Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Starting to wonder if the same tips & tricks that helped get boarding passes with the old system no longer work seeing as even some bloggers are failing to get passes :lol:

Crowds are extremely front loaded and by 4pm most times were probably gone anyway, so this seems like a good move.

Also by 4PM, the park is pretty empty from pics I’ve seen.
I really would’ve assumed that they would’ve better distributed the times between the time slots. Guess not!

I'll be going to GE for the first time next week and decided to practice getting a boarding pass in the app at exactly 10am today. Sure enough it let me click join and get to the select party but I didnt go farther of course. I swear within 15 seconds when I tried again they were all gone, so definitely still a stressful process!

For what it's worth, passes are going faster because there are fewer (total) passes being given out. I have yet to hear of numbers higher than 80 boarding groups, with most days hitting in the 60's or 70's.
Any word on how many breakdowns per day? Is it becoming more reliable or improving at all?

Those I’ve spoken to said it seems incredibly unreliable. No different than before the parks closed as far as I can tell.
I really hope they can figure this out. Wasn't Disneyland's version running pretty well before the park closed? Because if it's a DHS specific problem, that may mean our ride has to undergo extensive closure to fix some sort of problems at some point if it continues to be unreliable. It's quite ironic to think about that since the parks were just closed for 4 months.

I really hope they can figure this out. Wasn't Disneyland's version running pretty well before the park closed? Because if it's a DHS specific problem, that may mean our ride has to undergo extensive closure to fix some sort of problems at some point if it continues to be unreliable. It's quite ironic to think about that since the parks were just closed for 4 months.
Hagrid had work done during the closure. It seemed to help with reliability (to some extent). This, not so sure of.

It sounds like this must go beyond programming "bugs" that would be worked out over time.
It's not like the ride doesn't work though. It does. It just doesn't like to stay working. So I think it has to be something in the system not working right, but the ride is very complex and they may be having a hard time figuring out exactly where the trouble spot is.

Do they ever replace it or no?
That would be quite expensive to "replace" i'm not sure. Maybe try and polish up every now and then. Tbh, I don't think they care too much. The same thing has happened with kong in how you can see the clear ride path marked out despite it being trackless.