Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Animation Courtyard is essentially complete dead space at this point.

Hopefully it doesn't take Disney ten years to do something with it.
Yeah, and unfortunately, there's not going to be any major investment until sometime after tourism returns which probably won't be until 2022 until it gets back to pre-COVID levels if we're being honest.

More signage removed and gift shop closed. Imo, knock down at least part of this building to widen the walkway into TSL and then demolish Animation for new construction/rides. IMO, Animation Courtyard is done as a theme. This land should be put to use for potentially something completely different.

Of course, the current circumstances means it'll probably be 5 years or so minimum before something happens.

Last edited:
I would love to see an actual animation courtyard with rides with stitch and more of the underrepresented characters. The Pixar thing is pretty much overused, so I would love to see rides based on Disney animation or something like mystic manor.

Figured this was coming once SW:GE made launch bay a dead space except for the M&G. It was once an awesome area in the MGM days, now it’s just a dead end that should eventually become an extension of PIXAR based properties. Unfortunately with the current environment, this will not happen any time soon. The earliest I could even see this happening is 2+ years after the 50th anniversary

When you look at how that park is laid out, they really did a poor job of thinking ahead for expansion and crowds. It's a long dead-end walk to RnR Coaster and then the other side has better walkways but still inefficient use of space. I don't know how they could fix it without major infrastructure changes to all the backstage areas.

I’m happy enough for it to be exclusive to DCA and keep some kind of difference between the resorts.

A full blown Indy land is what I want more than anything in DHS.

A full blown Indy land is at the top of my wishlist for WDW, but I think it’s a better fit in AK for aesthetic and logistical reasons. Demo Indy Stunt show & Star Tours and put Radiator Springs there, or an entirely new concept (perhaps Wakanda?).

Under normal conditions, I'd like to think they'd realize the crowd problems in the park require adding additional capacity.
I really think the way to go is to knock down pretty much everything in the Animation courtyard area. OMD/LM would allow for greater walking space into TSL (although just part of the land), and then you have a lot of land with Animation building and Disney Junior to build something huge. And with the offices back there in the old animation building moved, there's no need for the parking garage anymore, which only opens up more space.

Obviously none of this happens anytime soon at this point, but it's the next thing that should happen whenever investment happens at DHS again.

I'd like for them to find a way to keep One Man's Dream/Walt Disney Presents somewhere at WDW, because I think it's important to have a space like that dedicated to Walt, but everything else in the Courtyard area should be subject to demolition.