Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Expansion?

Maybe pads = slides? I guess it depends on how much they can fit into that expansion plot. The only other area that I can see that can be used, other than replacing a slide, is the extended seating area next to Kohola Reef.

Right, I could see them adding 5 slides to the expansion area, but not at 5 different times.

They could go the way of many waterparks and "expand" by adding additional slides to the existing towers or replace slides with newer, better ones.

Last edited:
That would be a shame. The green one is a great slide

It's a loss for sure, but as long as the expansion slides are good then I'll be fine with it. Hell, they could actually rework the complex and only remove the yellow slide if they wanted, and then add another giant slide (probably a mammoth water coaster) at the back where the elevator currently is. It would be a tight fit, but it could work.

... I was a 3 park pass holder with Universal up until this year...

Were you able to downgrade to a 2-park pass? When VB first opened we upgraded to 3, and then a year later were not able to downgrade (I love VB, but I was just checking options).

Last edited:
If Universal is still attempting to market VB as their third theme park, with the following implication that VB rides and experiences are of a higher quality than other water parks, then I think Universal might benefit from adding an innovative indoor facility, along the lines of Rulantica.

Assuming they have the available space (I think Rulantica's around 5-7 acres according to Google Earth), then Madagascar would be the perfect them for some kind of themed complex. It could have kid-friendly slides and (hopefully) some kind of ride that manages to outdo Miss Adventure Falls and bridge the gap between slide and dark ride.

Would also be perfect for the cold weather months

If Universal is still attempting to market VB as their third theme park, with the following implication that VB rides and experiences are of a higher quality than other water parks, then I think Universal might benefit from adding an innovative indoor facility, along the lines of Rulantica.

Assuming they have the available space (I think Rulantica's around 5-7 acres according to Google Earth), then Madagascar would be the perfect them for some kind of themed complex. It could have kid-friendly slides and (hopefully) some kind of ride that manages to outdo Miss Adventure Falls and bridge the gap between slide and dark ride.

Would also be perfect for the cold weather months
I say build a modern version of the Jaws ride!

Well "regardless of return on investment" is kinda the entire point. Their in the business to make $$. Its pretty much all about return on investment. I don't disagree that labeling this as their 3rd theme park is a stretch (although I haven't visited but will be in April/May) but they also have limited space to work with here, can only expand so much. I think the rumor is 2022 for a expansion here.
It called the "third gate" or "a water theme park" not a third theme park.
In the end a 2000 room hotel is opening and Universal is trying to keeping up with demand. That is why they should expand VB, even if only 10% would add a day to their vacation it would count up with hotel, food and drinks.
Also Universal is doing things to attract the locals, why would they have a different menu added to Mardi Grass every 2 weeks.
I think VB should be open at night as an entertainment venue. It looks stunning, it could have live music, the food and bars are great and a projection show on the volcano could be a fun night out.

Last edited:
It called the "third gate" of "a water theme park" not a third theme park.
In the end a 2000 room hotel is opening and Universal is trying to keeping up with demand. That is why they should expand VB, even if only 10% would add a day to their vacation it would count op with hotel, food and drinks.
Also Universal is doing things to attract the locals, why would they have a different menu added to Mardi Grass every 2 weeks.
I think VB should be open at night as an entertainment venue. It looks stunning, it could have live music, the food and bars are great and a projection show on the volcano could be a fun night out.

Absolutely, that VB should be opened late. Going to late nights at Wet n Wild when I was younger was one of my earliest favourite memories in Orlando. I also got to see a shuttle launch when in the queue at Mach 5.

VB is gorgeous at night and it’s a shame it’s not open.

I think that an AP option valid for November-February and the time between a Easter and Memorial Day would help the park in what is generally considered to be the off season.

I know as a local I’d get that if the price was reasonable enough.