nightingale scare is actually supposed to come from?

Honestly it may have been the same cast, my concept of time was all over the place. Lines were so short we just wanted to do as much as we could. I'm pretty sure it was in the hallway where that big turning lift mechanism is, I honestly was so amazed by the actor that I didn't notice much else in that moment. If that's where the lion is, then I'm pretty sure the Nightingale scare is right around that corner because they disappeared hit their trigger and went for me the moment I hit the turn.

Honestly it may have been the same cast, my concept of time was all over the place. Lines were so short we just wanted to do as much as we could. I'm pretty sure it was in the hallway where that big turning lift mechanism is, I honestly was so amazed by the actor that I didn't notice much else in that moment. If that's where the lion is, then I'm pretty sure the Nightingale scare is right around that corner because they disappeared hit their trigger and went for me the moment I hit the turn.
The lion (I like to call him Aslan) is right after the turny-thing. Pretty sure it's the hallway you're thinking.

Pretty sure this same actor was doing this all week long the final week. I was there on Sunday and Friday and went through this around 10:30 and got this same thing both times. Friday the lion was even working, so there was even a distraction before the gesturing Nightingale for me too.

The lion (I like to call him Aslan) is right after the turny-thing. Pretty sure it's the hallway you're thinking.

Pretty sure this same actor was doing this all week long the final week. I was there on Sunday and Friday and went through this around 10:30 and got this same thing both times. Friday the lion was even working, so there was even a distraction before the gesturing Nightingale for me too.

That's the exact hallway then! Thank you! I didn't have the pleasure of going in solo-ish for that experience closing night, but I did see that lion jump out farther than I had during the rest of the run. It was perfectly synced with that corner Nightingale, FANTASTIC!