Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

Gonna go the way of the Main Street Theater in the sky?
Not at that point yet, but what's being said isn't the most promising and according to Martin, ground breaking was supposed to happen on this BEFORE D23. It got pushed back. As of now, it's been announced for around 5 months and still no movement (Martin said he again expected ground breaking last month, which didn't happen).

Right now it's just a little hard to be optimistic about the project. We can all hope that they went back to the drawing board bc they decided they were thinking too small, but that rarely happens.

I don't see this NOT happening. I feel like with it's own segment in the preview center and quite a few additional mentions in other Disney publications other than the D23 announcement, there will definitely be some type of Mary Poppins "attraction." Just a matter of when.

Unlike the theater which was kind of just a brick in the wall of announcements I feel like they really gave this attraction a lot of focus (remember that song and dance #) and I feel like I've seen official Disney sites/publications talk about it coming a lot since the initial announcement.

If the carousel is like the one Alicia referenced in her video It will be above par ... or at least on par

I’ve always felt that World Showcase needed at least 5 rides. Having only 2 for decades was always a huge missed opportunity and a waste in my humble opinion. Glad that Disney finally decided to expand this area.

Carousel+ lol

I love the idea put forth by DSNY Newscast. He used existing patents to explain how it could be like a dark ride that's on a turntable, rather than a track, and not just a carousel.

I would also add that they should go ahead and add rides to Germany (the long-mentioned boat ride) and one more people-eater style ride. Maybe a scoop ride system like Spiderman for Italy (I'd say Escape from Pompeii but BGW stole that thunder already).

Do you think what's going on in Asia might be the nail in the coffin for this project?
I think certain projects are being delayed or paused, but so far not sure anything has been canceled. I think they’re interested in helping each fiscal quarter look good and making up for losses from closed parks, but hopefully once they reopen in Asia they can resume everything that was put on hold. Hopefully.

And this wasn’t one I’ve seen rumored to be paused. Just Marvel phase 2 and future Galaxy’s Edge additions are the only things rumored to be on hold currently.

EDIT: I forgot, Runaway Railway for Disneyland also rumored to be paused. Thank you, @k_peek_2000

Last edited:
I have a feeling this will be a casualty. The fact that they really haven't started doing anything on it yet means it's easy to postpone or cancel. They've cancelled projects in the past with more progress having been made than this.