Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but even with the discussion parking are having with the state in trying to reopen, isn't it possible that even if parks reopen, there's a chance that indoor rides may not? Only outdoor rides?

If so, that doesn't put Universal in a very good spot, and probably not great for Disney either. Knott's and SFMM would fare better in that regard.

I may be wrong, but even with the discussion parking are having with the state in trying to reopen, isn't it possible that even if parks reopen, there's a chance that indoor rides may not? Only outdoor rides?

If so, that doesn't put Universal in a very good spot, and probably not great for Disney either. Knott's and SFMM would fare better in that regard.

Has anyone in the government, actually said that?

BlogMickey came out that they have heard of Disney targeting a reopening of their SoCal resort by September 28th. And I would assume Universal would be in the same room as Disney--due to their involvement on the reopening of Orlando (and working with Orlando's government for reporting).

As a preface: i don't see Pets opening anytime soon, if the Park reopens by Early October. Honestly, I think they may opt to push it to Early January--as it may allow them time to readjust the park with how it handles operations, before throwing a wrench like Pets in.

Last edited:
Has anyone in the government, actually said that?

BlogMickey came out that they have heard of Disney targeting a reopening of their SoCal resort by September 28th. And I would assume Universal would be in the same room as Disney--due to their involvement on the reopening of Orlando (and working with Orlando's government for reporting).

As a preface: i don't see Pets opening anytime soon, if the Park reopens by Early October. Honestly, I think they may opt to push it to Early January--as it may allow them time to readjust the park with how it handles operations, before throwing a wrench like Pets in.
I’ve heard they want to open Pets as soon as, or very shortly after, the park opens.

We didn’t think they’d open Bourne for awhile after the parks opened in Orlando either, but we were wrong.

I’ve heard they want to open Pets as soon as, or very shortly after, the park opens.

We didn’t think they’d open Bourne for awhile after the parks opened in Orlando either, but we were wrong.

Yup. There was a while where I heard they were maybe looking to push it back to 2021. In these Rona times, info changes daily. :lol:

Assuming something good won't happen, and then being pleasently surprised when it does, feels like the way to go in these times.

I'm really curious as to if they have a fix for people wearing masks for the bit where you appear to be a pet yourself. Or if it maybe isn't an issue at all, would they have taken people with head coverings into account?

Last edited:
Assuming something good won't happen, and then beeing pleasently surprised when it does, feels like the way to go in these times.

I'm really curious as to if they have a fix for people wearing masks for the bit where you appear to be a pet yourself. Or if it maybe isn't an issue at all, would they have taken people with head coverings into account?
I believe the tech is more about mirroring your motion than anything else.

The similar Legoland NY ride tech showcased at IAAPA last year still works even if it doesn’t recognize some elements. It might not look exactly like you, but it’ll move like you.

I don’t see the parks opening until December at the earliest. Don’t expect Pets to open until next year.

With Newsom directly speaking with CA theme parks, I feel he's being extremely pressured to allow them to reopen soon under strict guidelines like other parks around the nation and globally. Hopefully within a month. When he allows restaurants to have indoor dining again, I can see him allowing indoor rides opening as well such as Pets.

Real curious why many people have this fixation on indoor rides not opening.

Think how many places you go into right now. Why is that any different?

It's just on this site, but others, that there is an underlying theme that people don't want the parks to reopen, and if they do, not the indoor rides. All the other parks in Florida have the inside rides open, why not here?

I don’t see the parks opening until December at the earliest. Don’t expect Pets to open until next year.

I agree if you go with Newsom's new color coding system.

I disagree because I feel now all the parks are going to put pressure on Newsom. They are losing too much money and 10s of 1000s of people are out of work who are in this industry. If other parks are reopening successfully, then we can here.

I am still hopeful I will step foot into Disneyland by the end of September, and USH by the end of October (different counties). Barbara Ferrer has disappeared this weekend and still does not want people getting there haircut inside.....legally.

I think the theme park companies can all point to the operations in Florida and other places as examples of the safety of opening. The fact that there hasn't been a surge in cases tied to a park opening yet is pretty good evidence that it's relatively safe with precautions in place.

I wasn't completely sold on the parks opening here in Florida, but with the precautions in place the parks are relatively safe (aside from indoor dining), and I haven't heard of any real clusters breaking out among CMs/TMs other than people having to quarantine as a precaution after a housemate attended a party or a club. I was convinced we'd see super spreader events in all the parks by now.

"I haven't heard of any real clusters breaking out among CMs/TMs other than people having to quarantine as a precaution after a housemate attended a party or a club. I was convinced we'd see super spreader events in all the parks by now.

There have been tons of breakouts. Among TM's and Cast members. It's not safe to have theme parks open. And on the weekends it's impossible to maintain 6ft of distance because they've been packing the park with people. We all become so desensitized. Florida is losing 150 people a day!!!! 150 a day dying!!! It's not safe. Let's stop pretending it is. We as a society have just decided that it's ok for a number of people to die so rich people can make more money. It's insane.

I agree, but there also isn't really any other place to discuss just CA theme parks opening. The other "Theme Park & Shopping reopening" thread is really now only about Florida ops. Should there be a separate CA theme parks reopening thread?

There have been tons of breakouts. Among TM's and Cast members. It's not safe to have theme parks open. And on the weekends it's impossible to maintain 6ft of distance because they've been packing the park with people. We all become so desensitized. Florida is losing 150 people a day!!!! 150 a day dying!!! It's not safe. Let's stop pretending it is. We as a society have just decided that it's ok for a number of people to die so rich people can make more money. It's insane.

Actually Florida is, "Statewide: The official COVID-19 report, updated Friday, shows 11,105 Florida resident deaths. Another 144 non-residents also died in Florida. The state has reported an average of 113 deaths per day over the past seven days. " Not 150.

For Orange County, Florida, where the parks are located, has only reported 376 deaths since stats started being kept in March.

Sorry Brian for going off topic. But I could not allow false stats above to be reported without being corrected. :topic:

I think the theme park companies can all point to the operations in Florida and other places as examples of the safety of opening. The fact that there hasn't been a surge in cases tied to a park opening yet is pretty good evidence that it's relatively safe with precautions in place.

I wasn't completely sold on the parks opening here in Florida, but with the precautions in place the parks are relatively safe (aside from indoor dining), and I haven't heard of any real clusters breaking out among CMs/TMs other than people having to quarantine as a precaution after a housemate attended a party or a club. I was convinced we'd see super spreader events in all the parks by now.

It's mostly likely because Florida has a governor who doesn't really care as opposed to California who has a governor that cares. I don't think California might open amusement parks in this state anytine soon aside from slowly opening up indoor restaurants at and outdoor recreation areas at Seaworld. Anyways, back to the main topic, Pets is more likely to be done at this point, but I bet there are some things that needs to be polished up first.

It's mostly likely because Florida has a governor who doesn't really care as opposed to California who has a governor that cares. I don't think California might open amusement parks in this state anytine soon aside from slowly opening up indoor restaurants at and outdoor recreation areas at Seaworld. Anyways, back to the main topic, Pets is more likely to be done at this point, but I bet there are some things that needs to be polished up first.

I believe reports had come out that they were going to have a preview event during the weekend that the park closed, for TM's no? And the reason why that didn't go through--is simply because the closure was more sudden.

I believe reports had come out that they were going to have a preview event during the weekend that the park closed, for TM's no? And the reason why that didn't go through--is simply because the closure was more sudden.

Yeah a TM tweeted that they had gone on it back in March. Said it was the best dark ride since FJ.

It is done. Many of us had reservations to ride it before the parks were shut down. Almost 6 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.