Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2nd USH Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't want a second gate? Fix the first one before you make a second.
I think the problem is that you cant fix the first one because of space and how USH was never really meant to be the theme park that it has become now. with acquired land in a different location or in the back lot area such as the jaws, war of the worlds and falls lake location, I truly believe that this is the only way universal can finally make a park that they really want in the west coast.

Obviously land dependent, this makes so much sense for them. They can do the 4 land formula that EU is using as well, or a similiar format to it that resembles EU/IOA. Have Diagon Alley if you’re able to connect it to Hogsmeade, if not then bring over Paris and FB. Pokémon, KFP, and a full Jurassic World. Bing. Bang. Boom. 2nd USH gate. I hope it happens!

Something else to consider if they do build a second park: would they be willing to lose a chunk of CityWalk to make room for it? I mean, the back end of CityWalk where Cinnabon and Bucca are could easily go to make more room.

Something else to consider if they do build a second park: would they be willing to lose a chunk of CityWalk to make room for it? I mean, the back end of CityWalk where Cinnabon and Bucca are could easily go to make more room.

I'd suspect I-Fly would be the obvious suspect to go, as they could use that space to lead in guests to the potential park entrance.

The two main questions that always come to mind about this subject:

“Should they do this?”
“Can they do this?”

The answer to the first question has been “yes” for nearly a decade now. But that’s kind of a “pie in the sky” thing. Of course I would love more USH. We all would.

The answer to the second question becomes more complicated year after year. Chris’s article does a really good job of explaining how USH has “grown” without actually expanding its physical footprint very much at all. In order to grow in that regard, they’d probably have to scale back in the areas where they’ve “grown” logistically and operationally, and I just don’t know how they do that without sacrificing the quality of the park as we know it today.

I ultimately think the best thing the park can do is just continue to utilize the space they have and maybe become more aggressive in how often they change, update, or overhaul the existing infrastructure.

I guess I disagree that USH needs to be a true multi day resort experience in order to stay relevant, especially in Southern California.

I don't expect them to build a 2nd gate until they have a hotel or two. With that said, I think a water park will be a better option for them to pursue due to limited space and the area not really having a major water park.

I don't expect them to build a 2nd gate until they have a hotel or two. With that said, I think a water park will be a better option for them to pursue due to limited space and the area not really having a major water park.

It'd only be available for half of the year, considering all the competition in that region has it from May to September. I..highly doubt that UC Hollywood would look into the option of a waterpark. Even an indoor option I'd doubt.

Announcement to hit 2023 shortly after the opening of UEU, don’t want to steal thunder of course. This will be followed closely though as strange permits, land acquisitions, and projects have commenced around the property with no acknowledgment by universal for 2 years, since 2021 the year Universal finished Nintendo world weird wink wink. I suspect a few nearby hotels to be purchased and a friendly relationship developed with both Hilton and Marriott with expansions to there hotels to follow. Opening early 2027 phase 1 with additional phase 2 2028 just in time for the Olympics.

All speculation but consider it an educated hunch. Comcast knows who the cash cow is and it’s parks do not disappoint them. Universal Studios Hollywood Resort is coming the question is no longer if but when.

Plus I just really want it, please pretty please with cherries on top!

Edit: Quick note that I have been drinking Kirkland(Costco brand and not bad , not bad at all)Bourbon so what the heck do I know right now. It definitely hits the spot though, so cheers.

Last edited:

Yep a 2nd gate would HAVE to come with hotels. Those are almost more of a sure-fire thing than a 2nd park itself. But a water park would be a huge mistake. It would have to be closed half the year like the other water parks in the area. With limited space they need something they can profit from 365.

I gotta say, post Epic Universe I’d think this is their next big project. Imagine a new park in 2027/2028 or so? Could easily feature just like 3 lands and an E ticket. Give it Trolls, Pokemon, HTTYD, and. Luigi Mansion E ticket. Add LOTR for your adult themed land and boom, 2nd park. Universal’s Journey of Wonder or some shizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.