Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Recent Debates/Problems/Etc on Forum

Yikes, I was hoping an HHN thread would be a place to get away from everything going on in the world.

Can't people just have their beliefs/profile pictures as long as they're not being hateful/attacking? ugh

Back on topic, I'm a very avid S&S guy, so I would be devastated if they did away with it.

I respectfully disagree all around.

I also don't see how a Politics thread can be banned yet you can have a political profile pic. Same message, different way of conveying it. I don't see a legitimate method of explaining it.

I'll be kind enough to leave it at that for now.
And let’s move on, to, y’know, horror nights speculation and not useless political arguing. Go somewhere else for that, this is not the place

And there lies the issue. The black box is a cute little way to show you care with no real effort and allows the community to ignore the real nature of the problem while even openly supporting the abusive institution that the black box is protesting in the first place. This isn't a problem you can just ignore and if you think it is, you're lucky you have that privilege.

Like I said, this is a hill I'm willing to die on. I've been on this site for a long time and have a nice history of enjoying my time here & even being a staff member, but this isn't just a lighthearted silly little thing to blow off.

Last edited:
With covid it was really hard for me to look at these forums with all the will it will it not happen. Then seeing the world be torn apart I used this as a escape from the real world. Keep the politics out of everything. This is about HHN. Keep it that way.

Nope.

Yikes, I was hoping an HHN thread would be a place to get away from everything going on in the world.

With covid it was really hard for me to look at these forums with all the will it will it not happen. Then seeing the world be torn apart I used this as a escape from the real world. Keep the politics out of everything. This is about HHN. Keep it that way.

And let’s move on, to, y’know, horror nights speculation and not useless political arguing. Go somewhere else for that, this is not the place

You could just as easily ask @IHateJumpScares why he's politicizing the forum by using that stupid symbol as a public profile pic in the middle of country-wide protests against police brutality.

And there lies the issue. The black box is a cute little way to show you care with no real effort and allows the community to ignore the real nature of the problem while even openly supporting the abusive institution that the black box is protesting in the first place. This isn't a problem you can just ignore and if you think it is, you're lucky you have that privilege.

Like I said, this is a hill I'm willing to die on. I've been on this site for a long time and have a nice history of enjoying my time here & even being a staff member, but this isn't just a lighthearted silly little thing to blow off.
People are ignoring it because this is about a halloween event and nothing else. Hell if you even say you wanna see a random ip you get reminded this is not the place for it and you think this is the place for outside politics?

People are ignoring it because this is about a halloween event and nothing else. Hell if you even say you wanna see a random ip you get reminded this is not the place for it and you think this is the place for outside politics?

So, why target me and not him? He brought politics into this which was my initial qualm in the first place making it incredibly ironic that everyone pouncing on me brings the "don't bring politics in here" argument into it.

So, why target me and not him? He brought politics into this which was my initial qualm in the first place making it incredibly ironic that everyone pouncing on me brings the "don't bring politics in here" argument into it.
In no way did I mean to target you specifically I apologize about this. I agree @IHateJumpScares profile pic is not appropriate and I was just upset this is everywhere. And in no way was I trying to defend his profile pic I’m sorry if it seemed this way!

Ok, who cares who started and who’s getting target. Y’all need to stop. Now. Please leave if this is the discussion you want to bring to the table

My last response because I realize I’m fueling the flame, you’ll probably get hit with a ban if you decide to not drop this.

I'm very well aware. Again, I'm willing to leave this site over this. I was a Staff Member years and years ago. I'm very aware of how things operate (not that the site is corrupt or anything. I'm just aware of what my actions are).

Let's clear some airs as I don't want anything to get misunderstood, and my apologies to those coming here for HHN news but that can be put on pause for this convo so no one gets it twisted.

I am an Irish-Cuban-Seminole-Eastern European Agnostic that grew up in a Catholic/Jewish household. I am what they call a "melting pot" of a human. My family has survived the Holocaust, Castro's rise in Cuba - so I am very well-versed in oppression. However, for all intents and purposes - my skin is white, so therefore I am a white man and I acknowledge the privilege of that.

My best friend happens to be a black man. I call him a brother, and over 25 years I've seen some things growing up with him - specifically profiling. I am godfather and uncle to his children who are mixed. It is a sobering discussion to have when he's glad the "white part" of the genes took over so his son doesn't have to face scrutiny. Oh, and his mother is a retired cop. I want my best friend to not worry about how he gets pulled over, I want my nephews not to worry about their father, and as they grow older, any sort of discrimination due to their heritage. That little black box to me is not my "cute, little way" of showing I care - it's my way of showing I do care. That while we are discussing theme parks which is ultimately nothing in comparison to their fight, that I see them and I hear them. I do it for those kids, personally, and because I'm a decent human being. This isn't politics, it's morality and I will do whatever I can to amplify the voice of the voiceless.

BUT I also don't want to get that phone call from my friend that his mother got hurt, or even worse, killed. I'm also about to not tell my other friend, who happens to be a Latin LGBTQ+ person, to not worry about her wife. The system is broke, and it has a lot of cops taking advantage of that but there are still those who protect and serve those as intended. I'm not about to say ACAB when I know cops or relatives of cops that support Black Lives Matter - which is why we decided on giving JumpScares the benefit of the doubt. Although hate comes from ignorance, ignorance does not necessarily come from hate. While the "Thin Blue Line" has become an image or a symbol for those trying to hijack a movement of human rights, I also know it's been used as a symbol for seeing those good cops continue to protect the protesters, and come home safely. Believe me, if it's being used with the intention or as a symbol of hate, it'll be taken away immediately with further actions being taken if deemed necessary.

UPDATE: As I posted this we noticed a user try to take advantage of the situation and try to escalate it even further. That was deleted no questions asked. While the Blue Line has a long history beyond recent use, and part of the reason why we're giving Jump the benefit; starting with "Blue Lives Matter" is a completely different situation that tries to undercut the importance of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Let's clear some airs as I don't want anything to get misunderstood, and my apologies to those coming here for HHN news but that can be put on pause for this convo so no one gets it twisted.

I am an Irish-Cuban-Seminole-Eastern European Agnostic that grew up in a Catholic/Jewish household. I am what they call a "melting pot" of a human. My family has survived the Holocaust, Castro's rise in Cuba - so I am very well-versed in oppression. However, for all intents and purposes - my skin is white, so therefore I am a white man and I acknowledge the privilege of that.

My best friend happens to be a black man. I call him a brother, and over 25 years I've seen some things growing up with him - specifically profiling. I am godfather and uncle to his children who are mixed. It is a sobering discussion to have when he's glad the "white part" of the genes took over so his son doesn't have to face scrutiny. Oh, and his mother is a retired cop. I want my best friend to not worry about how he gets pulled over, I want my nephews not to worry about their father, and as they grow older, any sort of discrimination due to their heritage. That little black box to me is not my "cute, little way" of showing I care - it's my way of showing I do care. That while we are discussing theme parks which is ultimately nothing in comparison to their fight, that I see them and I hear them. I do it for those kids, personally, and because I'm a decent human being. This isn't politics, it's morality and I will do whatever I can to amplify the voice of the voiceless.

BUT I also don't want to get that phone call from my friend that his mother got hurt, or even worse, killed. I'm also about to not tell my other friend, who happens to be a Latin LGBTQ+ person, to not worry about her wife. The system is broke, and it has a lot of cops taking advantage of that but there are still those who protect and serve those as intended. I'm not about to say ACAB when I know cops or relatives of cops that support Black Lives Matter - which is why we decided on giving JumpScares the benefit of the doubt. Although hate comes from ignorance, ignorance does not necessarily come from hate. While the "Thin Blue Line" has become an image or a symbol for those trying to hijack a movement of human rights, I also know it's been used as a symbol for seeing those good cops continue to protect the protesters, and come home safely. Believe me, if it's being used with the intention or as a symbol of hate, it'll be taken away immediately with further actions being taken if deemed necessary.

UPDATE: As I posted this we noticed a user try to take advantage of the situation and try to escalate it even further. That was deleted no questions asked. While the Blue Line has a long history beyond recent use, and part of the reason why we're giving Jump the benefit; starting with "Blue Lives Matter" is a completely different situation that tries to undercut the importance of the Black Lives Matter movement.

I respect all of that and you hopefully know I truly have no issue with you specifically, Brian. You've always been great to me and I've always appreciated it. I don't even see a ban coming since I know we're both capable of having this talk. However, I don't know that I have it in me to stick around nonetheless. It's really unfortunate seeing the (largely younger) crowd here try to instantly shut things down while knowing that's the audience having discussions here regularly (I'd expect a bunch of silly red thumbs down reactions to this post even).

It is good to see the "UPDATE" user at least have some form of consequence, but it also just highlighted my issue with it being used whether it's via "Blue Lives Matter" or the Blue Line. It's almost always meant to stoke flames/detract from the importance of the movement and I just don't have the desire to interact with or have it waved around while trying to discuss things here on a regular basis, just as I wouldn't want to interact with users who have it on their Twitter profile. However, it's not the kind of place where you can simply avoid users like Twitter. It's not how a forum works, unfortunately. You're all welcome to approach it as you may, but it's simply not how I line up with it moralistically. Having it on their profile pic is a statement and one that they know cannot be argued even, so it's almost a "safe" way to push users.

I wish you guys well. I just can't agree with it.

I respect all of that and you hopefully know I truly have no issue with you specifically, Brian. You've always been great to me and I've always appreciated it. I don't even see a ban coming since I know we're both capable of having this talk. However, I don't know that I have it in me to stick around nonetheless. It's really unfortunate seeing the (largely younger) crowd here try to instantly shut things down while knowing that's the audience having discussions here regularly (I'd expect a bunch of silly red thumbs down reactions to this post even).

It is good to see the "UPDATE" user at least have some form of consequence, but it also just highlighted my issue with it being used whether it's via "Blue Lives Matter" or the Blue Line. It's almost always meant to stoke flames/detract from the importance of the movement and I just don't have the desire to interact with or have it waved around while trying to discuss things here on a regular basis, just as I wouldn't want to interact with users who have it on their Twitter profile. However, it's not the kind of place where you can simply avoid users like Twitter. It's not how a forum works, unfortunately. You're all welcome to approach it as you may, but it's simply not how I line up with it moralistically. Having it on their profile pic is a statement and one that they know cannot be argued even, so it's almost a "safe" way to push users.

I wish you guys well. I just can't agree with it.

We can have discourse and there won't be a ban. After further discussion with the Staff, I will remove the avatar from JumpScares as whether or not it had good intentions, you are ultimately right. @IHateJumpScares, please DM me privately going forward on the matter.

Side note: There is the ignore button. :lol:

This goes to all but it should be worth noting:

Any volunteers? :lol:

We can have discourse and there won't be a ban. After further discussion with the Staff, I will remove the avatar from JumpScares as whether or not it had good intentions, you are ultimately right. @IHateJumpScares, please DM me privately going forward on the matter.

Side note: There is the ignore button. :lol:

This goes to all but it should be worth noting:

Any volunteers? :lol:

I can leave it at that. Much appreciated, man.

I'm not trying to miss discussions if I am here. :lol: