Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Allison

aka Elegia
Staff member
Apr 18, 2018
Im not even commenting on the fact it doesn't work but genuinely asking regarding safety. Like, is this safe? My initial comment was fully intended to include snark but if the people who fix these things aren't there and won't be there, it just doesn't sound very safe to me considering this ride has elevation changes. I don't understand how these rides work so I do trust that Disney wouldn't totally put guests out there for the hell of it, but I'm just now genuinely curious if this is the case.
Without knowing anything behind the scenes, I’d hope Disney isn’t stupid enough to risk the enormous lawsuits if there was an accident on their star attraction.

When I got back to DHS in August, the day before, lightning struck something in Galaxy’s Edge and I believe it was down for the rest of the day, when I went the next day it was running perfectly (to my knowledge) and I don’t believe it went down once that day. I never felt unsafe on it at all.

RevFreako

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Im sorry to hear that. Id say, more reason to not open and operate the ride especially if they're continuously evacuating people off of it. Doesn't seem safe at that point to me, regardless of whether the ride is functioning for its entertainment purposes or not. If those people aren't there, why operate at continuously failing ride if no one is there to fix it?
There's an argument to be made that the parks shouldn't be open full stop. The point I was making is that it's fairly disingenuous to compare the maintenance of a ride last summer to right now. That's not apples to apples.

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
Without knowing anything behind the scenes, I’d hope Disney isn’t stupid enough to risk the enormous lawsuits if there was an accident on their star attraction.

When I got back to DHS in August, the day before, lightning struck something in Galaxy’s Edge and I believe it was down for the rest of the day, when I went the next day it was running perfectly (to my knowledge) and I don’t believe it went down once that day. I never felt unsafe on it at all.
Good to know. Im just genuinely curious cause from the outside perspective that sounds like a potential disastrous scenario.
There's an argument to be made that the parks shouldn't be open full stop. The point I was making is that it's fairly disingenuous to compare the maintenance of a ride last summer to right now. That's not apples to apples.
That is very fair and you are right. The discussion about parks being open isn't what we're discussing though as thats an entirely different discussion. I totally get your point. Basing it off of your response though, I just find it interesting there may not be anyone there to "fix" it, obviously out of Disney's control, I'm now just curious about safety. I agree, Disney likely knows its safe but reading that as a fan who WANTS to ride Rise thats scary lol

RevFreako

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Good to know. Im just genuinely curious cause from the outside perspective that sounds like a potential disastrous scenario.

That is very fair and you are right. The discussion about parks being open isn't what we're discussing though as thats an entirely different discussion. I totally get your point. Basing it off of your response though, I just find it interesting there may not be anyone there to "fix" it, obviously out of Disney's control, I'm now just curious about safety. I agree, Disney likely knows its safe but reading that as a fan who WANTS to ride Rise thats scary lol
While I'm not an engineer, I'd imagine there are relatively few points in Rise where the guest could conceivably be in any danger, short of some kind of Chopping Mall scenario.