Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn....this was probably going to be my last year being able to be a scareactor too, I think that part stings the most. It's definitely the right call though, I don't know how safe and enjoyable it would be this year anyways.

Besides, I would rather they just scrap it than give us a waterbed-down “Covid friendly” HHN. I think it would’ve sucked. That was another concern I had regarding Orlando. In that sense, while I am bummed, I am slightly relieved that I won’t experience an HHN with distanced scares or getting screamed at to keep my mask on properly while eating something.

I just wanna thank everyone again. This forum was such a fun inviting place to be and it got me through some really hard times. I wanna thank the mods of course for preserving the atmosphere in here. Also wanna thank Legacy and Ringwraith and all the other insiders cause without them we probably would’ve had nothing to really talk about. Thanks everyone and I’ll see y’all on the 2021 speculation board.

This really sad to hear, but on the bright side, it gives them more time to plan out next year. Anyways, I’m gonna miss solving clues from Legacy even though I was wrong so many times, but it was fun and and I enjoyed it. See ya next year folks! :peace:

Damn....this was probably going to be my last year being able to be a scareactor too, I think that part stings the most. It's definitely the right call though, I don't know how safe and enjoyable it would be this year anyways.

I hear you, because I'm in a similar situation. This would've been 5 years performing for Hollywood's event and it felt like the right time to tap out with where the rest of my career is headed. Still, I think you know as well as I do that those break spaces were never going to be amenable to sufficient distancing.

What are some alternatives you'd guys like to see maybe at City Walk in substitute for a Halloween event?
If they could pump in fog, scary music, and decorations, I'd be there weekly.
The atmosphere of HHN just without the scareactors & mazes kinda deal.

What are some alternatives you'd guys like to see maybe at City Walk in substitute for a Halloween event?
If they could pump in fog, scary music, and decorations, I'd be there weekly.
The atmosphere of HHN just without the scareactors & mazes kinda deal.
Just go to sone indie haunts. I know there will be some around in SoCal. This is definitely going to be their year to shine now that all of the major events will be canceled.

Where there's zero regulation of better business practices to maintain disinfectant, social distancing, mask wearing, and more? No thanks lol
The fact that one would be operating at all would be sketch to me.

Just go to sone indie haunts. I know there will be some around in SoCal. This is definitely going to be their year to shine now that all of the major events will be canceled.
the only danger is not knowing how well indie haunts will be able to keep things safe under the circumstances, given less resources to modify precautions compared to a bigger one. Theres definitely gonna be a much larger market for the ones that make it work though.

the only danger is not knowing how well indie haunts will be able to keep things safe under the circumstances, given less resources to modify precautions compared to a bigger one. Theres definitely gonna be a much larger market for the ones that make it work though.
Nothing would make me happier to learn an indie haunt has regularly updated credentials, onsite staffing for monitoring, methods proven to make social distancing work through a maze, and numerous cleaning throughout the night while all following the guidelines and recommendations from the state. But such a thing sounds like science fiction, so until I see it, I'll just bet my dollars on sitting in my house this October and if something really good pops up, I'll just see it as a bonus for the hopeful (but unlikely) good behavior we'll be doing by than.
If things are still on the track they are on now, I can only imagine Cuomo will forbid any home haunts operating. The government wouldn't overlook that without doing their research and getting input from health experts that I can almost guarantee will say it's not the greatest idea. But again, who knows!

And the most depressing thing of all... with Bill & Ted 3 out this year, this may have been the perfect time for the show to come back... but now we will never know if we would've dredged through more Jabba.

Nothing would make me happier to learn an indie haunt has regularly updated credentials, onsite staffing for monitoring, methods proven to make social distancing work through a maze, and numerous cleaning throughout the night while all following the guidelines and recommendations from the state. But such a thing sounds like science fiction, so until I see it, I'll just bet my dollars on sitting in my house this October and if something really good pops up, I'll just see it as a bonus for the hopeful (but unlikely) good behavior we'll be doing by than.
If things are still on the track they are on now, I can only imagine Cuomo will forbid any home haunts operating. The government wouldn't overlook that without doing their research and getting input from health experts that I can almost guarantee will say it's not the greatest idea. But again, who knows!

And the most depressing thing of all... with Bill & Ted 3 out this year, this may have been the perfect time for the show to come back... but now we will never know if we would've dredged through more Jabba.
I mean i think topical or not bill and ted are never coming back on this coast, theres not nearly as much of a reason since it was never as much of a tradition here as it was in orlando.

I hear you, because I'm in a similar situation. This would've been 5 years performing for Hollywood's event and it felt like the right time to tap out with where the rest of my career is headed. Still, I think you know as well as I do that those break spaces were never going to be amenable to sufficient distancing.
I was in an extremely similar position to you. This would've been my 5th year at Orlando and it felt like going out with 30 was right. I'll probably still audition next year, but with my schooling almost over, it feels about time to move on.

While it will always suck that HHN is cancelled, this could be a great year for a ton of indie haunts that focus on more theatrical, avant-garde, and stationary attractions. Hopefully enough will be operating safely that I could take the season as almost a taster for all of the incredible and unique SoCal haunts. As someone who was initially planning on doing a home haunt this year, definitely will be transitioning to a yard setup, which will probably be the common choice for most home haunters.

I just saw the spec map for Hollywood and I had completely forgotten that they had planned to bring back TWD for this year's event. Now they can go ahead and knock it down. Hopefully for something much better.
I would love for them to just gut it and use it as a flex space, but knowing USH, I think they’ll just let it collect dust then turn it on for HHN ‘21.

Status
Not open for further replies.