Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Should DCA Get a Coco Ride?

Bumping this since rumors have gained traction. Word on WDWMagic is that while the Coco overlay for Rio has been delayed, a Coco ride is in the works at DCA.

To relay my thoughts, I think it works well for DCA. With Calfornia's deep roots with Latin America and Mexico, bringing something like this to DCA makes a lot of sense. And if they decide to take over the plot of Goofy's Sky School and start from scratch with a multi-level structure; they could do a nice and fun family dark ride; that could be compact and easily made.

To relay my thoughts, I think it works well for DCA. With Calfornia's deep roots with Latin America and Mexico, bringing something like this to DCA makes a lot of sense. And if they decide to take over the plot of Goofy's Sky School and start from scratch with a multi-level structure; they could do a nice and fun family dark ride; that could be compact and easily made.
Replacing Goofy's Sky School with bathroom would make tje park better. Anyway, I think Coco would be a perfect for DCA.

Coco for DCA. Yes. Needed yesterday. And Goofy's Sky School would NOT be a loss for me.. even though.. I ride it almost every trip. :lol:

If it's replacing Goofy's Sky School and it's a dark ride or something then hell yeah. Would be a great addition to DCA, although wouldn't it be slightly away from the area that's considered to be Pixar Pier?

If it's replacing Goofy's Sky School and it's a dark ride or something then hell yeah. Would be a great addition to DCA, although wouldn't it be slightly away from the area that's considered to be Pixar Pier?
They could just retheme Jumping Jellyfish to Finding Nemo and call it a day. And the restaurants are consistently themed to Coco anyway so there's already some pre-existing consistency if a dark ride replaces Goofy's Sky School.

Personally, my blue sky scenario for this attraction would be for them to utilize some of the space behind California Screaming or create a new parade path that cuts through the Zephyr and Jellyfish space, thus freeing up more acreage around the Goofy's Sky School Area.

Yeah it would be. Kinda puzzled why everyone is campaigning for it to replace Goofy when they could have the entrance be where the Pixar Pier band would play. It looks like it could easily host the entrance for a new ride with a decent amount of backstage space.

pixarmonic-orchestra.jpg

Yeah it would be. Kinda puzzled why everyone is campaigning for it to replace Goofy when they could have the entrance be where the Pixar Pier band would play.

People probably see Goofy as the more likely location given its proximity to the Plaza de La Familia and the potential operational difficulties that might come from relocating the parade building behind Paradise Pier.