Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Disney ignored the parks for decades, and are in the middle of an unprecedented spending spree. That, along with their glacial construction, and ai think folks are crazy to think anything new is coming for 5 years or more, perhaps much more.

Disney ignored the parks for decades, and are in the middle of an unprecedented spending spree. That, along with their glacial construction, and ai think folks are crazy to think anything new is coming for 5 years or more, perhaps much more.

Well we know a black box dark ride is coming and I'd bet something has to happen to RNRC soon, but yes another major expansion is probably at least 4-5 years off.

Talking of the Black Box dark ride, where does everyone think it will go? Animation courtyard? Replace Star Tours? New build somewhere?

Just my wish list: Fantasmic update, RNRC update, demo Animation Courtyard, demo Indy show for Indy ride.

You want to demo Animation Courtyard without replacing it with something? You must really hate the Little Mermaid ;)

Any list that involves an Indy ride is alright in my book though :thumbsup:

So the thought came to me, and call me out for my stupidity on it.
Why not retheme the area around RNRC to some Fox Properties?
GIVE ME A DIE HARD ATTRACTION, I BEG!
I can picture it already.
Theme up RNRC to alien vs predator but keep it pg-13
Retouch the Mcqueen Show into involving a Fox kid's I.P
And install a drop tower and theme it to Nakatomi Plaza
[/QUOTE/
Why would you put a drop tower next to the best themed drop ride in the world?

By the way, are the rumors of an eventual Monsters Inc land that was rumored a while back still believed to be in the works?
I honestly don't think this has ever been a real thing. It's something Jim Hill has been pushing for years. Eventually, he'll be right in terms of an expansion that connects Animation Courtyard to RNRC, but if it's something Monster's Inc, it's a coincidence.

I think the current rumor is a multi-IP PIXAR land with Monsters, Inc, Incredibles, and more.
Yes, a larger pixar "land" that includes Lightening McQueen's Racing Academy, rethemed RNRC to Incredibles and then an expansion inbetween Animation Courtyard and RNRC. That's what i've heard from more credible sources.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think this has ever been a real thing. It's something Jim Hill has been pushing for years. Eventually, he'll be right in terms of an expansion that connects Animation Courtyard to RNRC, but if it's something Monster's Inc, it's a coincidence.

Yes, a larger pixar "land" that includes Lightening McQueen's Racing Academy, rethemed RNRC to Incredibles and then an expansion inbetween Animation Courtyard and RNRC. That's what i've heard from more credible sources.
I hear the rumored E Ticket is still the Monsters, Inc. Power Plant Door Coaster, but I hear the ride system has switched from Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster to the Mack Powered Inverted Family Coaster.

Not saying I think you're wrong, but the Incredibles really deserve more than another reskin.

I hear the rumored E Ticket is still the Monsters, Inc. Power Plant Door Coaster, but I hear the ride system has switched from Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster to the Mack Powered Inverted Family Coaster.

As long as such a thing is an additional ride for the park, I'm game for whatever they want to do.

If we actually get the door coaster, i'll be all for it, but I also feel like it'll probably let a lot of people down. It's been this legend that has grown over the past 10 years and I feel like people love the idea of it, but will complain when it actually happens.

If we actually get the door coaster, i'll be all for it, but I also feel like it'll probably let a lot of people down. It's been this legend that has grown over the past 10 years and I feel like people love the idea of it, but will complain when it actually happens.
Yeah, it's kind of been the grand daddy of all EXPECTATIONS. It will be tough to meet those levels. , even if it's a good ride.

I wonder if they’ll bring over that Inside Out ride. also wonder if they’d go for the pixar pier aesthetic or more of the actual structures and locations from the films type land

I wonder if they’ll bring over that Inside Out ride. also wonder if they’d go for the pixar pier aesthetic or more of the actual structures and locations from the films type land
It would be incredibly easy and cost effective to clone the Inside Out ride as an extra ride for little kids. Bug's Land had two of those if I recall. Inside Out only used one.