Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Just finished watching the Mandalorian. Finishing this show (Which was great BTW; better than the entire sequel trilogy) reminds me of how much they don goofed setting the land entirely off of the new trilogy and separating itself from the OT. Could you imagine how much more popular it would be having the cantina from Tatooine and being able to open up a baby Yoda/Mando meet and greet? Like, that would easily have longer lines than Smuggler's Run!

I can't help but think that they will eventually transition this to fit more into the OT era. They would be absolutely stupid to not have a meet-and-greet with Baby Yoda and Mando to promote season 2 next fall. The only way they can do that is toss the whole "canon" thing and have it set during the OT. In order to do that, they would probably have to swap out the sequel characters in RotR to OT characters.

Also for the potential meet and greet:
...have the "reprogrammed" IG-unit "guarding the Baby Yoda AA by saying, "Do not come close to the child. I have been programmed to protect the subject."

Last edited:
The problem is C-3PO is pretty much not even a choice for a droid (unless we put someone in a costume) and BB-8 is hard enough to control for media appearances, let alone a free roaming theme park land. So R2 is really the only major one from the films that’s viable.

Of course, creating new droids for the land can and should happen.

The problem is C-3PO is pretty much not even a choice for a droid (unless we put someone in a costume) and BB-8 is hard enough to control for media appearances, let alone a free roaming theme park land. So R2 is really the only major one from the films that’s viable.

Which they already did.

They should have this guy.

walle-mo.png

They already designed new droids that could run in the land. They tested one of them in Tomorrowland for a bit even.
Ah. I know about that. They even showed that droid on the One Day at Disney documentary on Disney+. They made mention that the technology is "still a work in progress" as if that was why they weren't out there right now.

Hopefully we start seeing more of this stuff rolled out. The land is built with a lot of potential to handle a lot of activity going on around the land. They just need to take advantage of what they have. The elevated bridges being a big thing that's under utilized, especially after seeing the RotR opening stunt "show" that they did up there.

Ah. I know about that. They even showed that droid on the One Day at Disney documentary on Disney+. They made mention that the technology is "still a work in progress" as if that was why they weren't out there right now.

Hopefully we start seeing more of this stuff rolled out. The land is built with a lot of potential to handle a lot of activity going on around the land. They just need to take advantage of what they have. The elevated bridges being a big thing that's under utilized, especially after seeing the RotR opening stunt "show" that they did up there.

She did mention they were surprised that people wanted to jump on them and such. The challenges of it free roaming, rolling over feet, guests interacting. It definitely sounded like the droid tech wasn’t approved yet for general use.

They still have time to add droids and additional walk around characters. I’d rather them focus on getting Rise working properly for now.

I know the Jedi robes and Sidious robes aren’t allowed to be worn in the park but what about the Resistance flight suit over at the Resistance base? Also I’m gonna go to Savi’s for the first time my next visit, do they still allow you to buy extra pieces of scrap metal at Dok Ondars?

Last edited:
You can buy lightsabers and robes but you can’t use them in the park....just like you can’t consume your liquor you bought right there at the liquor store. So Disney treats their customers like alcoholics.

You can buy lightsabers and robes but you can’t use them in the park....just like you can’t consume your liquor you bought right there at the liquor store. So Disney treats their customers like alcoholics.
Interesting topic actually, When I worked The WWOHP Hollywood, we had people come in full wizard gear 1 to 1 with our uniform. hell we even had a full hagrid with the umbrella and everything. it really immersed the guests who dressed up along with the other guests. two Different parks with different cultures But I understand, Swinging a lightsaber is more dangerous and it does work with the lore that the first order is looking for jedi's so you have to be undercover :L

Interesting topic actually, When I worked The WWOHP Hollywood, we had people come in full wizard gear 1 to 1 with our uniform. hell we even had a full hagrid with the umbrella and everything. it really immersed the guests who dressed up along with the other guests. two Different parks with different cultures But I understand, Swinging a lightsaber is more dangerous and it does work with the lore that the first order is looking for jedi's so you have to be undercover :L
I personally think the lightsaber and robe rule is stupid. I would be totally tempted to buy one if I had the money if Disney would allow it. But I digress.

Funny you mentioned the Potter costume policy. I remember the Summer Potter opened at USH, there was a picture of a guy dressed up as Voldermont (Mask and everything!) being detained by security. LOL