The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 524 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they able to leave this intact? This sounds so much like the Hallow from 08. Urgh that would be amazing! I imagine smell of moss galore.
The outdoor facades weren’t complete, and they won’t leave them up for a year because of the weather damage that would result. If the houses stay intact for next year, they’ll just rebuild the planned facade.

Wow, this is tough if companies were awarded the contract to build these houses then isn’t Universal obligated to pay regardless? Perhaps it was a per element executed contract?

If most of the old recognizable props were in the ICONS house, can we assume it featured the 2010 Prop Warehouse?
I’m fairly certain it did not take place in a warehouse. I don’t know exactly what the setting was, but not a warehouse. The props are getting used as scene pieces.
Wow, this is tough if companies were awarded the contract to build these houses then isn’t Universal obligated to pay regardless? Perhaps it was a per element executed contract?
The houses are built, so the companies will get paid. I’m certain Universal will still pay the quoted price without requiring completing the facades.

The BIGGER issue for the contractors is, if Universal doesn’t take down the houses so they can use them next year, it means Universal won’t hire the contractors next year.

Reactions: Rikku and Cwoolboy
I wonder if the icons house would have been similar to the monsters house from 29 as you travel through each icon’s lair and the old props would be from past houses and scare zones associated with that specific icon.

I wonder if the icons house would have been similar to the monsters house from 29 as you travel through each icon’s lair and the old props would be from past houses and scare zones associated with that specific icon.
I don’t know why anyone would have expected anything else.

It’s exactly how every best of/compilation house they’ve ever done has been structured, starting with their first multi-icon house in 2004. Some loose bookend of a setting (a warehouse, a carnival), but it’s just a collection of exactly what we expect.

Although the finale was cool.

I don’t know why anyone would have expected anything else.

It’s exactly how every best of/compilation house they’ve ever done has been structured, starting with their first multi-icon house in 2004. Some loose bookend of a setting (a warehouse, a carnival), but it’s just a collection of exactly what we expect.

Although the finale was cool.
Damn that Covid-19

I’m fairly certain it did not take place in a warehouse. I don’t know exactly what the setting was, but not a warehouse. The props are getting used as scene pieces.

The houses are built, so the companies will get paid. I’m certain Universal will still pay the quoted price without requiring completing the facades.

The BIGGER issue for the contractors is, if Universal doesn’t take down the houses so they can use them next year, it means Universal won’t hire the contractors next year.

How would permitting work for the houses if they leave them up? I was under the impression that they were considered temporary structures and as such didn't need to meet the same code requirements that you would need for something you'd leave up for 6+ months

That was the point I was trying to make earlier regarding artists and engineers being left high and dry if they keep most of the house designs for next year. They most certainly will keep the original non IP houses.

How would permitting work for the houses if they leave them up? I was under the impression that they were considered temporary structures and as such didn't need to meet the same code requirements that you would need for something you'd leave up for 6+ months

If they're sitting there unoccupied and unused, I'd imagine Uni will get OC to slide on the permitting.

Reactions: Legacy
since we were talking about a hhn museum type of thing yesterday and the issue is most of the props are in the icons house what if since it’s rumored to be in those sound stages next to the tribute store what if they just open up the house in the day time as a walk through tour of the past and maybe throw manequins it each icon in their domain? Seems like it would be pretty simple to do and create a fun attraction to bring guests in during the fall

since we were talking about a hhn museum type of thing yesterday and the issue is most of the props are in the icons house what if since it’s rumored to be in those sound stages next to the tribute store what if they just open up the house in the day time as a walk through tour of the past and maybe throw manequins it each icon in their domain? Seems like it would be pretty simple to do and create a fun attraction to bring guests in during the fall

I like the idea, but that involves hiring Ops to maintain guest flow. It might not be worth the extra expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.