Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon

24 years is a ridiculous time for an expansion.

For all the Disney v Universal chat, this just shows that competition is healthy and good for both sides.

Exactly. It doesn't make it any worse to see Aquatica managing to create some competition as well. Is it possible that we'll see three major water park expansions next year? (Blizzard Beach, Volcano Bay, and I believe a few months ago there was rumors of Aquatica adding a water coaster in 2020)

Exactly. It doesn't make it any worse to see Aquatica managing to create some competition as well. Is it possible that we'll see three major water park expansions next year? (Blizzard Beach, Volcano Bay, and I believe a few months ago there was rumors of Aquatica adding a water coaster in 2020)

I think part of the problem that Disney have with BB is how well themed it is. They can't just add a slide or even a water coaster like they did at TL.

I hope that if they add an expansion, they really go for it with a whole new area with the same level of theming as the rest of the park.

Boo.

Two years straight of them messing with us with new slide pieces and Proslide mentioning doing projects for Blizzard...

And Blizzard Beach turns 25 soon...still no new rides. What a complete joke.
I think you answered your own question on why it’s been two straight years of replacements though. With the park being as old as it is, these slides are all reaching the end of their lifespans.

FWIW, there are proposals for expansion for this park and it almost happened this year, but it looks like replacing slides won out this year.

FWIW, there are proposals for expansion for this park and it almost happened this year, but it looks like replacing slides won out this year.

One has to think they’re keeping it in their back pocket for when VB announces an expansion to try to remind people “us too!”

I always liked BB. But slide replacements are necessary. At TL too. Doing VB and TL on back to back days this summer really showed just how rough and outdated TL’s body slides are. Most hurt. Not bad enough to not ride, but you feel it.

Here's Disney Water Park face covering guidelines:

Face coverings will be required in designated areas for each Guest age 2 and up, including but not limited to the park entrance and exit, retail areas, and food and beverage ordering areas.

Face coverings will not be permitted while experiencing water slides or in the water. You may also remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.