Disney+ | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they want a show that is accessible to people outside of those that have played all the games, they need it not to be connected. This has to be something that anyone can put on and be able to get into.

But, to Alex's point, these guys are madmen who had to be taught about eye lines when framing shots/reverse shots.

Off-topic, but I love that they included the deleted scenes to movies on here. I'm hoping that HBO Max and others will do the same in the future.

Reactions: Clive
Yup, I love the feature. Hell, Rise of Skywalker has a full 2 hour documentary hidden in the extras :lol:

Sounds kinda like the DVD extended editions of LOTR. I enjoyed the more extended making of features as much as the movies.

I am watching The Aeronauts right now and I think I would enjoy a two hour how they did it movie much more...

So if you want to watch The Simpsons in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, go to the Details section before watching and turn off "Remastered Aspect Ratio". The later 16:9 seasons will still appear in their normal ratio as you would expect.

Last edited:
I believe they wanted to do a 2D animated Kingdom Hearts show in the late 2000s for Disney Channel but it never got past storyboarding for the pilot. Interesting to see the idea come back all this time later.

I sincerely hope that they end up changing the plot/internal logic the series is infamous for. Kingdom Hearts has had ridiculous, atrocious writing since the beginning and it's only gotten more and more convoluted as time has gone on. Please separate this series from the "canon" timeline and make the Disney universes actually, yknow, matter to the plot? I've always wanted KH to be more Disney movie and less Final Fantasy fanfic, and with a series they have a chance to do that without sacrificing fun gameplay at all.

Reactions: Clive
So if you want to watch The Simpsons in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, go to the Details section before watching and turn off "Remastered Aspect Ratio". The later 16:9 seasons will still appear in their normal ratio as you would expect.

Another example of Disney being its own worst enemy, lol. Considering how obsessed DSS was with all the client-device stuff—literally buying out BAMTech—this is such a crazy oversight, even for them. I mean, Disney has never really been all that concerned with actual content (despite what they say), but all this proves is that DSS was too focused on the service-level stuff. Given the breadth of their content, which runs the gamut of aspect ratios, this should have been a launch feature. Or not even a client feature, just an enterprise-level process. But again, Disney does not care about the content, just the bottom line.

Those poor engineers must have been worked to the bone. I can't even imagine, especially with everyone working remotely the last few months. Maybe they held underground scrums lol

Also, shout out to anyone who kept their Simpsons DVDs and never had to deal with this.

Those scores are quite foul for a disney+ film
There's a reason it got dropped from theaters to Disney+ - that was the warning sign that this movie was a piece of trash. Disney would've found a spot for it in theaters if they thought it could've made them a lot of money and it was good. They must've had internal projections telling them it was going to flop hard. It will lose LESS money though by being a Disney+ film ironically because of a significantly reduced marketing budget, with the added bonus of maybe getting some fans of the books to buy a subscription to the service to watch the movie.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It sounds like FOWL got absolutely decimated in post production. I don't know if that's because Kenneth Branagh was off shooting DEATH ON THE NILE and didn't have final cut, but it certainly appears he's delivered the worst film of his career.

Instead of wasting your time on Artemis Fowl, there's two documentaries added to Disney+ this week that are far more worth your time. I suggest either 2009's Walt & El Groupo or 1955's The Story of Animated Drawing, which is from an episode of Walt Disney's Disneyland, the first show of Walt Disney's anthology shows. A Second episode of Walt Disney's Disneyland, 1957's The Liberty Story, was also added.

That said, I do plan on watching Artemis Fowl and giving some thoughts. When I watch it is another question, as there's a lot higher quality stuff on my list right now, including new releases Da 5 Bloods and King of Staten Island.

The One and Only Ivan is being moved from theatrical release to Disney+ release on August 21st.

I have higher hopes that this movie is actually good than Artemis Fowl.... this movie seems like a Pete’s Dragon or Christopher Robin where it’s received well, but it wouldn’t have made much money.

So this is interesting. The Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge game show was initially announced as a Disney+ show and now somehow it got demoted to being a free weekly show on YouTube?

It's up on the Star Wars Kids YouTube Channel:

That looks like a Star Wars themed version of The Crystal Maze.

Put out to the widest audience as a spoiler for the Nickelodeon import of the above?

The show is actually closer to a Classic Nickelodeon Gameshow, Legends of the Hidden Temple. Especially in the endgame with the Temple Run.

In other news and thoughts, considering how much of a trainwreck Artemis Fowl is, is anyone still excited for D+ taking on Percy Jackson? They've royally botched another live action fantasy/action series, there's many ways a second attempt with P.J. can also go the same path.

Reactions: randompixel
The show is actually closer to a Classic Nickelodeon Gameshow, Legends of the Hidden Temple. Especially in the endgame with the Temple Run.

In other news and thoughts, considering how much of a trainwreck Artemis Fowl is, is anyone still excited for D+ taking on Percy Jackson? They've royally botched another live action fantasy/action series, there's many ways a second attempt with P.J. can also go the same path.

I'm still excited for it. As mentioned before, Artemis Fowl suffered heavily from its production troubles dating back to 2001 and that the author had little input on the narrative choices. Rick Riordan is going to have huge creative control over PJ just as Netflix gave Daniel Handler when they adapted his books.

I'm still excited for it. As mentioned before, Artemis Fowl suffered heavily from its production troubles dating back to 2001 and that the author had little input on the narrative choices. Rick Riordan is going to have huge creative control over PJ just as Netflix gave Daniel Handler when they adapted his books.
I also think that Percy being a series instead of movie will help a lot. Books are much easier to adapt to TV Shows than movies.