Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd like for them to find a way to keep One Man's Dream/Walt Disney Presents somewhere at WDW, because I think it's important to have a space like that dedicated to Walt, but everything else in the Courtyard area should be subject to demolition.
I think this exhibit could easily be moved, to say, the American Pavilion at Epcot or somewhere in MK. Maybe even stay in DHS in a new spot.

Looking at the park map Animation Courtyard is prime real estate ready to be redeveloped. How many acres is that area (Disney JR Dance Party, Stars Wars Launch Bay and Voyage of the Little Mermaid)? Also, may be able to create a pathway to connect to Sunset Boulevard or even the Rock "n" Roller Coaster Plaza :look:

This has always been my idea for OMD. Gives you something else to do besides shop and eat.

But the idea of having it on Main Street just feels perfect.
I like the idea of having it in Disney Springs as that would enable more people to learn about Disney's history and about Walt himself. It could also be used as a showcase of whatever new is coming to the parks, which would be a great marketing tool for Disney to sell tickets.

A full blown Indy land is at the top of my wishlist for WDW, but I think it’s a better fit in AK for aesthetic and logistical reasons.

And with the offices back there in the old animation building moved
Feature is still occupied. Not at the moment obviously, but those offices have not been replaced.

Also, may be able to create a pathway to connect to Sunset Boulevard or even the Rock "n" Roller Coaster Plaza
Let me quote myself from the Star Tours thread:
there’s a cafeteria that part of the Brown Derby/Disney Junior building that isn’t going anywhere unless you kick all the office people out.

Reactions: RevFreako
Gotcha - I read it in the wrong tense, as if it had been done.

Obviously it's good real estate but if they're looking to have people work remote going forward to save money, Feature is paid for while the leases in other buildings like Celebration and Kirkman are, well, not.

I’m going to say something that may not be popular...I’m not a fan of Joe Rohde. I dont think he is as good as he (and others) think he is. I don’t think Animal Kingdom is as good as it has the potential to be and I think a large part of that is Rohde standing in the way. I really think AK would benefit greatly from someone else having the keys to the kingdom so to speak and bringing in a new vision for the park.

Reactions: Legacy
I’m going to say something that may not be popular...I’m not a fan of Joe Rohde. I dont think he is as good as he (and others) think he is. I don’t think Animal Kingdom is as good as it has the potential to be and I think a large part of that is Rohde standing in the way. I really think AK would benefit greatly from someone else having the keys to the kingdom so to speak and bringing in a new vision for the park.

1599947671799.jpeg

I think Joe Rohde's accomplishments speak for themselves but I don't think he's the one holding AK becoming what it could be. I'm sure he has a plan for what he would do but budgets, COVID and the new direction the parks are heading in are the things holding him back.

I won't read this unless you put it in the Animal Kingdom thread

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

Feature is still occupied. Not at the moment obviously, but those offices have not been replaced.

Let me quote myself from the Star Tours thread:

And Feature really isn’t (and IMO shouldn’t) going anywhere. Pre-COVID, anytime a department partly abandoned office space in feature, another dept swooped in and grabbed it.

That said, Take 5 (cast cafeteria attached to DJ) really should be replaced. (Ideally when they build something on the guest-facing side of Magic of Animation.

I'd like for them to find a way to keep One Man's Dream/Walt Disney Presents somewhere at WDW, because I think it's important to have a space like that dedicated to Walt, but everything else in the Courtyard area should be subject to demolition.

I wish they’d replace Hall of Presidents with One Man’s Dream. It makes more sense to honor Walt in that space than...he who shall not be named.

I don't know that the current iteration of One Man's Dream fits Liberty Square all that well. Would work better on Main Street, I think, similar to the way Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln functions at Disneyland.

I guess that’s true. Kind of forgot HoP is in Liberty Square and not Main Street. I guess they could put One Man’s Dream on Main Street, freeing up that space in DHS. As for HoP...I think a Sleepy Hollow attraction would fit the theming quite nicely.>:)