Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Im not even commenting on the fact it doesn't work but genuinely asking regarding safety. Like, is this safe? My initial comment was fully intended to include snark but if the people who fix these things aren't there and won't be there, it just doesn't sound very safe to me considering this ride has elevation changes. I don't understand how these rides work so I do trust that Disney wouldn't totally put guests out there for the hell of it, but I'm just now genuinely curious if this is the case.

Without knowing anything behind the scenes, I’d hope Disney isn’t stupid enough to risk the enormous lawsuits if there was an accident on their star attraction.

When I got back to DHS in August, the day before, lightning struck something in Galaxy’s Edge and I believe it was down for the rest of the day, when I went the next day it was running perfectly (to my knowledge) and I don’t believe it went down once that day. I never felt unsafe on it at all.

Im sorry to hear that. Id say, more reason to not open and operate the ride especially if they're continuously evacuating people off of it. Doesn't seem safe at that point to me, regardless of whether the ride is functioning for its entertainment purposes or not. If those people aren't there, why operate at continuously failing ride if no one is there to fix it?
There's an argument to be made that the parks shouldn't be open full stop. The point I was making is that it's fairly disingenuous to compare the maintenance of a ride last summer to right now. That's not apples to apples.

Without knowing anything behind the scenes, I’d hope Disney isn’t stupid enough to risk the enormous lawsuits if there was an accident on their star attraction.

When I got back to DHS in August, the day before, lightning struck something in Galaxy’s Edge and I believe it was down for the rest of the day, when I went the next day it was running perfectly (to my knowledge) and I don’t believe it went down once that day. I never felt unsafe on it at all.
Good to know. Im just genuinely curious cause from the outside perspective that sounds like a potential disastrous scenario.
There's an argument to be made that the parks shouldn't be open full stop. The point I was making is that it's fairly disingenuous to compare the maintenance of a ride last summer to right now. That's not apples to apples.
That is very fair and you are right. The discussion about parks being open isn't what we're discussing though as thats an entirely different discussion. I totally get your point. Basing it off of your response though, I just find it interesting there may not be anyone there to "fix" it, obviously out of Disney's control, I'm now just curious about safety. I agree, Disney likely knows its safe but reading that as a fan who WANTS to ride Rise thats scary lol

Good to know. Im just genuinely curious cause from the outside perspective that sounds like a potential disastrous scenario.

That is very fair and you are right. The discussion about parks being open isn't what we're discussing though as thats an entirely different discussion. I totally get your point. Basing it off of your response though, I just find it interesting there may not be anyone there to "fix" it, obviously out of Disney's control, I'm now just curious about safety. I agree, Disney likely knows its safe but reading that as a fan who WANTS to ride Rise thats scary lol
While I'm not an engineer, I'd imagine there are relatively few points in Rise where the guest could conceivably be in any danger, short of some kind of Chopping Mall scenario.

Odd question, but has there always been real, live Stormtroopers in the queue or is that a new addition?

I should specify this was after you get taken over by the First Order, I still considered it part of the queue though.
They have real people in costume in the hangar and other Star destroyer areas from time to time. Especially if the weather is bad outside, like rain, then they’ll be inside the queue instead of out in the land.

They have real people in costume in the hangar and other Star destroyer areas from time to time. Especially if the weather is bad outside, like rain, then they’ll be inside the queue instead of out in the land.

Thanks! That was the first time I ever saw a live person in the hangar before, the ride went down 3 or 4 times today so maybe that could’ve been why.

Thanks! That was the first time I ever saw a live person in the hangar before, the ride went down 3 or 4 times today so maybe that could’ve been why.
Oh that’s true too! The characters from the land will make rounds in the queues if the ride breaks down but they don’t dump the queue. I’ve seen Rey and Chewy in the first part of the queue before.

Really tried to get boarding passes today for Rise and couldn't, anyone got any tips?
Tried both the 7 and the 1.

This has worked for me every time so far (6 tries), but I know folks who use the same "method" have been shut out too. It really sucks that it's so random. Anyways, I hope some of this is helpful?
  • I'm always off wifi, some folks have better luck on it but my phone is faster off
  • I make sure my iphone (11 pro) time is correct and aligned with gov time clock
  • I've always entered from the main screen with the AT-ATs, clicking Join exactly as my phone clock strikes 7/1/whatever the time is (regardless of the color of the Join button).
  • I usually line up the AT-AT's head with the top of my screen so the first and second buttons are somewhat closely aligned and I can hit the next one without going crazy trying to find it
  • From there, I smash the next two buttons "Join" and maybe "Join" again? I've honestly never taken the time to read it because any hesitation may impact me getting a BG
    • If there are any concerns about everyone in your group being included or "checked off", I've heard you can easily fix that at GR (as long as you have a boarding group)

Touring Plans is reporting that ROTR has had numerous breakdown issues the past few days, with many long downtimes.
I was nervous about getting on the ride today but I drew a low boarding group number (22) so I felt pretty confident I would be in the clear! It was my first time riding and it was just as amazing as I thought it would be.

Just to share what worked for me to secure a boarding pass since there’s some discussion above: I had two apps open on my phone, one was MDE and the other was of a clock with seconds. I watched the clock until it was 6:59 and 59 seconds then switched back to the MDE join virtual queue page (which automatically refreshed).

I was nervous about getting on the ride today but I drew a low boarding group number (22) so I felt pretty confident I would be in the clear! It was my first time riding and it was just as amazing as I thought it would be.

Just to share what worked for me to secure a boarding pass since there’s some discussion above: I had two apps open on my phone, one was MDE and the other was of a clock with seconds. I watched the clock until it was 6:59 and 59 seconds then switched back to the MDE join virtual queue page (which automatically refreshed).
I did something similar. I had Google clock on another phone and refreshed at 6:59:59 for a pass. I was taping people for my party and I was sadly too slow and was not able to move on to the next screen. Did this for both drops.

I have no logistics on how these servers work or even how times passes are issued but I thought recently that wouldn't it be fairer for people if the drops were dispersed every other hour? I know the same amount of people would still be able to ride/ passes be issued to, but wouldn't it prevent a lot of unused passes?
For example, I am a Mom with a family that is vising Studios and I have secured a boarding pass at the 1:00 drop, however, I will not be called to ride until later at night (or near park closing). But as it gets later in the day my family gets worn out and we decide to leave the park (which is not a common practice, everyone's day sometimes gets cut short.). But now assuming that she was with herself and three other people which makes up your average family unit, are now four spots that are just gone and completely unused for the people who want to use them.

Now if passes were cashed every other hour, not only would it somewhat give off the illusion it would be fairer (so you have fewer people complaining about the two-drop rule.)
but then only people that are still inside the park way later in the day can get the boarding passes and are more likely to use them.

Hits two birds with one stone. More people can get on the ride this way since there are no lost passes, and there would be more than two drops so it gives more people a fair chance with more opportunities.

I did something similar. I had Google clock on another phone and refreshed at 6:59:59 for a pass. I was taping people for my party and I was sadly too slow and was not able to move on to the next screen. Did this for both drops.

Yeah I'd definitely just assume your party is included and click onto the next screen without checking/tapping. And if they're not, GET can apparently fix it (as long as you have a boarding group).