Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

City Works Eatery & Public House

It’s a city? Sure, Monson is rural, Southwick is rural, but Springfield? Even the outskirts like Longmeadow aren’t rural as much as suburban. I say all this because I used to work in Springfield, lived just down 91 in CT.

It’s a city? Sure, Monson is rural, southwick is rural, but Springfield? Even the outskirts like long meadow aren’t rural as much as suburban. I say all this because I used to work in Springfield, loved just down 91 in CT.
Lewiston is a city, I'd still call it rural.

It’s a city? Sure, Monson is rural, Southwick is rural, but Springfield? Even the outskirts like Longmeadow aren’t rural as much as suburban. I say all this because I used to work in Springfield, lived just down 91 in CT.
I say that as the city I grew up in. I grew up on the outskirts near Chicopee and also spending a lot of time outside Hartford, CT in Tolland/Vernon area.

Maybe it’s just because of the places I’ve lived since then that I consider it more rural. However, the actual city was always pretty sad, reminded me a bit of Detroit in how overgrown and abandoned much of it has gotten when I recently visited.

I say that as the city I grew up in. I grew up on the outskirts near Chicopee and also spending a lot of time outside Hartford, CT in Tolland/Vernon area.

Maybe it’s just because of the places I’ve lived since then that I consider it more rural. However, the actual city was always pretty sad, reminded me a bit of Detroit in how overgrown and abandoned much of it has gotten when I recently visited.

South Windsor over here, in Vernon at least a couple times a month. Springfield is sad, no doubt, but in my eyes still a city. Not like Boston that I lived in, but still a city.

The question is, will NBA Ex. still be open when this opens?
I think the NBA experience will do better once this is opened, although better is relative. A very key design flaw of the NBA Experience is absolutely no food/drink inside the Experience. The whole thing is very sparsely attended, it's only a matter of time before they start letting DVC and certain APs in for free. Here's the thing though... there's nothing to buy inside so just letting people in for free doesn't do much but make it look busy inside, which I guess is what they probably want.

I'll be generous and say NBA will be around for a little bit. I don't think they want to admit failure. Not sure what the contract is, but I think they'll be gone by 2025, i'll say that much.

A very key design flaw of the NBA Experience is absolutely no food/drink inside the Experience

That is crazy. Do they not use the fifth floor? Is the old QSR just walled off? Or did they appear to actually take it out? Wasn't a huge kitchen as I recall, but could turn out burgers and such.

I'm curious how much of a hurt CityWorks puts on Splitsville. Basically same target demo but without the stigma of being perceived as a bowling alley.

That is crazy. Do they not use the fifth floor? Is the old QSR just walled off? Or did they appear to actually take it out? Wasn't a huge kitchen as I recall, but could turn out burgers and such.

I'm curious how much of a hurt CityWorks puts on Splitsville. Basically same target demo but without the stigma of being perceived as a bowling alley.
They demolished the old building and rebuilt so it’s a completely different design.

I'm having a hard time getting excited for this place. It looks amazingly generic.
It is generic af. Ate at the one in Pittsburgh and it’s fine. I prefer Yard House for the same concept. Better food and beer selection than NBC though.
All of this may be true, but this will fill the need for a sports bar in Disney Springs. It has always been hard to find a good place to watch a game. Splitsville is about the best in DS currently and that’s not saying much.

All of this may be true, but this will fill the need for a sports bar in Disney Springs. It has always been hard to find a good place to watch a game. Splitsville is about the best in DS currently and that’s not saying much.

Oh totally, wasn’t trying to diminish that.